There are 136 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by sacniner:

probably was Seattle's GM while trying to hold back his laughter.

He must find it hilarious that the GM that just leap frogged his team hard on the way to the SB just got a top 15 pick and more cap space to work with.

While paying a guy 17mil with 1 solid year and losing a pro bowl stud on DL who commanded double teams making the guy who just got 17 mils job a lot easier.

Everyone on the Dline makes each other's jobs easier. Let's not act like AA didn't face over 200 double teams himself. Short term this hurts the Dline, no question about that. Long term adding the 13th pick and the cap savings place this team potentially in a much better place.

I guess we will see. With Murray getting another year under his belt and now adding one of the best WRs on the game this dline can't afford to lose any productivity..and currently there is a gaping hope in that front
I hate to see him go but if we can get a #1 WR or one of the top OT in the draft this deal would be sweet.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Josina said Buckner didn't even really know about it when she called him.

Reporters leak things to media way too quickly. Gotta give teams more than a few minutes to contact players once deal has been finalized. However, considering his extension in Indianapolis I highly doubt Buckner was taken by surprise here.

I'm mixed on the news. I get it - they were concerned they would end up with nothing for him next offseason, so they moved him a year early for a good return. Great player, though. It'll hurt the DL initially, but we need to score more points than have extra luxury on the interior DL.

Pressure is really on Armstead to earn that new contract, though.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 16, 2020 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:

probably was Seattle's GM while trying to hold back his laughter.

He must find it hilarious that the GM that just leap frogged his team hard on the way to the SB just got a top 15 pick and more cap space to work with.

He'll be laughing when his team wins the division next year, while ours flounders around like super bowl losers tend to do.

Wishful thinking for the haters I'm sure.

Wishful thinking is believing in potential over production, while thinking this group is going to buck a trend that only New England overcame with the G.O.A.T at the helm since the 70's.
Sucks they couldn't keep DeFo, but getting #13 in the draft that's best case.
We can get a hellacious WR with this pick. What could we get if we want OG, Edge (to replace Dee), or CB?
Originally posted by HitMan52:

Then how he get his contract extension done so quickly? Lol

She probably meant he hasn't even processed it yet.
unbelievable. we trade away our best guy on the DL an sign the guy who had one good year. why not trade armstead an sign buckner, even for a lesser pick thats the better deal. unreal.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

Reporters leak things to media way too quickly. Gotta give teams more than a few minutes to contact players once deal has been finalized. However, considering his extension in Indianapolis I highly doubt Buckner was taken by surprise here.

I'm mixed on the news. I get it - they were concerned they would end up with nothing for him next offseason, so they moved him a year early for a good return. Great player, though. It'll hurt the DL initially, but we need to score more points than have extra luxury on the interior DL.

Pressure is on Solomon to prove he can replace Buckner.

Honestly Buck was the vastly superior player. IMO not close
This makes me believe they think they have a good rotation of guys playing the inside going into next year, just like in 2019
Flat out didn't see this coming. In a bit of shock really. He didn't have the year I thought he would last year. I figured with Ford and Bosa on the outside, Defo would go nuts. Didn't happen.

Hope this works out, but......
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by captveg:

Pressure is on Solomon to prove he can replace Buckner.

Please don't say that
You gotta love this FO... dynasty!
Share 49ersWebzone