There are 126 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Buck was going to ask for $20M next year - it was the right move to trade him.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Honestly Buck was the vastly superior player. IMO not close

More steady player but not a game wrecker IMHO like Donald, Clowney (at times), Jones, Grady, etc.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by sacniner:

probably was Seattle's GM while trying to hold back his laughter.

He must find it hilarious that the GM that just leap frogged his team hard on the way to the SB just got a top 15 pick and more cap space to work with.

While paying a guy 17mil with 1 solid year and losing a pro bowl stud on DL who commanded double teams making the guy who just got 17 mils job a lot easier.

Everyone on the Dline makes each other's jobs easier. Let's not act like AA didn't face over 200 double teams himself. Short term this hurts the Dline, no question about that. Long term adding the 13th pick and the cap savings place this team potentially in a much better place.

We don't even know that yet.

1,800-4.5-48

What will the drop off be? Will there be a drop off?

He was paid 21 million a year for a reason. Overall I agree with the trade since I think it's the best long term option but I still will miss DeFo in the middle. I hope Jones makes another big jump cause I'm just about done holding out hope for Solo. Never know what they will do between now and week 1 with the Dline too.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Confirmed $21. The deal is done.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by captveg:
Josina said Buckner didn't even really know about it when she called him.

Reporters leak things to media way too quickly. Gotta give teams more than a few minutes to contact players once deal has been finalized. However, considering his extension in Indianapolis I highly doubt Buckner was taken by surprise here.

I'm mixed on the news. I get it - they were concerned they would end up with nothing for him next offseason, so they moved him a year early for a good return. Great player, though. It'll hurt the DL initially, but we need to score more points than have extra luxury on the interior DL.

Pressure is really on Armstead to earn that new contract, though.

Pressure is on Solomon to prove he can replace Buckner.

Solly had 1-year to make a difference, otherwise he'll be gone. It's total make-or-break for him in 2020.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by captveg:
Josina said Buckner didn't even really know about it when she called him.

Reporters leak things to media way too quickly. Gotta give teams more than a few minutes to contact players once deal has been finalized. However, considering his extension in Indianapolis I highly doubt Buckner was taken by surprise here.

I'm mixed on the news. I get it - they were concerned they would end up with nothing for him next offseason, so they moved him a year early for a good return. Great player, though. It'll hurt the DL initially, but we need to score more points than have extra luxury on the interior DL.

Pressure is really on Armstead to earn that new contract, though.

Pressure is on Solomon to prove he can replace Buckner.

Or rather pressure is on AA to prove he was worth more than Buckner.

That's only a 3 million difference between Buck and AA then. And Buck is not only the better player the WAY more consistent player.

buckner was clearly better than armstead. would have been right to trade armstead an pay buckner. our FO Is relying on guys like DJ jones and ronald blair who are coming off major injuries. very scary.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
First post-Buckner mock draft...

• fan49
  • Veteran
So defo was garenteed 12 million this year. I don't she is keeping both this year and resigning people, and bringing in free agents. I doubt we guaranteed 12 million to Eric armstead. So I think we saved money and gained Jerry jeudy for defo

Originally posted by RTFirefly:
We can get a hellacious WR with this pick. What could we get if we want OG, Edge (to replace Dee), or CB?

If they stay at #13, I think a CB. But trading down from 13 is a good possibility to get more picks.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 16, 2020 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:

Love this
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

I like jeudy better. Beat route runner in draft... By far

That's only a 3 million difference between Buck and AA then. And Buck is not only the better player the WAY more consistent player.

The gap will likely be more like 5 million per once the Paraag funny money comes into play. AA would likely need to outplay DeFo to make the numbers being reported.
Everyone thinks this is a 4 million a year difference. It's not even close. AA's deal with be so much lower once the details come out. Inflated like Ford Alexander lol.
Share 49ersWebzone