LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 94 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JasonKraft:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Agreed Heisman and MVP have lost their meaning. To much emphasis on stats and not enough on importance to a team. One could argue a player who was injured last year and had their team finish 2nd worst in the NFL, and then upon that players return make said team becomes the 2nd best team in the NFL. It shows the incredible value of the player even though his play was mediocre for most the season. With that said I think Wilson was the MVP of the NFL last year he carried that talentless roster to the playoffs.

Exactly. I think JG is a better QB in most areas than Wilson and his stats probably back that up. However, Wilson has the uncanny ability to make plays out of nothing. Not just a first down but big plays that turn games around. I think that's one of the reasons many people around the league don't rate JG highly. They see a solid QB with good stats who wins but they don't see those consistent game changing plays we see from Wilson. He reminds me of Favre in a lot of ways. He can look bad for most of the game but 2 or 3 times a game he comes up with a big play that keeps Seattle in the game.
Jimmy Garoppolo is better than Wilson in zero areas. Were you being serious?

Looks. Height. Ummm looks. Championship rings. Looks. Catch phrase. Looks. You know important stuff
Looks. Height. Ummm looks. Championship rings. Looks. Catch phrase. Looks. You know important stuff

He's more accurate. Has a quicker release. Not sure about arm strength since the Niners don't throw deep very often. Wilson is definitely better with deep ball accuracy and he runs better. Russell has a lot of games where he looks terrible for much of the game but like I said he has that ability to make big plays every game. He can go 5 for 15 then hit a big pass for a TD. JG can go 12 of 15 for more yards and have no TDs. Statistically Jimmy looks better but Seattle has the points.

He's more accurate. Has a quicker release. Not sure about arm strength since the Niners don't throw deep very often. Wilson is definitely better with deep ball accuracy and he runs better. Russell has a lot of games where he looks terrible for much of the game but like I said he has that ability to make big plays every game. He can go 5 for 15 then hit a big pass for a TD. JG can go 12 of 15 for more yards and have no TDs. Statistically Jimmy looks better but Seattle has the points.

Wilson has 2 good receivers and a bunch of bums. Jimmy has the best TE in football. A top 5 LT. And the 2nd best run game in the NFL. While I don't think Jimmy G is nearly as bad as Cohn or the national media tries to portray him as i don't think it's fair to compare Jimmy to Russel. Jimmy has shown he is a winner and that is the best statistic.
Wilson has 2 good receivers and a bunch of bums. Jimmy has the best TE in football. A top 5 LT. And the 2nd best run game in the NFL. While I don't think Jimmy G is nearly as bad as Cohn or the national media tries to portray him as i don't think it's fair to compare Jimmy to Russel. Jimmy has shown he is a winner and that is the best statistic.

Jimmy is better in completion %, yards per game. Wilson has a higher rating 101 to 99 due largely to his TD passes. I should have said Jimmy was better in some areas instead of most most areas. Believe me, I would rather have Wilson but I was trying to point out that he has similar and in some cases worse stats than JG and that could be why he gets overlooked for MVP. I can't think of many QBs that are more valuable to their team than Wilson.

He's none of those things you mentioned but I respect your opinion. He probably does have a quicker release but as far as accuracy, arm strength and throwing downfield and on the run.....advantage Wilson and it isn't even close tbh. And I like Jimmy I just don't think he's elite. I think he's good though
Jimmy is certainly above average but to put him on the same level as Wilson or Rodgers or Brady and Mahomes is a little premature
Jimmy is certainly above average but to put him on the same level as Wilson or Rodgers or Brady and Mahomes is a little premature

Must say I'm impressed with your posting variety. Diehard 9er fan, to rational NFL fan, to over the top seahawk fan to somewhat but not really rational seahawk fan. Kudos for the variety I guess.

Putting anyone in the same level as Brady is disrespectful.
He's none of those things you mentioned but I respect your opinion. He probably does have a quicker release but as far as accuracy, arm strength and throwing downfield and on the run.....advantage Wilson and it isn't even close tbh. And I like Jimmy I just don't think he's elite. I think he's good though

For the record, Jimmy's ball velocity at the combine was 56 MPH. Wilson and Mahomes were both at 55 MPH. Jimmy was more accurate both last year and for his career. Wilson is far more accurate on deep throws which I already said.

It's only fair to say that the difference in accuracy is likely because JG throws a lot of short passes and Wilson throws more deep passes so his accuracy isn't going to be as high. In the end they are both doing what the coach is asking them to do.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on May 14, 2020 at 1:28 PM ]
They tried to trade Wilson in 2018?

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
They tried to trade Wilson in 2018?

i've heard that rumor today. i don't how credible it is. probably as credible as niners signing Brady.
Originally posted by Morgan49:

Must say I'm impressed with your posting variety. Diehard 9er fan, to rational NFL fan, to over the top seahawk fan to somewhat but not really rational seahawk fan. Kudos for the variety I guess.

Originally posted by Morgan49:

[ Edited by Black24Razor on May 14, 2020 at 1:45 PM ]
Well we signed Geno Smith to a 1 year deal so that kills all the Cam Newton rumors

Putting anyone in the same level as Brady is disrespectful.

Wilson same level as Rodgers and Mahomes.
Share 49ersWebzone