There are 175 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bloodless:
This makes a lot of sense. we could only keep one of AA and Buckner. It was either Buckner at a cost of 4-5 million a year more or AA at 4-5 million a year less plus getting the # 13 overall pick in the draft. Yes, We have to hit on that pick for this deal to have been good but that pick is extremely valuable.

No JJ Stokes please.
John and Kyle stay humble. Dynasty!

*sorry colts fans
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Buckner was dominant??? When? He's a great player. But he's not dominant in the way Aaron Donald is

You can say that for every DT not named Donald. He's in a class of his own.

Whether you felt he was dominant or not his play definitely freed up others to get sacks. My concern now is how much this loss puts on Bosa carry so much of the load especially with Ford's durability in question.

If anything this changes things for Armstead. But Armstead was already better at beating double teams than Buckner.

Whether you felt he was dominant or not his play definitely freed up others to get sacks. My concern now is how much this loss puts on Bosa carry so much of the load especially with Ford's durability in question.

Exactly. This is my biggest concern as well. There's no doubt that the trade was a good move, but now you're depending on Nick Bosa and 2 guys who have barely been able to stay on the field, especially Dee Ford. I don't expect him to play more than half of next year's games. The foundation of our team just got weaker.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by bopicksix:
Originally posted by jcs:
Or rather pressure is on AA to prove he was worth more than Buckner.

Wrong! AA already proved he was deserving of an extension and Buckner proved he was trade meat! Dynasty!

Over 1 year where a guy had good production on his contract year? Buck has been solid and consistent since day 1. AA has not.

One can also say AA looked good last year simply because he was surrounded by superior talent and faced the least amount of attention by an offense. Now that talent is less and he has even more responsibility to make up the difference with the loss of Buckner our best player on the DLine.
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 16, 2020 at 2:58 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Buckner was dominant??? When? He's a great player. But he's not dominant in the way Aaron Donald is

If anything this changes things for Armstead. But Armstead was already better at beating double teams than Buckner.
No he wasn't.
Every Colts fan be like "He's only 25!!"

Oh yeah... well... he turns 26 tomorrow! So there!
This could be a move to set up another move
Originally posted by Heroism:
Exactly. This is my biggest concern as well. There's no doubt that the trade was a good move, but now you're depending on Nick Bosa and 2 guys who have barely been able to stay on the field, especially Dee Ford. I don't expect him to play more than half of next year's games. The foundation of our team just got weaker.

Can we wait a few more months before making this declaration? I'm pretty sure this isn't the last move we're making.

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Can't sign them all. We took the cheaper guy and got premium picks for Buckner. I'll live with that.
Yep. Can't do both AA @ $17M and Buck at $21M. Kept one and got the 13th pick this year.

It's time to see what Solly can do at with his natural position with no double teams.

It'll be a heavy rotation inside anyhow including AA on passing downs. A number of DL always get let go too like Linval Joseph.

Once we drafted Solly and Armstead balled out, we had to alleviate our logjam inside somehow. Props to Lynch for selling Buck at a high point and the getting a #13th pick in the process.

Damn impressive considering Hopkins only got a 2nd and Calaias Campbell a 5th.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
This could be a move to set up another move

Totally agree.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Can't sign them all. We took the cheaper guy and got premium picks for Buckner. I'll live with that.
Yep. Can't do both AA @ $17M and Buck at $21M. Kept one and got the 13th pick this year.

It's time to see what Solly can do at with his natural position with no double teams.

It'll be a heavy rotation inside anyhow including AA on passing downs. A number of DL always get let go too like Linval Joseph.

Once we drafted Solly and Armstead balled out, we had to alleviate our logjam inside somehow. Props to Lynch for selling Buck at a high point and the getting a #13th pick in the process.

Damn impressive considering Hopkins only got a 2nd and Calaias Campbell a 5th.

Solly is useless, he is an anchor.

We have seen Solly inside and he is terrible.

Lynch still doesn't get it with Solly.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

I'm right there with you DJ.....
Share 49ersWebzone