Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 228 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
I see Geno got a DUI. One of my biggest draft crushes as I thought he would be perfect behind Kaep to push him to get better. Still think that would've helped him to this day actually.

DUI going 100 mph at 2am. Learned nothing from the Ruggs situation
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I want another crack and these fools

That would require my hawks to actually be in the playoffs...oh and Pete wasn't fired this morning. So I guess I have until April/May to find out what's the verdict on RW and whether or not its the same story (beat chumps, beat the Niners and lose to every team that has a surgical QB and/or good run defense) for the next 2-3 years.

I hope you keep him. The 49ers need Jimmy to be the best available veteran QB lol. And I need us to pin some more losses on Wilson.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I want another crack and these fools

That would require my hawks to actually be in the playoffs...oh and Pete wasn't fired this morning. So I guess I have until April/May to find out what's the verdict on RW and whether or not its the same story (beat chumps, beat the Niners and lose to every team that has a surgical QB and/or good run defense) for the next 2-3 years.

I hope you keep him. The 49ers need Jimmy to be the best available veteran QB lol. And I need us to pin some more losses on Wilson.

Yup, one less QB competing for Jimmy's draft capital!
Originally posted by Jcool:

Final pawn with Pete on the hot seat 1-2 seasons too late. I'll call it now. RW gets traded, Pete loads up on defense. Defense naturally looks better, but Pete gets another excused season of bad offense because this time he has the excuse of a rookie/new QB.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Final pawn with Pete on the hot seat 1-2 seasons too late. I'll call it now. RW gets traded, Pete loads up on defense. Defense naturally looks better, but Pete gets another excused season of bad offense because this time he has the excuse of a rookie/new QB.
Everyone indicating it is a bad year and maybe even 2 years to draft a good/great QB. Plus their backup got popped for DUI going 100 plus MPH. Hoping for a bumpy ride for Seattle and maybe we can actually beat them next year with Pete at the helm.
Had family over for the Niners/Cowboys game, and naturally the conversation shifted to Niners/Packers once the game was over.

I have nephews who just now saw their first chapter of 49ers/cowboys in the playoffs. With the great job done by CBS and all of the networks to hype up the matchup.. they now understand how big of a deal it is.

As a fan who watched many, many big games vs the Cowboys, Packers, and giants, I always scoffed at the notion that seattle was somehow on par with those teams in terms of rivalries.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

As a fan who watched many, many big games vs the Cowboys, Packers, and giants, I always scoffed at the notion that seattle was somehow on par with those teams in terms of rivalries.

For as many bandwagon 2012 Seahawk fans as there are/were. There were/are just many for the Niners during the CK years as well. Different generations of fans are built on bandwagons and yeah the Seattle-SF rivalry during that time was pretty epic, I'm pretty sure for any Niner fan under the age of 33 (maybe 35 or so) that's going to be their bigger rivalry. I just can't really imagine any kid under the age of 14 being such a fanatic that they developed a real rivalry against another team/fanbase unless their parents made it a point to drill it into them. And even that being said I have a 9 year old myself and I don't instill that kind of parenting on my kids. I'll let them develop their own rivalries, but root for our home team of course.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jan 18, 2022 at 2:28 PM ]
Hopefully this is the end of the Wilson era.
Ken Norton is a coward

For as many bandwagon 2012 Seahawk fans as there are/were. There were/are just many for the Niners during the CK years as well. Different generations of fans are built on bandwagons and yeah the Seattle-SF rivalry during that time was pretty epic, I'm pretty sure for any Niner fan under the age of 33 (maybe 35 or so) that's going to be their bigger rivalry. I just can't really imagine any kid under the age of 14 being such a fanatic that they developed a real rivalry against another team/fanbase unless their parents made it a point to drill it into them. And even that being said I have a 9 year old myself and I don't instill that kind of parenting on my kids. I'll let them develop their own rivalries, but root for our home team of course.

Yes, every team draws following from bandwagon fans. The question for me is, do they stay with the team when things get a little disappointing or do they bail. No respect for the ones that bail.

I hear ya but part of 49er fanhood is understanding and appreciating our rich history. Other fan bases chastise 49er fans for "living in the past". I know for me as I grew up through the transition from Montana to Young, 49ers history was always an inherent sort of presence.

There were bandwagon fans who showed up, but they don't constitute the majority of the fan base. There is not a chance you can honestly compare the bandwagon following of a team that had absolutely zero history whose ascent coincided with the peak of social media in sports… to a team with so much history as the 49ers.

Let me ask you this, who did you consider to be your top rival before 2012/13?

I hear ya but part of 49er fanhood is understanding and appreciating our rich history. Other fan bases chastise 49er fans for "living in the past". I know for me as I grew up through the transition from Montana to Young, 49ers history was always an inherent sort of presence.

There were bandwagon fans who showed up, but they don't constitute the majority of the fan base. There is not a chance you can honestly compare the bandwagon following of a team that had absolutely zero history whose ascent coincided with the peak of social media in sports… to a team with so much history as the 49ers.

Let me ask you this, who did you consider to be your top rival before 2012/13?

Steelers even though the Hawks are not even remotely a rival to them.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This. Please trade him
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This. Please trade him

If they trade RW and manage to find a decent enough QB and use the remaining salary to get better pieces on defense. I could see the team not fairing as well against the Niners, BUT doing better overall getting back in the playoffs and perhaps getting deeper. It really feels like having a top 3 paid QB is NOT the way to go if you want real success in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone