There are 225 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
I was attacked relentlessly here for encouraging the AA extension and Buckner trade, wow the mods even considered banning me they didn't like it one bit
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by mrburkeyou:
I believe this was also done because lynch wants to see what Thomas can do playing inside at his natural spot

This is the most disgusting part. I've defended Solly but you trade him and let AA walk to have the money to pay Defo. Instead if feels like he's giving his guy a new shot and he just resigned a one year wonder injury prone player to a franchise deal.

Defo was the only one with real trade value. Well be fine
You could have gotten a mid round pick for Solly and dropped his $9 million dollar cap hit and in the process resigned Buckner.

Mid round pick lol. Calais went for a 5th!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
DE Ford
DT AA
DT Thomas
DE Bosa
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I believe this was also done because lynch wants to see what Thomas can do playing inside at his natural spot

What Thomas can do?? Lol

He suxs
This will be interesting.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Getting the thirteenth pick back=excellent

Going into next season with the high probability of Nick Bosa being the only pass rusher on the field=nightmare reality

Dee Ford??
Originally posted by mayo49:
DE Ford
DT AA
DT Thomas
DE Bosa

Don't forget Jones. And hopefully, Blair.
Yeah, not happy about this one. We chose Armstead over Buckner. Buckner is a top 5 if not 3 DT in the league. We did well because we traded a guy in the last year of his rookie deal?? A top 3 DT just coming off his rookie deal who is just getting started is not someone you move. Those are guys you hope to hit on in the draft. Every draft pick is a crapshoot, so the 13th pick does nothing for me.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This deal is like Christmas.

I haven't been this sad since Willis retired.

The 13th pick is a huge get though.

My daughter is gonna have to get a new jersey now...
dynasty moves today family!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdc20:
Honestly that´s dumb but that ´s freaking ballsy in the same time.
It´s dumb because Buck is fantastic and such a great player. That´s a guy you want to build around.
At the same time 21 millions per year is huge huge money. And I love Buck to death but let´s be clear he´s no Aaron Donald or even Khalil Mack.
And I think that they see Bosa as the superstar of the defense as he really is actually.
So everything else is quite tradable.
The question is why keeping Armstead and not Buck? Well Armstead is cheaper first. Maybe Buck doesn´t want a Paraag ´s contract.
And there ´s this first rounder. It´s a 13th pick.
Javon Kinlaw could be there and he´s quite the prospect.
Jordan Love could be there and I get the feeling Shanahan regrets not listening his pal Simms on Mahomes.
And I´m like nope. They´re gonna draft Jerry Jeudy right?
Buckner was going nowhere for another season before the franchise tag is to be used would have been cheaper this season at $12 million.
Henry Ruggs @13
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

This is the most disgusting part. I've defended Solly but you trade him and let AA walk to have the money to pay Defo. Instead if feels like he's giving his guy a new shot and he just resigned a one year wonder injury prone player to a franchise deal.

Defo was the only one with real trade value. Well be fine
You could have gotten a mid round pick for Solly and dropped his $9 million dollar cap hit and in the process resigned Buckner.

LOL. Solomon Thomas finally going to get to play 3T.
Share 49ersWebzone