Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 263 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I love everything about Washington. Wonderful place but of course I dislike the Seahawks

Yeah I live in Seattle, and it's nothing like what the two posters above described. I've been to a number of Seahawks games, including the last two times SF came here and won, and I've never experienced any problems.
I'm not even a WA native,lived here post college, then moved back home for a little back and then moved back cus I liked it here. If I had any complaints it could be the rain, but I accept it as the con of living here. There are some places that are better, but I can't afford to live in those places and have the life I want to live. Like sure who wouldn't want to live in the Bay Area vs Seattle? but I'd probably need to make 3x my salary. Although as someone who enjoys firearms, CA is not very friendly when it comes to that stuff. WA at least at this moment is conservative enough that I can mostly enjoy my firearms, yet liberal enough as a minority I feel pretty at home around here (at least King County).

As for negative stadium experience. No one should have a bad experience in a stadium. That being said I also highly believe certain personalities find themselves in more bad situations than others. I'm someone who is into martial arts and i like firearms, i maintain my composure at bars, can understand when i'm just "being given s**t" as a joke, avoid situations and people and have a good time. Meanwhile I have certain friends and family I've seen have chips on their shoulders and seem to just get into situations all the time.

I'm someone who doesn't get plastered at games, when I visit an opposing stadium I expect some light heckling and I respond in non confrontational ways. While at games (especially at opposing stadiums), same deal if my team is winning or kicking the crap out of the other team or even losing, I celebrate or exit in a way that isn't trying to rub it in anyone's face. I generally have a good experience. Meanwhile I've seen different opposing fans that well kind of ask for more confrontations. The ones who leave a game flipping the bird walking down the stairs, the ones that when some light heckling comes their way (i.e. you walk into a Seahawk crowd with a Niner jersey and the boos come, rather than just waving and smiling, opt to scream '5 rings ya b***hes!'. It's not surprising that same person gets plastered and so does the people around them and things get heated in that direct area by mid game. Meanwhile the family just waving and smiling and screams "go niners" in response to the boos, nothing bad happens and if anything just light joshing between them and the people next to them throughout the game.
Been to Seattle plenty. Not a bad place, although the bottom of the barrel is a bit lower than other PNW cities, mostly due to population, but it's typical PNW fare.

Not a big fan of the smell of warm, moist urine downtown when the sun hits, though.

One time we were heading to our dinner location, and we literally followed a trail of crushed beer cans across several blocks and it led to a bum passed out in an alley with the rest of the half rack. That has nothing to do with the city in general, it was just a funny happenstance.
The homeless situation in Seattle (and to my understanding several other major cities on the west coast) has really gotten sad and ugly these last few years. There was a spot in China Town I always park at to go to games and midway through the season a tent city moved from outside the gates to within the gates of the parking lot. I tried not to judge or think much of it and sure enough when I walked back to my car both driver side windows were broken into. So I got enjoy a home loss along with driving on the highway back in a car with broken windows and spend the rest of the night cleaning the broken glass out of my kid's car seat and disinfecting it.

I know the biggest criticism I've received regarding PNW people mainly from my friends and family from the East Coast is the "fake"/ "Seattle Freeze" thing where people will be nice to you but have no real interest in being your friend. Or I guess the best way it was described was like...if you're trying to cut into traffic, they'll wave you in, but then flick you off when you get in the lane in front of you. Meanwhile like someone on the East Coast won't let you in at all and you have to fight your way in, or perhaps people in public aren't nice to you at all, but if they are they truly do want to be your friend.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
The homeless situation in Seattle (and to my understanding several other major cities on the west coast) has really gotten sad and ugly these last few years. There was a spot in China Town I always park at to go to games and midway through the season a tent city moved from outside the gates to within the gates of the parking lot. I tried not to judge or think much of it and sure enough when I walked back to my car both driver side windows were broken into. So I got enjoy a home loss along with driving on the highway back in a car with broken windows and spend the rest of the night cleaning the broken glass out of my kid's car seat and disinfecting it.

I know the biggest criticism I've received regarding PNW people mainly from my friends and family from the East Coast is the "fake"/ "Seattle Freeze" thing where people will be nice to you but have no real interest in being your friend. Or I guess the best way it was described was like...if you're trying to cut into traffic, they'll wave you in, but then flick you off when you get in the lane in front of you. Meanwhile like someone on the East Coast won't let you in at all and you have to fight your way in, or perhaps people in public aren't nice to you at all, but if they are they truly do want to be your friend.

I lived in Seattle for 4 years and just moved away. My biggest issues with the place are the gloomy weather for 8 months a year and it is just a horrible place to live for a single guy. I was able to have a decent social life but the place was a desert when it came to meeting women who weren't cold and stuck up. That was just my experience though.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

I lived in Seattle for 4 years and just moved away. My biggest issues with the place are the gloomy weather for 8 months a year and it is just a horrible place to live for a single guy. I was able to have a decent social life but the place was a desert when it came to meeting women who weren't cold and stuck up. That was just my experience though.

I don't even know how to compare the dating scene, I've thankfully been out of it for a while. All I know is if I had to go back to the dating world I think I'd just give up. The days of social media and tinder etc. I feel like just makes everyone super picky on top of this requirement of creating this super fake social media front of who you are and then you have dating that just starts with complete lies because normal is boring in a dating profile.

I don't even know how to compare the dating scene, I've thankfully been out of it for a while. All I know is if I had to go back to the dating world I think I'd just give up. The days of social media and tinder etc. I feel like just makes everyone super picky on top of this requirement of creating this super fake social media front of who you are and then you have dating that just starts with complete lies because normal is boring in a dating profile.

You definitely are not wrong there, I've had girls call me weird because I have no social media presence. It's pretty depressing honestly.

You definitely are not wrong there, I've had girls call me weird because I have no social media presence. It's pretty depressing honestly.

Girls will call you weird for anything tbh, just gotta brush off their b******t mind games and play along
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Feb 1, 2022 at 8:22 PM ]
I've been to plenty other stadiums when the Niners were on the road, and never had any problems with any other fanbase , Atlanta Falcons fans when they played in the Georgia Dome were the chillest and most welcoming. I was about 14-15 years old when the Niners played there in 06, grown ass men harassing a teenager,calling my gf a whore and attempting to spit on me, only reason I didn't end up fighting a man probably in their 30s at the time was because a cop saw and cuffed him. There were plenty of other scumbag hawk fans that night along with another idiot shouting at me for 3 quarters from the seats. I also remember the stadium REEKING of alcohol, Vernon Davis had a TD celebration the night where he put one leg up on the pylon and flapped his arms like a bird, I believe he was asked about it after the game, he called the celebration the "Drunken Seahawk" because the players could smell the booze from the field. i haven't noticed it lately, but I remember during the early "L.O.B" years watching their games and hearing their fans booing and chanting "SEA-HAWKS" after an opposing player got injured, need I say more? And don't get me started on the Navarro Bowman injury.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Feb 2, 2022 at 12:17 PM ]
My hatred for Seahawks fans started at Candlestick in 2001 when a one of their pasty white fans asked me a simple question.

Seahawks fan, "What are those pastries they're selling?"

"Pastries?" I said.

Seahawks fan, " Yes those ones right there.

The MF was pointing at a vendor selling churros.

I got so irrationally angry but who TF doesn't know what a churro is?!

Hated them ever since.
That's a true story.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
My hatred for Seahawks fans started at Candlestick in 2001 when a one of their pasty white fans asked me a simple question.

"Pastries?" I said.

Hated them ever since.
That's a true story.

Lmao
Originally posted by Waterbear:

"Pastries?" I said.

Hated them ever since.
That's a true story.

As silly and funny as that story is, I mean...unless you grew up in a place with Mexicans and/or Spanish people. Churros aren't exactly the most common place food. I didn't grow in stateside myself and the only reason I knew what a Churro was as a kid was my parents were well off enough to fly us to Disneyland once in a while but if that wasn't the case I probably wouldn't know what a Churro was until I was 20 or something going to Disneyland for the first time as an adult on my own dime.

I'm pretty sure the vast amount of middle america aren't too familiar with Mexican food outside of Taco Bell and hell someone from Asia would probably assume a Churro is a weird dessert version of Youtiao. Oh wait you don't know what youtiao is? how dare you at least 1B people on this planet know what that is...
Richard has Seahawk fans nailed perfectly
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Richard has Seahawk fans nailed perfectly

I definitely fall in the category of what he's criticizing. I saw the talent on the field and I want them to do more than win a playoff game and take an exit. Although I'm not someone who thinks RW needs to "cook" for wins, and I also don't think Pete ball is the way to win either. I think the run game and balance is important, but it extends beyond that, creativity is required. It seemed like the Seahawks could only do 2 things, hero ball with RW throwing bombs, or run up the middle which would be successful with a Beast Mode or healthy Carson and RW when he's hitting those bombs. But I wanted balance and creativity, I mean look at the Niners way they run the ball, it is mainly running, but it doesnt have to be straight up the gut on first down every series. There are passes made in the middle time to time (that would've been more effective with a better QB).

That being said, given Shermans recent off field issues, I don't think he's in a place to be judging anyone right now, if the dude killed an innocent driver or pedestrian while he was out driving under the influence he would be in jail and every fan would turn their back on him at this point vs talking about his mental health.

I always figured he was a very smart individual despite his antics and interviews as he built his successful brand. But crapping on his fanbase the one that I would say is larger than his Niner fanbase, that will help be a major financial driver for his post NFL career (autographs, advertising etc). Doesn't really seem like a great move IMO. If this criticism of Seahawk fans gets more widespread (which it will), his paid autograph signings may suddenly become a lot less popular, may not have Beacon plumbing or whatever ready to put him in advertisements either. I don't think Nike really cares much about players that don't play anymore unless you're someone like MJ. The Beast Mode apparel brand still does quite well as fans still love Marshawn, I don't know how many people will be clamoring for RS gear given he left to the niners and now he's lashing out at Seahawk fans. As for Niner fans, it didn't seem like he was loved by Niner fans either, he certainly didn't help bring a championship and he seemed to be blamed as a major factor for the SB loss as well.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Feb 3, 2022 at 10:31 AM ]
Seahawks DC's under Pete Carroll:

Share 49ersWebzone