There are 195 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by bzborow1:
its sad to see Buckner go but I can understand the thinking. You simply can't allocate that much salary cap space to one position group. This will allow the team to spread the wealth around to other areas of the team that need help. Cornerback, offensive line, wide receiver among them. Could also look at a defensive lineman after this.

Personally I like Buckner much more than Armstead, but obviously the 49ers thought differently.

I honestly would have been pissed if it was something like 18mil/yr or for a 2nd. You just aren't supposed to not pay a guy, and get a top 15 pick back. Usually those are for less, like Jimmy G and Ford going for a 2nd.
who knows how valuable that 13th pick might be come the draft! The pick is right before Tampa's and they may need a QB or someone might want to come up and get one: Miami looking at you at 18 and 26 if you don't take one at 5.....

Buck's trade could easily turn into 18th, one of Miami's two 2nd's and Miami's 2021 1st rounder and you'd still have the 31st pick to use or trade down from too.
[ Edited by British9er on Mar 16, 2020 at 1:56 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Tough decision, but a smart one.

One more Baalke guy gone.
Trade the 13th pick to LA for Joey Bosa.
Looking at it with a calm mind - it was the right deal to do. Actually wished we could have gotten another 3rd or 4th out of it. But, gotta make long term moves and looking at that - it makes sense.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by pdc20:
That´s exactly what Belichick would have done.
Belichick always try to trade his players one year in advance.
It´s genius when you´re fan of another team but it f**king hurts when your GM do it.

Yup, this is a very Belichick move.

What's not a Belichick move is using that 13th pick on a WR.

Trade down to 15, get a 2nd and then use your 1st on a WR.

That'll be some move.

Or:

31st pick and DeeFord for Joey.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Thomas, show up or GTFO. Everyone knows he's better on the inside. Well we just freed up 700+ snaps or wtv it was.

DJ Jones showed some very nice things.

There are opportunities there, let's see who takes them.

We might have to extend Jones next year too. DJ was a stud.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

That'll be some move.

Or:

31st pick and DeeFord for Joey.

Would love it. But if a guy like Buckner gets $21M. I'm scared to even think about what Joey Bosa would get.

Well now the Armstead deal makes sense. Really sad to see Buckner go. He was a great player but this makes sense we get a great pick and save a lot of future money to spend.I have very mixed feelings right now but I at least understand where the teams mind was on this trade.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by sacniner:

probably was Seattle's GM while trying to hold back his laughter.

He must find it hilarious that the GM that just leap frogged his team hard on the way to the SB just got a top 15 pick and more cap space to work with.

He'll be laughing when his team wins the division next year, while ours flounders around like super bowl losers tend to do.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Mar 16, 2020 at 1:56 PM ]
It's wonderful to see the same folks that said I was a crazy troll now saying this deal makes sense, lol!
Gonna miss you big guy
  • thl408

(Jack Nicholson nodding gif)
Share 49ersWebzone