LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 256 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I think the jury is still out on Purdy even by your own teams fans.

as for Geno. He is who he is. Slightly above average quarterback, he can show amazing talent and skill and then he can show his inconsistency and failure to produce and or epic mistakes under pressure. I'd argue on a better team Geno could look much better than he does, like if he played for the Niners with a way more consistent run game. But either way he's not a QB who can carry a team on his arm. He may be able to do so in spurts or even to finish a game. But I wouldn't rely on him to do so on a regular basis. He looks like a 12 year vet who is not a top 5 QB.

Purdy will not show his true capabilities until he gets paid and the team around him fades which could be amazing or he could be like CK (don't forget he at one point looked like gods gift to football that didn't get the respect he deserved). Btw I'm not saying Purdy is a bad QB, I'm just saying we've seen this story time and time again where a very good team appears to have an elite QB and you really don't know if they are until the other stars go.

People said the same thing before CMC went down, he's played without CMC and Deebo at times, dealt with injuries all over the offense. Give the kid some credit. If Geno was playing like Purdy you'd be talking MVP.
Dang we made you guys trade for a DT after averaging 6.9 ypc
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 15, 2024 at 12:23 AM ]
I hope Shanny gets their HC fired like he got carrol's azz canned
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
I hope Shanny gets their HC fired like he got carrol's azz canned

if they fire him, I'd give him a chance as our dc.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
if they fire him, I'd give him a chance as our dc.

Yes indeed
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
I think the jury is still out on Purdy even by your own teams fans.

as for Geno. He is who he is. Slightly above average quarterback, he can show amazing talent and skill and then he can show his inconsistency and failure to produce and or epic mistakes under pressure. I'd argue on a better team Geno could look much better than he does, like if he played for the Niners with a way more consistent run game. But either way he's not a QB who can carry a team on his arm. He may be able to do so in spurts or even to finish a game. But I wouldn't rely on him to do so on a regular basis. He looks like a 12 year vet who is not a top 5 QB.

Purdy will not show his true capabilities until he gets paid and the team around him fades which could be amazing or he could be like CK (don't forget he at one point looked like gods gift to football that didn't get the respect he deserved). Btw I'm not saying Purdy is a bad QB, I'm just saying we've seen this story time and time again where a very good team appears to have an elite QB and you really don't know if they are until the other stars go.

People said the same thing before CMC went down, he's played without CMC and Deebo at times, dealt with injuries all over the offense. Give the kid some credit. If Geno was playing like Purdy you'd be talking MVP.

I am giving him credit, I wrote he's not a bad QB, he's probably a good QB. But whether or not he is GREAT or MVP is yet to be seen and also as i wrote above "I think the jury is still out on Purdy even by your own teams fans." which they are crucifying him as I write this after yesterday's performance.
I am giving him credit, I wrote he's not a bad QB, he's probably a good QB. But whether or not he is GREAT or MVP is yet to be seen and also as i wrote above "I think the jury is still out on Purdy even by your own teams fans." which they are crucifying him as I write this after yesterday's performance.

Oh please get out of here with that low bar risk adverse prediction. And make up your mind or just wait until it is all said and done. Fans here crucify Purdy win or lose. It's the nature of the zone. You should have seen this place last year during the three-game losing skid. One game doesnt make a player but you sure did come rolling around like I knew you would after a bad loss, and especially after your clucks won.
Originally posted by 49erKing:

Oh please get out of here with that low bar risk adverse prediction. And make up your mind or just wait until it is all said and done. Fans here crucify Purdy win or lose. It's the nature of the zone. You should have seen this place last year during the three-game losing skid. One game doesnt make a player but you sure did come rolling around like I knew you would after a bad loss, and especially after your clucks won.

Okay. Here is my mind on Purdy, I think he's a good QB top 5-7, I don't think he's elite at this current time. Elite is top 3. Could he be? sure. But as of now. No. One game does not make a player, but how they perform without weapons, under pressure and perhaps even just finishing when it matters even though they played not so well throughout a game is where I feel the top 3 QBs show expose themselves. For the record I have never been on the Geno or even RW bandwagon (although in his prime, he really was clutch, but I often criticized maybe he needed to be clutch because of his mediocre performance through 3.5 quarters of each game). So maybe I'm just too critical of QBs in general.
Share 49ersWebzone