DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Lamb is a demon after the catch.
He could be damn good with Shanahan.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Buck was going to ask for $20M next year - it was the right move to trade him.

Confirmed $21. The deal is done.

How do you feel about the trade...especially now the Buckner deal with Colts is public?
Originally posted by jcs:
Or rather pressure is on AA to prove he was worth more than Buckner.

Wrong! AA already proved he was deserving of an extension and Buckner proved he was trade meat! Dynasty!
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
from a business standpoint; I LOVE IT

from a fan standpoint, f**k

Exactly this. Stings a lot right now and I'm not happy but I understand that allocating 21 mil a year to a DT where we have depth (albeit, how much the drop off between Buck and the next guy is pretty significant) isn't going to give us leeway elsewhere.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by sacniner:

probably was Seattle's GM while trying to hold back his laughter.

He must find it hilarious that the GM that just leap frogged his team hard on the way to the SB just got a top 15 pick and more cap space to work with.

While paying a guy 17mil with 1 solid year and losing a pro bowl stud on DL who commanded double teams making the guy who just got 17 mils job a lot easier.

Everyone on the Dline makes each other's jobs easier. Let's not act like AA didn't face over 200 double teams himself. Short term this hurts the Dline, no question about that. Long term adding the 13th pick and the cap savings place this team potentially in a much better place.

We don't even know that yet.

1,800-4.5-48

What will the drop off be? Will there be a drop off?

He was paid 21 million a year for a reason. Overall I agree with the trade since I think it's the best long term option but I still will miss DeFo in the middle. I hope Jones makes another big jump cause I'm just about done holding out hope for Solo. Never know what they will do between now and week 1 with the Dline too.

Totally. I'm just saying let's revisit next year and see how much production was actually lost. Like you said, plenty of time to add more bodies to Thomas, AA already inside on 3rd downs, Jones, Street, Givens, Taylor, Zettel, Barrett, Willie Henry Jr., Ray Smith & Jonathan Kongbo. No doubt they'll add more too. Maybe some vets.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 16, 2020 at 2:10 PM ]
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by JDTical:
this is a really good trade for us. it sucks losing talent like this in a year after making the SB but it is the smart thing to do if buck was holding out for that kind of money.

It's only good if after we see the details of AAs deal that his cap hit for the next 2 years are under $10m. I loved DBuck and his attitude and durability. Also depends on who we get at #13.

I think we panicked

I think we (fans) know absolutely nothing and just are sad and sore to see a stud go. but no, there is no panic. the organization has a clear plan and have obviously thought this true. it's their f**king job. and it's our job to overreact

Ok I'm panicking and over reacting. But DAMN DBuck was our most consistent DLman. If we had to lose Ward and AA for him that would be fine, but we didn't need to do it right now. Doing it now nets us the 13th pick now, but that could be a bust for all we know. We almost won the damn Super Bowl and we had the "window" open now. Maybe a good future move, but depends on a lot of things.

If this season is a wash due to corona, then it's ok. Lots of ifs.
Originally posted by bopicksix:
Originally posted by jcs:
Or rather pressure is on AA to prove he was worth more than Buckner.

Wrong! AA already proved he was deserving of an extension and Buckner proved he was trade meat! Dynasty!

Over 1 year where a guy had good production on his contract year? Buck has been solid and consistent since day 1. AA has not.
Originally posted by okdkid:
First post-Buckner mock draft...

They have the Dolphins picking Herbert over Tua????? Hoookay
Originally posted by stefano89:
buckner was clearly better than armstead.

Uh oh your questioning the FO that took this team from the biggest embarrassment in the nfl all the way to the super bowl in short time.. bad idea! Dynasty!
damn. I don't think AA is worth it.

Originally posted by bopicksix:
Originally posted by stefano89:
buckner was clearly better than armstead.

Uh oh your questioning the FO that took this team from the biggest embarrassment in the nfl all the way to the super bowl in short time.. bad idea! Dynasty!

Let's not act like every FO doesn't mistakes. This FO has made some. Even the great Pats and BB have made some.
Over 1 year where a guy had good production on his contract year? Buck has been solid and consistent since day 1. AA has not.

This. AA played great in a contract year. That's about it.
  • Jiks
Loved the AA signing but hate this.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Originally posted by luis1985:

This. AA played great in a contract year. That's about it.

AA played good in 2018, his stats just weren't there, similar in many ways to DeFos 2017 season. Less separates AA's 2018 year than 2019 than you would think. Biggest problem was always health, now he's had two 16 game seasons so hopefully that's past him.
Share 49ersWebzone