There are 132 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erguy:
I love DeFo and my gut tells me this will end up being the right move.

We dipped out toes in the water with DeFo's extension and something tells me we were WAY off. Can't keep them all. Nobody wants to see the leader of our defense leave but we couldn't keep them all. Very upset but I understand. I think the 13th pick was a win/win for both Niners and Colts.
Lynch and Kyle had a choice. They could choose to use up their load and give themselves a good chance to win it all this year, or think about the future.

They chose one of these. And it wasn't the former.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Buck was going to ask for $20M next year - it was the right move to trade him.

That's only a 3 million difference between Buck and AA then. And Buck is not only the better player the WAY more consistent player.

They obviously wanted the best draft pick possible this year, and only Buckner would command that (between Buck and AA).
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Big fan of DeFO, but I just don't think he is $21m a year player (very, very few are). We have to assume that the FO realized his contract demands would be too rich.
Would love for the Niners to be able to backfill Defo with Emerson Griffen
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

That's only a 3 million difference between Buck and AA then. And Buck is not only the better player the WAY more consistent player.

They obviously wanted the best draft pick possible this year, and only Buckner would command that (between Buck and AA).

Yeah Armstead wasn't giving us a 1st, let alone #13 overall. MAYBE a second from a hungry team. Maybe.
Not the guy I was expecting to lose
harsh decisions, at least we got a 1st
Originally posted by stefano89:
we traded away an a consistent, dominating player over an inconsistent player who has only had one good season. you dont even have to question it its just common sense.

You share the consensus viewpoint. How many teams are building... dynasties! There's only one
This would sting a lot less if we had just won the super bowl
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Confirmed $21. The deal is done.

How do you feel about the trade...especially now the Buckner deal with Colts is public?

I love it. Smart business move. Heartbroken as a fan.

Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
I love DeFo and my gut tells me this will end up being the right move.

We dipped out toes in the water with DeFo's extension and something tells me we were WAY off. Can't keep them all. Nobody wants to see the leader of our defense leave but we couldn't keep them all. Very upset but I understand. I think the 13th pick was a win/win for both Niners and Colts.

The 13th pick is a win. There's no way we would even come close to paying him the 21 he getting from colts. Frankly I don't think he's worth that much. That's close to Donald money and Donald is much much more dominating. I think between, Jones, Blair and Thomas we should be fine.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This would sting a lot less if we had just won the super bowl

Current roster. More cometh.
LDE/W9: Arik Armstead; Dee Ford, Anthony Zettel & Alex Barrett
2i: D.J. Jones; Kentavius Street & Kevin Givens
3T: Solomon Thomas; Jullian Taylor, Willie Henry Jr. & Ray Smith
RDE/W9: Nick Bosa; Jonathan Kongbo
Luckily i didn't get his jersey, lol.
Buckner was dominant??? When? He's a great player. But he's not dominant in the way Aaron Donald is
Share 49ersWebzone