There are 161 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Every year ppl clamor for a WR with our 1st round pick. Most years im against it. This year especially.

Few Reasons:

1. Run 1st philosophy.
2. 3 young Wrs (Samuel, Bourne, Hurd)
3. 3 DB's become FA's after 2020 (Sherm, Witherspoon, and Mosley)
4. Cap space created from trade 12 mil and change is AAV floor for Kittle.
5. Team can't afford to pay FA DB's.
6. 2020 draft has at least 4 1st rd WR prospects if not more.
7. Team has 2 1st rd picks.

Lets recap.

Deep WR draft, for a run 1st team with very little cap space wiggle room, that has a secondary that could be completely different in 2 years.

Also can't forget about the oline. Interior starters could be improved and depth at OT is also a need.
The Niners need to NAIL this 13th pick for this to be a good trade....or flip the pick for a proven stud player.

Otherwise, this trade is crap.
[ Edited by Costanza on Mar 16, 2020 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Buck was a workhorse.

He was, however, he did not have the same impact he had in 2018, IMO. He certainly did not match up to the hype about what he would do with Bosa and Ford. If anything, it was AA that did what many had predicted for Buckner.

I'm very happy with the trade. It really brings some interesting trade down opportunities. There will be teams that will send multiple high picks to move up to 13 if "their guy" is there. I could easily see this trade bringing a total of 3 high picks picks to the 49ers. The 31 pick has only the 5th year option to entice teams. 13 brings some serious weight.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
This could be a move to set up another move

Totally agree.

Baalke raises hands, I'll trade that 1st rounder, #13 overall, for your six 6 th rounders.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Exactly. This is my biggest concern as well. There's no doubt that the trade was a good move, but now you're depending on Nick Bosa and 2 guys who have barely been able to stay on the field, especially Dee Ford. I don't expect him to play more than half of next year's games. The foundation of our team just got weaker.

Can we wait a few more months before making this declaration? I'm pretty sure this isn't the last move we're making.

So many overreactions on here lol

Unfortunately I don't think that's an overreaction. Buckner was highly valued.
Bosa just went from double teams all game to triple teams.

That being said, it was going to be hard to retain Buckner after next season. I would've much rather let Armstead walk than Buckner. I guess at least this way we get some RoI.

I think it's a wash right now. Gave us a lot more ammo this off-season with draft capital and cap space, but our team just got much worse. We better nail this 13th overall pick.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Buck was a workhorse.

He was, however, he did not have the same impact he had in 2018, IMO. He certainly did not match up to the hype about what he would do with Bosa and Ford. If anything, it was AA that did what many had predicted for Buckner.

I'm very happy with the trade. It really brings some interesting trade down opportunities. There will be teams that will send multiple high picks to move up to 13 if "their guy" is there. I could easily see this trade bringing a total of 3 high picks picks to the 49ers. The 31 pick has only the 5th year option to entice teams. 13 brings some serious weight.

You'll be singing a different tune when AA and Thomas are getting blown up next year! Buckner was the key!
Trade will look better when all detail on AA deal come out and more like 12-14 a year and Buck is 20+. Not willing to sign a deal that protects team closes the door quickly.
Um What happened????
well hopefully we get an offensive weapon because were gonna have to score even more points to win now

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerLegionnaire:
Every year ppl clamor for a WR with our 1st round pick. Most years im against it. This year especially.

Few Reasons:

1. Run 1st philosophy.
2. 3 young Wrs (Samuel, Bourne, Hurd)
3. 3 DB's become FA's after 2020 (Sherm, Witherspoon, and Mosley)
4. Cap space created from trade 12 mil and change is AAV floor for Kittle.
5. Team can't afford to pay FA DB's.
6. 2020 draft has at least 4 1st rd WR prospects if not more.
7. Team has 2 1st rd picks.

Lets recap.

Deep WR draft, for a run 1st team with very little cap space wiggle room, that has a secondary that could be completely different in 2 years.

Also can't forget about the oline. Interior starters could be improved and depth at OT is also a need.
You already know Kyle is drooling over this WR class. And losing to a faster, more high powered offense in the Superbowl probably doesn't sit well with him either.
If we would have paid AA and Buckner, say bye bye to Kittle.
We shoulda let AA walk or trade the guy.. sit on Bucko for another year, and extend both Kittle and Warner..

it's gonna be even WORSE if we end up finding a way to re-sign other stupid FA players we have like Ward, Sanders ..

I know this much, Brainiac Lynch best not miss on the 13th pick of whatever plans he's got with our two 1st rounders.
Some of you guys are b****ing way too much.
Originally posted by bopicksix:
they called me a troll but I knew this FO was on their game

you keep patting yourself on the back but I have yet to see the quote where you called this. If you did great call. If not quit saying you did its annoying.
Share 49ersWebzone