Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 241 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
This guy

I can honestly see them losing to the Texas. Them beating us is going to make them think they are better than they actually are. I am not even going to call this a trap game for them. They just aren't a good football team and they weren't even that good against us. We beat ourselves with our special teams, Jimmy making boneheaded passes, and our stupid penalties.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I can honestly see them losing to the Texas. Them beating us is going to make them think they are better than they actually are. I am not even going to call this a trap game for them. They just aren't a good football team and they weren't even that good against us. We beat ourselves with our special teams, Jimmy making boneheaded passes, and our stupid penalties.

Seattle more or less proved that divisional football is probably more mental than physical.

Case in point SF beating AZ at their house last year and then losing to Seattle in the same venue (or vice versa, forget the order) with similar roster.

Aaron Donald at the end of last season WANTING to play the Seahawks as if they were some automatic scrub team win in the playoffs (and it looked that way almost when the game came). Goff with a thumb injury in Seattle? No problem.

Rams against the 49ers since 2018? Just crazy, in particular last year and this year. That 2019 rematch was the closest they came to beating the 49ers, and yet despite how poorly the team played overall in that game, they get two 3rd and 16 conversions in a row to win. You can't make this stuff up.

Seattle more than any other team I've possibly seen in my 30+ years of watching the NFL expends literally all energy needed to beat the 49ers. I believe they will play like s**t this weekend because of it.

And that's why I hate them so f**king much.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Seattle more or less proved that divisional football is probably more mental than physical.

Case in point SF beating AZ at their house last year and then losing to Seattle in the same venue (or vice versa, forget the order) with similar roster.

Aaron Donald at the end of last season WANTING to play the Seahawks as if they were some automatic scrub team win in the playoffs (and it looked that way almost when the game came). Goff with a thumb injury in Seattle? No problem.

Rams against the 49ers since 2018? Just crazy, in particular last year and this year. That 2019 rematch was the closest they came to beating the 49ers, and yet despite how poorly the team played overall in that game, they get two 3rd and 16 conversions in a row to win. You can't make this stuff up.

Seattle more than any other team I've possibly seen in my 30+ years of watching the NFL expends literally all energy needed to beat the 49ers. I believe they will play like s**t this weekend because of it.

And that's why I hate them so f**king much.

Already down 7-0 to rookie Davis Mills.
Just like that, the 49ers gave the Seahawks life instead of putting them out of their misery.

f**k.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Just like that, the 49ers gave the Seahawks life instead of putting them out of their misery.

f**k.

Good. Keep winning. Get blown out in the first round again, and again, and again...
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

f**k.

It's a long season. They were never going to lose the rest of their games. They will lose to the Rams next.
Originally posted by FL9er:

f**k.

It's a long season. They were never going to lose the rest of their games. They will lose to the Rams next.

At least we won as well otherwise they'd only be 1 game behind us for the NFC West doormat.

f**k.

If they end up beating Houston, Detroit and Chicago it wasn't because we gave them life, it's those teams just are terrible.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
What are their playoff scenarios? I really want to play them a 3rd time and send them packing. This loss will haunt me for the rest of the year if we don't get our revenge.

You honestly know you won't get the sense of satisfaction you truly want, unless your Niners beat the Hawks in another NFCCG in route to a Superbowl and win said superbowl or at least in some playoff game in route to a SB win. I know this because my Hawks could beat the Patriots in another 10 regular season match ups but its not going to matter unless its a SB. This is a crazy sport we watch as fans. Can talk all this stuff about who did better in the season, but the reality is it's SB or bust every year. or at least a trajectory towards said SB if coming from the bottom.

Meh, not true. As soon as dirty a** pete and willow are gone it will start to die out. I know very well because I remember losing to the Giants, Cowboys, and Packers in the late 80s and through the 90s. Then most all of us remember losing to the Giants en route to their super bowl 10 years ago. Once the faces on the team change, it begins to dissipate. Don't get me wrong, it will still be a division rivalry, but beating the Cawks with a new cast and crew will be just another game.

Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
What are their playoff scenarios? I really want to play them a 3rd time and send them packing. This loss will haunt me for the rest of the year if we don't get our revenge.

You honestly know you won't get the sense of satisfaction you truly want, unless your Niners beat the Hawks in another NFCCG in route to a Superbowl and win said superbowl or at least in some playoff game in route to a SB win. I know this because my Hawks could beat the Patriots in another 10 regular season match ups but its not going to matter unless its a SB. This is a crazy sport we watch as fans. Can talk all this stuff about who did better in the season, but the reality is it's SB or bust every year. or at least a trajectory towards said SB if coming from the bottom.

Meh, not true. As soon as dirty a** pete and willow are gone it will start to die out. I know very well because I remember losing to the Giants, Cowboys, and Packers in the late 80s and through the 90s. Then most all of us remember losing to the Giants en route to their super bowl 10 years ago. Once the faces on the team change, it begins to dissipate. Don't get me wrong, it will still be a division rivalry, but beating the Cawks with a new cast and crew will be just another game.

Tend to agree, and it's really Pete who has ramped this up with his antics and push-the-edge style. I'll fully acknowledge he has a heckuva football mind and has been a great coach, and I used to really like him, including his time with SF on the defense. However, I lost just about all respect for the man with what happened at USC and his Pontius Pilate rendition, including the way he bolted - that showed me his true character. JMHO.
Originally posted by Morgan49:

f**k.

Good. Keep winning. Get blown out in the first round again, and again, and again...

I want a 3rd go at these clowns, on our way to the SB 😈
Has someone sawed off the city Bugs Bunny style and let it sink into the Pacific? No? Then who cares
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 16, 2021 at 5:13 PM ]
they're just f**king up their own draft position, those dumbasses
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
they're just f**king up their own draft position, those dumbasses

They did that years ago when they traded for Jamal Adams
Share 49ersWebzone