Yes.

He's a load to deal with on bull rushes
Originally posted by JasonKraft:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Is DJ Jones still on your D line?

Yes.

Hes probably the strongest player in the NFC West.
I still hate these f**kers.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Yes.

I heard today that Russell Wilson has never received a single MVP vote. Not even when they went to the SB. I'm not say he should have won but to not even get a vote. Something really wrong with the voters. Even Dak Prescott has gotten votes and he's not close to Wilson.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I heard today that Russell Wilson has never received a single MVP vote. Not even when they went to the SB. I'm not say he should have won but to not even get a vote. Something really wrong with the voters. Even Dak Prescott has gotten votes and he's not close to Wilson.

Wilson still has a good running game I don't think Rodgers ever really had that. Dak isn't a bum but he's nowhere near the talent of Wilson either throwing or running. Pretty tough to get MVP consideration on a fairly stacked team
[ Edited by JasonKraft on May 13, 2020 at 2:25 PM ]

Yes.

He's a beast
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I still hate these f**kers.

Wait till you see the new crop of trash they drafted. Guaranteed dirty injuries coming.

Wilson still has a good running game I don't think Rodgers ever really had that. Dak isn't a bum but he's nowhere near the talent of Wilson either throwing or running. Pretty tough to get MVP consideration on a fairly stacked team

Wilson has put up MVP type numbers only a few times in his career and it's always during the regular season. That doesn't disqualify him for getting MVP votes however as we all know he's not a good playoff quarterback, relies on his elite defense and running game and now that his defense is not as good he is putting up better numbers. however, he is also a reason why they lose, although not a huge one at this point in this career.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Wait till you see the new crop of trash they drafted. Guaranteed dirty injuries coming.

They only had two good drafts in my opinion and that was almost a decade ago. They draft such trash and it's great. This year they could've had a way better linebacker but again they reached a few times in this year's draft. I love it

Yes.

Never said he was the best athlete/ping pong player lol
Originally posted by elguapo:

Wilson has put up MVP type numbers only a few times in his career and it's always during the regular season. That doesn't disqualify him for getting MVP votes however as we all know he's not a good playoff quarterback, relies on his elite defense and running game and now that his defense is not as good he is putting up better numbers. however, he is also a reason why they lose, although not a huge one at this point in this career.

Great post buddy, summing it up in very few words.

I know typing what you type feels like saying something sacrilegious like "Lawrence Taylor was an average defender" or "Kobe Bryant was a stat compiler"........haha, but only because the big media narratives shove Wilson down our throats so much that it's so hard to be critical of him. You never see any real criticism of him like you do with other QBs......QBs that have done more in this league than him included.

Whether it's the Seattle market, his short stature (which I should support since I'm shorter than him), his fake nice persona........people eat it up and overrate everything he does 5x and minimizes his weaknesses as irrelevant.

I mean it has to be said that last season was the first full 16 game season where I didn't think Wilson held his offense back when he would throw at higher percentages. The year prior in 2018 they started the season having him throw a bit and they lost a few games early, re-adjusted to having him play with a run/pass ratio similar to or exceeding Jimmy G's 2019 season and suddenly they're winning more! So 2019, season *EIGHT* he's finally playing like a real QB for possibly a full 16 games and we're gonna act like he's been doing this forever. GTFOH.

Look, Carson Wentz had a really really good 2017 season and then he's been gone from the media's eyes. He was supposed to be the next best QB in the NFL, and I guess his biggest problem was he didn't win that SB that Foles did and he keeps getting hurt. Unlike Wilson, he never built enough EQUITY to be cemented as a top guy. So the guy is actually evaluated very objectively like everyone else.

BTW, just so you guys know, I'm starting to see the bigger picture here. Wilson has two COMPS (as the real estate people would call it)......they would be Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. Guys who win on athleticism and arm talent over true QBing (Mahomes a bit less than the other two, but still is reliant....he's a kid). The league loves this style of QB........now you got Kyler Murray, Tua.........I've never seen so many Wilson clones, it's hilarious. There will probably be 5 more Wilson clones before this new decade is through.

So naturally, we'll have to tolerate the overrating of their elder statesman a little while longer.......hopefully when the mobility runs out.

I'll be heading over to the Chiefs forum to check Mahomes. Can't stand him either......he was a missed hold on 3rd and 15 from having a Lamar Jackson super bowl performance.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on May 13, 2020 at 6:10 PM ]

Yes.

Never said he was the best athlete/ping pong player lol

I'm not bashing Jones but Aaron Donald is freakishly strong.
BTW, if you're still crying over MVP votes (such a hilarious thing to worry about, I never kept track of that for Montana or Young and as great as they were they didn't win more than 2 each, Brady twice, Peyton won 5.....it's f**king hard to do, LOL).......although a fair argument though is that we're now giving away MVP awards to Barry Sanders style QBs.....

Cam newton kinda earned it in 2015 but since then has had the type of downfall I could only wish on Wilson. I'm sure he'd probably turn that MVP in to extend his career a bit more. And it's fascinating how effective Cam was that one season and now it's questionable he's even an NFL starter anymore.

I haven't checked but the MVP hasn't won the Super Bowl in quite a long time. Just checked, hasn't happened yet in this millenium - Warner in '99 last to do it.

So if by some miracle Wilson becomes MVP, we'll know he ain't winning the Bowl for sure.
MVP never concerned me as a fan. I never placed any importance on MVP. Wins make me happy
Share 49ersWebzone