LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 139 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
How do you post photos on here? Your forum is circa windows 95'
[ Edited by JasonKraft on May 13, 2020 at 7:11 PM ]
Originally posted by JasonKraft:

Yeah, there were football forums before 2012.

and I don't know.
Originally posted by MrGriz:

and I don't know.

There were many before 12'. I'll read the tutorial on the welcome page

Super easy. Just go to http://www.seahawks.net and post them here.
[ Edited by Morgan49 on May 13, 2020 at 8:35 PM ]
Originally posted by MrGriz:

and I don't know.

Originally posted by Morgan49:

You probably post there more than me
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Great post buddy, summing it up in very few words.

I know typing what you type feels like saying something sacrilegious like "Lawrence Taylor was an average defender" or "Kobe Bryant was a stat compiler"........haha, but only because the big media narratives shove Wilson down our throats so much that it's so hard to be critical of him. You never see any real criticism of him like you do with other QBs......QBs that have done more in this league than him included.

Whether it's the Seattle market, his short stature (which I should support since I'm shorter than him), his fake nice persona........people eat it up and overrate everything he does 5x and minimizes his weaknesses as irrelevant.

I mean it has to be said that last season was the first full 16 game season where I didn't think Wilson held his offense back when he would throw at higher percentages. The year prior in 2018 they started the season having him throw a bit and they lost a few games early, re-adjusted to having him play with a run/pass ratio similar to or exceeding Jimmy G's 2019 season and suddenly they're winning more! So 2019, season *EIGHT* he's finally playing like a real QB for possibly a full 16 games and we're gonna act like he's been doing this forever. GTFOH.

Look, Carson Wentz had a really really good 2017 season and then he's been gone from the media's eyes. He was supposed to be the next best QB in the NFL, and I guess his biggest problem was he didn't win that SB that Foles did and he keeps getting hurt. Unlike Wilson, he never built enough EQUITY to be cemented as a top guy. So the guy is actually evaluated very objectively like everyone else.

BTW, just so you guys know, I'm starting to see the bigger picture here. Wilson has two COMPS (as the real estate people would call it)......they would be Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. Guys who win on athleticism and arm talent over true QBing (Mahomes a bit less than the other two, but still is reliant....he's a kid). The league loves this style of QB........now you got Kyler Murray, Tua.........I've never seen so many Wilson clones, it's hilarious. There will probably be 5 more Wilson clones before this new decade is through.

So naturally, we'll have to tolerate the overrating of their elder statesman a little while longer.......hopefully when the mobility runs out.

I'll be heading over to the Chiefs forum to check Mahomes. Can't stand him either......he was a missed hold on 3rd and 15 from having a Lamar Jackson super bowl performance.

Bra f**king Vo JT. perfectly stated. I'd also like to say Wilson has finally progressed as a passer but he also has 2 great wrs......so???? That helped quite a bit. One would also think Seattle would put teams away, specifically their offense, with a GREAT qb. That's not happening. Their margin of victory was the most pathetic thing I have a ever seen as a playoff team since Seattle went with hasslebeck as a 7-9 team.

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Great post buddy, summing it up in very few words.

I know typing what you type feels like saying something sacrilegious like "Lawrence Taylor was an average defender" or "Kobe Bryant was a stat compiler"........haha, but only because the big media narratives shove Wilson down our throats so much that it's so hard to be critical of him. You never see any real criticism of him like you do with other QBs......QBs that have done more in this league than him included.

Whether it's the Seattle market, his short stature (which I should support since I'm shorter than him), his fake nice persona........people eat it up and overrate everything he does 5x and minimizes his weaknesses as irrelevant.

I mean it has to be said that last season was the first full 16 game season where I didn't think Wilson held his offense back when he would throw at higher percentages. The year prior in 2018 they started the season having him throw a bit and they lost a few games early, re-adjusted to having him play with a run/pass ratio similar to or exceeding Jimmy G's 2019 season and suddenly they're winning more! So 2019, season *EIGHT* he's finally playing like a real QB for possibly a full 16 games and we're gonna act like he's been doing this forever. GTFOH.

Look, Carson Wentz had a really really good 2017 season and then he's been gone from the media's eyes. He was supposed to be the next best QB in the NFL, and I guess his biggest problem was he didn't win that SB that Foles did and he keeps getting hurt. Unlike Wilson, he never built enough EQUITY to be cemented as a top guy. So the guy is actually evaluated very objectively like everyone else.

BTW, just so you guys know, I'm starting to see the bigger picture here. Wilson has two COMPS (as the real estate people would call it)......they would be Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. Guys who win on athleticism and arm talent over true QBing (Mahomes a bit less than the other two, but still is reliant....he's a kid). The league loves this style of QB........now you got Kyler Murray, Tua.........I've never seen so many Wilson clones, it's hilarious. There will probably be 5 more Wilson clones before this new decade is through.

So naturally, we'll have to tolerate the overrating of their elder statesman a little while longer.......hopefully when the mobility runs out.

I'll be heading over to the Chiefs forum to check Mahomes. Can't stand him either......he was a missed hold on 3rd and 15 from having a Lamar Jackson super bowl performance.

Bra f**king Vo JT. perfectly stated. I'd also like to say Wilson has finally progressed as a passer but he also has 2 great wrs......so???? That helped quite a bit. One would also think Seattle would put teams away, specifically their offense, with a GREAT qb. That's not happening. Their margin of victory was the most pathetic thing I have a ever seen as a playoff team since Seattle went with hasslebeck as a 7-9 team.

You mean that same team that hammered the Saints in the playoffs with the Marshawn beastquake run? That team?

That's a homer hawk website yes I am a member but I rarely visit. Personally I prefer hawkshack. Too much neon at the net my eyes start to hurt after reading a few takes
[ Edited by JasonKraft on May 14, 2020 at 8:28 AM ]

Wilson has put up MVP type numbers only a few times in his career and it's always during the regular season. That doesn't disqualify him for getting MVP votes however as we all know he's not a good playoff quarterback, relies on his elite defense and running game and now that his defense is not as good he is putting up better numbers. however, he is also a reason why they lose, although not a huge one at this point in this career.

He's been the leader of this team that's been competitive for several years. Maybe he didn't deserve to be an MVP but to not even get a single vote in all those years. There have been RBs that got some votes and you can't tell me any RB in the last 8-10 years has been any more valuable than Wilson. Usually players will at least get votes from a writer covering the team. He must really be unpopular for him to not get even one vote.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Wilson has put up MVP type numbers only a few times in his career and it's always during the regular season. That doesn't disqualify him for getting MVP votes however as we all know he's not a good playoff quarterback, relies on his elite defense and running game and now that his defense is not as good he is putting up better numbers. however, he is also a reason why they lose, although not a huge one at this point in this career.

He's been the leader of this team that's been competitive for several years. Maybe he didn't deserve to be an MVP but to not even get a single vote in all those years. There have been RBs that got some votes and you can't tell me any RB in the last 8-10 years has been any more valuable than Wilson. Usually players will at least get votes from a writer covering the team. He must really be unpopular for him to not get even one vote.
I think Bobby Wagner got a vote one time but so did Derek Carr 😂 MVP isn't what it's all cracked up to be
[ Edited by JasonKraft on May 14, 2020 at 8:49 AM ]

I think Bobby Wagner got a vote one time but so did Derek Carr 😂 MVP isn't what it's all cracked up to be

Agreed Heisman and MVP have lost their meaning. To much emphasis on stats and not enough on importance to a team. One could argue a player who was injured last year and had their team finish 2nd worst in the NFL, and then upon that players return make said team becomes the 2nd best team in the NFL. It shows the incredible value of the player even though his play was mediocre for most the season. With that said I think Wilson was the MVP of the NFL last year he carried that talentless roster to the playoffs.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on May 14, 2020 at 9:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Agreed Heisman and MVP have lost their meaning. To much emphasis on stats and not enough on importance to a team. One could argue a player who was injured last year and had their team finish 2nd worst in the NFL, and then upon that players return make said team becomes the 2nd best team in the NFL. It shows the incredible value of the player even though his play was mediocre for most the season. With that said I think Wilson was the MVP of the NFL last year he carried that talentless roster to the playoffs.

Exactly. I think JG is a better QB in most areas than Wilson and his stats probably back that up. However, Wilson has the uncanny ability to make plays out of nothing. Not just a first down but big plays that turn games around. I think that's one of the reasons many people around the league don't rate JG highly. They see a solid QB with good stats who wins but they don't see those consistent game changing plays we see from Wilson. He reminds me of Favre in a lot of ways. He can look bad for most of the game but 2 or 3 times a game he comes up with a big play that keeps Seattle in the game.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Exactly. I think JG is a better QB in most areas than Wilson and his stats probably back that up. However, Wilson has the uncanny ability to make plays out of nothing. Not just a first down but big plays that turn games around. I think that's one of the reasons many people around the league don't rate JG highly. They see a solid QB with good stats who wins but they don't see those consistent game changing plays we see from Wilson. He reminds me of Favre in a lot of ways. He can look bad for most of the game but 2 or 3 times a game he comes up with a big play that keeps Seattle in the game.
Jimmy Garoppolo is better than Wilson in zero areas. Were you being serious?
Share 49ersWebzone