LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 274 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
UNLESS we draft someone who ends up a MAHOME type of SUPERSTAR, the trade will never make any sense..

Why does it have to be a Mahomes type of superstar for it to make sense to you? What if we end up drafting a Bucker type of All-Pro instead?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Moon has spent the better part of the last 3 or 4 years downplaying "Bucko's" impact on the team and now he wants to act like his #1 fan?
Originally posted by FL9er:
Moon has spent the better part of the last 3 or 4 years downplaying "Bucko's" impact on the team and now he wants to act like his #1 fan?

And can't pay everyone, Colts gave him $21mil/year. And I like DeFo a ton, but he ain't Aaron Donald.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 16, 2020 at 10:02 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I'm devastated by this, DeeFo was a real leader on this team. I realize we couldn't afford him but man this is a tuff loss for maybe the most durable player in NFL

Im right there with yah man. This one hurts.

There was a way to afford and keep the guy.. we just didn't bother because Brainiac Lynch and Choke Artist Kyle didn't see him more than a solid DT who plays 1 great quarter, then an average at some..

THAT'S THE TRUTH !!!

The truth is Paraag is paid way more than you.
This really sucks still. I don't see how you are going to replace his production. AA better not be a one year wonder on his contract year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Moon isn't the only one. There are a LOT of posters who became huge Buckner fans the moment we traded him.

It's very bizarre, honestly.

I loved Buckner before and I still do. At least I'm honest and consistent unlike some other people!
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Mar 16, 2020 at 10:17 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Appreciate you, Buck. Unfortunate part of the business.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Appreciate you, Buck. Unfortunate part of the business.

I'd venture to guess he's quite happy with it.
Been out of the loop all day and my son just texted telling me about this trade....all they got is the 13th pick, that can't be true, they got more...right???

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Been out of the loop all day and my son just texted telling me about this trade....all they got is the 13th pick, that can't be true, they got more...right???

Nope, straight up 13th pick for defo. Cleared up $12 mil in cap space too I think.
B/R gave us an A and Indy a C for this trade.

General narrative outside of our fanbase seems to be that we won this trade. That makes me nervous because I feel like the initial reaction always ends up being the opposite of the truth.
I'm not saying that we made the wrong move but....I dont recall DeFo missing any games from serious injury ( maybe missed a game during Jimmy T. Or C. Kelly but he played a ton of downs under them.

We just resigned two players with a history of injuries. I think we could've landed an upgrade at safety by trading AA. I sure hope AA and Ward can stay injury free but I'm concerned.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
I'm not saying that we made the wrong move but....I dont recall DeFo missing any games from serious injury ( maybe missed a game during Jimmy T. Or C. Kelly but he played a ton of downs under them.

We just resigned two players with a history of injuries. I think we could've landed an upgrade at safety by trading AA. I sure hope AA and Ward can stay injury free but I'm concerned.

I predict they both stay healthy - how about that?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 16, 2020 at 10:35 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:

I can't argue with this
Share 49ersWebzone