LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 277 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
We getting the best WR in the draft!!!!
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by genus49:
I get what some are saying. Just hard to see top flight talent being traded. Dude was a monster in the super bowl. Who do we have to eat up double teams while making big plays shedding those double teams?

Nick Bosa...

I mean the interior. Buck eats up the guard and center most plays. Teams shifted to start double teaming Bosa after the Carolina game. Buck allowed the linebackers to flow and make plays. I just don't see that player on our roster anymore. Run d gonna be super soft.

What did Buck do when teams started DT Bosa? Nothing.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I get what some are saying. Just hard to see top flight talent being traded. Dude was a monster in the super bowl. Who do we have to eat up double teams while making big plays shedding those double teams?

DJ Jones will play a big part next year too, assuming he stays healthy of course.

I like Jones. Showing good promise. B/c of Buck he sees 2 on 2 blocking. He's never faced constant double teams. Hope he can make the impact we need.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Keeping both Buckner and Armstead long term was never going to happen. It is impossible under the cap unless you want to lose Kittle and/or others. Thats not debatable. So you have to capitalize on your assets. If they played it out long term and let one walk, the best the 49ers would get would be a compensatory pick. They don't give 1st round comps. Trading one of the two now and getting a 1st rounder in the top 15 is better than any other scenario possible.

If whoever they draft at #13 busts, it means the pick was wrong. It doesn't make it a bad trade. Those are two separate things. This trade is already a win in regards to the value acquired.

Good post
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f5231252-d584-409e-906e-9d0a1100d37a#Es8HIxKcV.copy

Lock this thing up!
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I'm devastated by this, DeeFo was a real leader on this team. I realize we couldn't afford him but man this is a tuff loss for maybe the most durable player in NFL

Im right there with yah man. This one hurts.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Bye Bruh
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by teylo31:
Great a 13 overall pick but stuck with a mediocre/to below avg player who had a GOOD year on a loaded DL and traded a stud away. Not happy. Spin it anyway you want

Armstead had a good season in 2018, he took another step forward last season. People are so stuck on their original view of him that its gone well beyond irrational at this point. He's a very good DL in his own right.

Spin it, DJ, spin it

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I'm devastated by this, DeeFo was a real leader on this team. I realize we couldn't afford him but man this is a tuff loss for maybe the most durable player in NFL

Im right there with yah man. This one hurts.

There was a way to afford and keep the guy.. we just didn't bother because Brainiac Lynch and Choke Artist Kyle didn't see him more than a solid DT who plays 1 great quarter, then an average at some..

THAT'S THE TRUTH !!!

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Man, I actually had the team allowing Aweak ArmHurt walk while keeping Bucko and moving up Julian Taylor ...

Brainiac Lynch and Choke Artist Kyle must have already fallen in-love with someone right now..

Shanny / Lynch doing their best to surpass Harbaugh / Baalke regime
Figure at least 3 QBs, Chase Young, and that monster offensive lineman go before our pick. That makes us 8th on everybody else. We can get somebody really, really good at WR or CB, or trade our #13 down but stay in the 1st round, then pick up a WR and have a 2nd and 3rd or something similar to use as well. And still have our virgin #31.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
No, results are what matter. This move has to make the team better or it is a bad move.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Its one of those trades that depends on who we get at #13. If we get another All-Pro, we win. If we don't, they win.
Not necessarily. We weren't going to be able to afford both Buckner and Armstead. Regardless of whether the pick received in the trade pans out/flops is inconsequential. The value received is always going to make this move a smart one.

No, results are what matter. This move has to make the team better or it is a bad move.
Keeping both Buckner and Armstead long term was never going to happen. It is impossible under the cap unless you want to lose Kittle and/or others. Thats not debatable. So you have to capitalize on your assets. If they played it out long term and let one walk, the best the 49ers would get would be a compensatory pick. They don't give 1st round comps. Trading one of the two now and getting a 1st rounder in the top 15 is better than any other scenario possible.

If whoever they draft at #13 busts, it means the pick was wrong. It doesn't make it a bad trade. Those are two separate things. This trade is already a win in regards to the value acquired.

Yea there are situations where both teams lose. Like how we won the Alex Smith trade compensation wise, we just f****d up the picks. That didn't mean KC won, because Alex always held them back from being real contenders until they drafted a franchise QB.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 16, 2020 at 9:31 PM ]
Why isn't this news plastered as the main article on the home page?
UNLESS we draft someone who ends up a MAHOME type of SUPERSTAR, the trade will never make any sense..
Share 49ersWebzone