There are 473 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Horrible take, Solomon Thomas is utterly useless.

Solly bout to have that AA year.
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by raywm3:
Originally posted by okdkid:

How?

Because Buckner wants upwards of $20 million. We were never going to pay that. So we trade him for pick #13. What's so hard to understand?

Buckner already signed his 21m year contract with the colts
Not predicting this but suppose they trade their 2 number ones and move up and grab Chase Young. The main thing is this move saves us some money and gives us flexibility which all GMs like. I hate to see Buckner go because I always felt he was better than AA but $21 million with $90 million total is too much. Hopefully we get D J Jones back next year along with Blair.
Originally posted by jcs:
This is the most disgusting part. I've defended Solly but you trade him and let AA walk to have the money to pay Defo. Instead if feels like he's giving his guy a new shot and he just resigned a one year wonder injury prone player to a franchise deal.

AA is not on a franchise deal with us -- Parrag is evil genius.
Buck is on a franchise deal with Indy tho -- 21/yr >> 17/yr
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by mayo49:
DE Ford
DT AA
DT Thomas
DE Bosa

Don't forget Jones. And hopefully, Blair.

I love how now we look good with Thomas and Armstead and no Buckner. Buckner who ate up multiple blockers and still got through. Thomas is such a bust and a waste of my typing time and Armstead needed every other piece in order to look decent.
What Solomon can do: suck ass. Cuz he's a garbage football player.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Even if you love Buckner. You cannot admit with a straight face he is worth that money.

21 MILLION?!? GOOD GOD. No wonder we traded him. Absolutely LOVE Buckner. He's an All-Pro and a Pro Bowler, but there's no way we could afford 21 million and keep the majority of the others. WOW!!
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Henry Ruggs @13

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
21 MILLION?!? GOOD GOD. No wonder we traded him. Absolutely LOVE Buckner. He's an All-Pro and a Pro Bowler, but there's no way we could afford 21 million and keep the majority of the others. WOW!!

This is the most disgusting part. I've defended Solly but you trade him and let AA walk to have the money to pay Defo. Instead if feels like he's giving his guy a new shot and he just resigned a one year wonder injury prone player to a franchise deal.

AA is not on a franchise deal with us -- Parrag is evil genius.
Buck is on a franchise deal with Indy tho -- 21/yr >> 17/yr
Originally posted by Scottie15:
What Solomon can do: suck ass. Cuz he's a garbage football player.

Yeah, nobody should even be factoring this dude at all right now. I loved Solly coming out, but he's been trash for where he was selected. And yes, that includes when he's been at 3tech.

I agree he cant replace buck just had that feeling that lynch wants to give his boy another shot
NOOOOOOOO!!!! f**k!

Terrible move. Just f**king terrible.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

If aa is worth 17 then buck is worth 21.
Share 49ersWebzone