Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 214 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm wishing for the tables to turn, it would be nice to sweep these seacucks every season for the next 10 years or more
Matt Flyn is turning me into a fan.

Reliving a magical night from almost two years ago to the day. Yes, f**k you Peter Carroll, f**k you.

[ Edited by 49erminion on Dec 30, 2021 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by zaghawk:
As a niner fan who would you rather see stay for the hawks if they only got rid of Pete OR RW?

Definitely Wilson.

I hate Carroll, but more because he's a Seahawk coach that's arrogant specifically with US.

But Wilson I want annihilated.........I hate losing to him of all people, because people actually think we lose to the Seahawks BECAUSE OF HIM.

Well guess what, when we had a garbage no name team, we beat them with Nick Mullens. So is Mullens 1-0 against Seattle because he's better than Wilson?

Wilson is a good QB, but the 49ers losing to the Seahawks inevitably always comes down to our inability to smash through their offense to score enough points to make him ineffective. Then in a tight game, he tends to win only because that's what he tends to do in one score games.

Best case scenario, Pete remains along with Wilson. I don't want them going anywhere.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I hope you're joking? But then again Russell Wilson defenders never stop. He's doing horrible. His finger has nothing to do with him taking unnecessary sacks or the above obvious limitations he's had with all the help around him. Wow

Maybe look at his numbers before & after the finger injury? He didn't just magically become inaccurate.

I did maybe you need to look at reality. Does his injury to his finger affect him:
taking sacks?
Holding the ball too long?
Making the wrong reads?
Does the finger injury affect his eyes where he does not see WIDE open players?

That's what I thought.
Maybe answer the following questions before making excuses like that. You know some people on this message board stick up for Russell Wilson no matter what. It's pretty hilarious

These are good points.

Wilson played with a high ankle sprain in 2016 (that Jimmy couldn't play through last year) and still was better than what he showed this year.

Who needs a great finger when your signature throw is putting air under the ball as opposed to being a surgeon 5-20 yards downfield like Brees?

Who needs a great finger when you still have well above average mobility, and can buy enough time to throw to a wide open Lockett in a scramble drill?

Yeah the injury is real but let's not pretend Wilson is a late season stud this season without the injury.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
As a niner fan who would you rather see stay for the hawks if they only got rid of Pete OR RW?

Definitely Wilson.

I hate Carroll, but more because he's a Seahawk coach that's arrogant specifically with US.

But Wilson I want annihilated.........I hate losing to him of all people, because people actually think we lose to the Seahawks BECAUSE OF HIM.

Well guess what, when we had a garbage no name team, we beat them with Nick Mullens. So is Mullens 1-0 against Seattle because he's better than Wilson?

Wilson is a good QB, but the 49ers losing to the Seahawks inevitably always comes down to our inability to smash through their offense to score enough points to make him ineffective. Then in a tight game, he tends to win only because that's what he tends to do in one score games.

Best case scenario, Pete remains along with Wilson. I don't want them going anywhere.

This. I want to beat them for a few years. Disgusting we couldn't sweep them this year.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
These are good points.

Wilson played with a high ankle sprain in 2016 (that Jimmy couldn't play through last year) and still was better than what he showed this year.

Who needs a great finger when your signature throw is putting air under the ball as opposed to being a surgeon 5-20 yards downfield like Brees?

Who needs a great finger when you still have well above average mobility, and can buy enough time to throw to a wide open Lockett in a scramble drill?

Yeah the injury is real but let's not pretend Wilson is a late season stud this season without the injury.

Exactly JT
I hope you're joking? But then again Russell Wilson defenders never stop. He's doing horrible. His finger has nothing to do with him taking unnecessary sacks or the above obvious limitations he's had with all the help around him. Wow

Maybe look at his numbers before & after the finger injury? He didn't just magically become inaccurate.

I did maybe you need to look at reality. Does his injury to his finger affect him:
taking sacks?
Making the wrong reads?

That's what I thought.
Maybe answer the following questions before making excuses like that. You know some people on this message board stick up for Russell Wilson no matter what. It's pretty hilarious

Yes to all of that and how the hell could you even ask the question?

Taking sacks? Yes, if he is unable to deliver the ball to the spot he could, but feels he can't make the throw because of the finger then yes he'll hold the ball too long and take a sack, Duh.
Hold the ball too long? See above, plus he's ALWAYS, his entire career, held the ball too long.
Making the wrong reads? So Wilson after several season showing that he is adept at reading a defense magically this year decided he wasn't going to? I mean QB's make mistakes, but how the hell can you even prove this? Completely subjective.

Listen I hate Willow Wilson as much as the next guy, dudes broken our backs more often than not and it isn't even close, but to sit here and poopoo his abilities is the exercise of a moron. The stats kind of prove the tale of the tape. Prior to injury, stud. After injury struggled. Seems like it's probably the injury.
Originally posted by WINiner:

taking sacks?
Making the wrong reads?

That's what I thought.

Taking sacks? Yes, if he is unable to deliver the ball to the spot he could, but feels he can't make the throw because of the finger then yes he'll hold the ball too long and take a sack, Duh.
Hold the ball too long? See above, plus he's ALWAYS, his entire career, held the ball too long.
Making the wrong reads? So Wilson after several season showing that he is adept at reading a defense magically this year decided he wasn't going to? I mean QB's make mistakes, but how the hell can you even prove this? Completely subjective.

Listen I hate Willow Wilson as much as the next guy, dudes broken our backs more often than not and it isn't even close, but to sit here and poopoo his abilities is the exercise of a moron. The stats kind of prove the tale of the tape. Prior to injury, stud. After injury struggled. Seems like it's probably the injury.

Actually to defend him is an exercise in stubbornness as well as shows some bias. Nobody is saying his injury isn't affecting some of his throws however he is able to still make pinpoint throws as we have seen. He wasn't as great last year as he's been in the past and this year he's even worse. Prior to the injury he was not even playing like a "stud" not even close. To not find open receivers with his eyes has nothing to do with his thumb or his ability to throw. Some of these open people were a few yards down field so again, making that argument is not only shortsighted but wrong.

Everyone sees this, the announcers, the fans, the Seahawks fans which is especially telling, Seattle's coach in openly wanting to get the ball more to Metcalf and the expense of throwing RW under the bus. It's funny how people can be in such denial. It's OK to admit that he's not as good of a quarterback as he was two years ago. Again, it's OK. He's still in the top 10 and I would take him as a starter on the niners
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 31, 2021 at 5:02 PM ]
Rub weenies together, bruh (y'all and willow)

I'm glad I started Wilson in the championship fantasy football finals. He won me a couple thousand. Thank you my little man you made some good throws, I'm so glad Metcalf is a stud and Detroit is helpless
2 wins against 9ers, now celebrating a 50 burger on a 3 win team with 3rd string qb.

Pathetic!
Originally posted by WINiner:

taking sacks?
Making the wrong reads?

That's what I thought.

Just some food for thought and yet more evidence that supports what I said and has nothing to do with his thumb injury.

Wilson, who may have played his final home game for the Seahawks in Week 17, has fallen off in nearly every statistical category over the past couple seasons. Wilson, 33, has averaged 7.3 yards per attempt in his past 25 starts, down from 8.3 in the 25 starts before that, according to The Athletic's Mike Sando. Wilson's passer rating has dropped from 110.6 to 97.4, and his rate of pass attempts gaining more than 15 yards is down. His expected points added (EPA) per drop back has fallen dramatically along the way.

His thumb injury may have affected him this year but he is still in decline and imo he would be better if he ran a little more instead of holding the ball for 20 seconds and taking unnecessary sacks. It cost them last game vs the bears bc of the sack and following missed fg. Anyways, I think he goes to a team like the NYG
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
2 wins against 9ers, now celebrating a 50 burger on a 3 win team with 3rd string qb.

Pathetic!

What do you expect?, they're a s**t fanbase/franchise with no history except getting a kiss from a fat chick one time
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jan 3, 2022 at 4:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Seattle49er:

Pathetic!

What is pathetic is that the Niners lost to them twice this season
Share 49ersWebzone