There are 223 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dumb move #1 of the offseason. A complete fail by Lynch.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Buck was not worth to 21m per year.

Absolutely agree. Now if we can only get someone to take ST off our hands for a decent pick. I don't think anyone will offer much and his salary is low so we are probably keeping him and hoping for a epiphany.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by mrburkeyou:
I believe this was also done because lynch wants to see what Thomas can do playing inside at his natural spot

This is the most disgusting part. I've defended Solly but you trade him and let AA walk to have the money to pay Defo. Instead if feels like he's giving his guy a new shot and he just resigned a one year wonder injury prone player to a franchise deal.

Defo was the only one with real trade value. Well be fine
You could have gotten a mid round pick for Solly and dropped his $9 million dollar cap hit and in the process resigned Buckner.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Niners might trade Dee Ford and both 1st round picks for Chase Young!

That would be amazing
So which DE that can get to Wilson is available at 13 or near 13?
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by JDTical:
this is a really good trade for us. it sucks losing talent like this in a year after making the SB but it is the smart thing to do if buck was holding out for that kind of money.

It's only good if after we see the details of AAs deal that his cap hit for the next 2 years are under $10m. I loved DBuck and his attitude and durability. Also depends on who we get at #13.

I think we panicked

I think we (fans) know absolutely nothing and just are sad and sore to see a stud go. but no, there is no panic. the organization has a clear plan and have obviously thought this true. it's their f**king job. and it's our job to overreact
Originally posted by NYniner85:

And they lost the 2nd best DT in the game. And $17M of cap space is getting eaten by a bust.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Honestly that´s dumb but that ´s freaking ballsy in the same time.
It´s dumb because Buck is fantastic and such a great player. That´s a guy you want to build around.
At the same time 21 millions per year is huge huge money. And I love Buck to death but let´s be clear he´s no Aaron Donald or even Khalil Mack.
And I think that they see Bosa as the superstar of the defense as he really is actually.
So everything else is quite tradable.
The question is why keeping Armstead and not Buck? Well Armstead is cheaper first. Maybe Buck doesn´t want a Paraag ´s contract.
And there ´s this first rounder. It´s a 13th pick.
Javon Kinlaw could be there and he´s quite the prospect.
Jordan Love could be there and I get the feeling Shanahan regrets not listening his pal Simms on Mahomes.
And I´m like nope. They´re gonna draft Jerry Jeudy right?
Originally posted by raywm3:
Originally posted by okdkid:

How?

Because he's not worth Aaron Donald type money.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Well at least its out of conf

Good luck buck. Hmm wonder how draft works out now?

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Horrible take, Solomon Thomas is utterly useless.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Getting the thirteenth pick back=excellent

Going into next season with the high probability of Nick Bosa being the only pass rusher on the field=nightmare reality

Have to imagine there is more in the works. Niners now have ample cap room to do whatever they want.

Yeah they can now add some peeps via FA...one guy people need to start watching is Ross Blacklock out of TCU they had a pre-draft visit I believe. He fits the bill as a one gapping DT.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Armstead @ $17M + 13th overall pick >>>>>>>>> Buckner @ $21M (and no Armstead)
Originally posted by raywm3:

How?

Because Buckner wants upwards of $20 million. We were never going to pay that. So we trade him for pick #13. What's so hard to understand?
Originally posted by northoakland510:
Man didn't see that coming

You're telling me. I'm in shock. DeForest is a stud. Wonder what we're going to do with the draft pick?
Share 49ersWebzone