There are 190 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
Trade the 13th pick to LA for Joey Bosa.

Ohhhhh. Brilliant!
Originally posted by bzborow1:
its sad to see Buckner go but I can understand the thinking. You simply can't allocate that much salary cap space to one position group. This will allow the team to spread the wealth around to other areas of the team that need help. Cornerback, offensive line, wide receiver among them. Could also look at a defensive lineman after this.

Personally I like Buckner much more than Armstead, but obviously the 49ers thought differently.

Not necessarily. We only know that they didn't like Buckner ~ $4million more than AA.
They're too similar to pay both huge $ -- had to make a choice. I think they hit a home run honestly.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by sacniner:

probably was Seattle's GM while trying to hold back his laughter.

He must find it hilarious that the GM that just leap frogged his team hard on the way to the SB just got a top 15 pick and more cap space to work with.

While paying a guy 17mil with 1 solid year and losing a pro bowl stud on DL who commanded double teams making the guy who just got 17 mils job a lot easier.

Everyone on the Dline makes each other's jobs easier. Let's not act like AA didn't face over 200 double teams himself. Short term this hurts the Dline, no question about that. Long term adding the 13th pick and the cap savings place this team potentially in a much better place.
Great player for us but glad we got something for him.

Would have hated to see him walk away for nothing in FA next year. This seems to be a talent rich draft and we needed draft capital.
Josina said Buckner didn't even really know about it when she called him.

He must find it hilarious that the GM that just leap frogged his team hard on the way to the SB just got a top 15 pick and more cap space to work with.

He'll be laughing when his team wins the division next year, while ours flounders around like super bowl losers tend to do.

Wishful thinking for the haters I'm sure.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
its sad to see Buckner go but I can understand the thinking. You simply can't allocate that much salary cap space to one position group. This will allow the team to spread the wealth around to other areas of the team that need help. Cornerback, offensive line, wide receiver among them. Could also look at a defensive lineman after this.

Personally I like Buckner much more than Armstead, but obviously the 49ers thought differently.

Not necessarily. We only know that they didn't like Buckner ~ $4million more than AA.
They're too similar to pay both huge $ -- had to make a choice. I think they hit a home run honestly.

A 1st, Armstead and 4+ mil saved for Buckner.

We couldn't get anything back for Armstead, makes sense to trade the asset that gives you back the greatest return.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by pdc20:
That´s exactly what Belichick would have done.
Belichick always try to trade his players one year in advance.
It´s genius when you´re fan of another team but it f**king hurts when your GM do it.

Yup, this is a very Belichick move.

What's not a Belichick move is using that 13th pick on a WR.

Belichick would just trade the 13th pick for 10 other picks.^^
I´m thinking that Kyle is a Jeudy guy.
But that could be also for a QB let´s be honest. They could make a move for Tua and trade Jimmy G after that.
Or wait they just gonna take the boring but safe route of drafting an OT in a draft that is actually a good OT draft.
Buckner was way better than Armstead. Let Arm walk and pay Buckner. He's a top talent, pay the man.

Or maybe it's just because we had Buckner under contract, and AA was about to be a free agent and teams could just wait. And, they weren't gonna pay much for AA anyway.

End of the day, when you are paying too many people big bucks, you have to trade some of that for rookie salaries.

Still, I'd have kept Buck over AA.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:

While paying a guy 17mil with 1 solid year and losing a pro bowl stud on DL who commanded double teams making the guy who just got 17 mils job a lot easier.

Everyone on the Dline makes each other's jobs easier. Let's not act like AA didn't face over 200 double teams himself. Short term this hurts the Dline, no question about that. Long term adding the 13th pick and the cap savings place this team potentially in a much better place.

We don't even know that yet.

1,800-4.5-48

What will the drop off be? Will there be a drop off?
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:

A 1st, Armstead and 4+ mil saved for Buckner.

We couldn't get anything back for Armstead, makes sense to trade the asset that gives you back the greatest return.

lol should you really give $85M to a player you can't trade for anything?
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:
Buckner was way better than Armstead. Let Arm walk and pay Buckner. He's a top talent, pay the man.

Wrong! And too late!
noooo DeFO!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Josina said Buckner didn't even really know about it when she called him.

Then how he get his contract extension done so quickly? Lol
Share 49ersWebzone