Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 234 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Deebo:
Laughing at us again

What exactly do they have to laugh at? They are 1-3 in the playoffs over the last four years.

Yeah, I think Deebo is smoking some good crack

Yeah I don't think any Seahawk fan thinks they had it better than the Niners this year (or even the upcoming future right now). That being said I was surprised to see the fanbase kind of split in how they were rooting for the NFCCG. I thought for sure the majority would be rooting for the Rams over the Niners, but actually it was pretty split among my different peers. A bunch who wanted the Niners to lose because of obviously how strong the rivalry was in 2011-2015 (i'm in this camp), but then a bunch of who wanted the Rams to lose just because the Rams have pretty much had the Seahawks number even when Fischer was there.
Wilson still annoying as f**k. Typical teacher's pet.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I much rather have the rams win the Superbowl than the Seahawks. f**k that

I guess we have similar thoughts that I'd much rather have the Rams win over the Niners as well :). I wonder if the Niners would have beat the Bengals? It may have been a bad match up for the Niners anyway given the Bengals strength was their run defense and Burrow making throws while the Niners weakness (compared to its team strengths) would be the DBs.

I don't see why not. The Niners did go to Cincinnati and beat those bengals. Niners dominated that game overall and should have ended the game regulation but Gould missed a FG he usually makes. IMO, the NFCC was the SB once again.

It's funny (or sad however you want to look at it) that if you want to win a SB just beat the Niners in the playoffs.

Giants 2011
Ravens 2012
Seahawks 2013 (officiating in NFCC )
Chiefs 2019
Rams 2021

Five missed SB's. As long as we keep competing for them, eventually we should break through for one.....right?.....Right?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Deebo:
Laughing at us again

What exactly do they have to laugh at? They are 1-3 in the playoffs over the last four years.

Yeah, I think Deebo is smoking some good crack

Yeah I don't think any Seahawk fan thinks they had it better than the Niners this year (or even the upcoming future right now). That being said I was surprised to see the fanbase kind of split in how they were rooting for the NFCCG. I thought for sure the majority would be rooting for the Rams over the Niners, but actually it was pretty split among my different peers. A bunch who wanted the Niners to lose because of obviously how strong the rivalry was in 2011-2015 (i'm in this camp), but then a bunch of who wanted the Rams to lose just because the Rams have pretty much had the Seahawks number even when Fischer was there.

I mean it makes sense. Even though Seahawk fans try to claim old SBs don't matter, deep down they know it really does. That's why they would rather the Rams win a SB, a team that has been owning them for a decade, over the Niners.

Seahawk fans have focused their attention on the Niners, all while the Rams have been kicking their ass left and right, and near the top of the NFC for a 5 years. They can claim it's from the Harb days all they want, evem though we're three coaching staffs removed, but we all know it's because of our 5 SBs and winning history
Originally posted by Joecool:
Wilson still annoying as f**k. Typical teacher's pet.

And that's why the LOB didn't like him and broke he team apart.

Listen to what Sherman had to say recently on his podcast regarding the Seahawks.

i hope RW stays. The longer he stays, the longer it will take for their true rebuild to get started. Until then, he'll be using up a majority of the cap with no hopes of truly making a SB run. I'll gladly take some losses if it means we have an overall waay better season than them.

If you would have asked me before he season if I would take two losses to the Hawks and it meant them not making he postseason and us going to the NFCC game I would have taken it lol I'm sure Rams fans would say the same.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Feb 17, 2022 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

i hope RW stays. The longer he stays, the longer it will take for their true rebuild to get started. Until then, he'll be using up a majority of the cap with no hopes of truly making a SB run. I'll gladly take some losses if it means we have an overall waay better season than them.

If you would have asked me before he season if I would take two losses to the Hawks and it meant them not making he postseason and us going to the NFCC game I would have taken it lol I'm sure Rams fans would say the same.

I'm all for Schneider trying their rebuild. Not a more overrated personnel man in the NFL.

Haven't drafted an impact defensive player in a decade.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I'm all for Schneider trying their rebuild. Not a more overrated personnel man in the NFL.

If they go into full rebuild, they would need to fire Schneider. That would be stupid to keep him for a rebuild after the crap trades and drafts.

But if they keep RW, they will think that they're still in it. Therefore, wasting more years swinging and missing trying to find those players to put them over the top.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

If they go into full rebuild, they would need to fire Schneider. That would be stupid to keep him for a rebuild after the crap trades and drafts.

But if they keep RW, they will think that they're still in it. Therefore, wasting more years swinging and missing trying to find those players to put them over the top.

This is where money complicates things. I mean it's already proven once you pay a QB your true contendership dies. However, that franchise QB is going to be a face, make it seem like your team is a contender, they fill the seats, sell jerseys, get all the media attention, etc. etc. But that franchise QB always shows its ugly face in the end regarding salary cap, O-Line, D-Line, Lack of Depth. I mean how many SBs have been won by RW, Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, etc. Once they got paid top QB money.

Rodgers should be proof your QB isn't all you need and even then he plays way more to his contract than RW does. Mahomes' contract kicks into gear next season so it's done after that for KC.
This is where money complicates things. I mean it's already proven once you pay a QB your true contendership dies. However, that franchise QB is going to be a face, make it seem like your team is a contender, they fill the seats, sell jerseys, get all the media attention, etc. etc. But that franchise QB always shows its ugly face in the end regarding salary cap, O-Line, D-Line, Lack of Depth. I mean how many SBs have been won by RW, Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, etc. Once they got paid top QB money.

Rodgers should be proof your QB isn't all you need and even then he plays way more to his contract than RW does. Mahomes' contract kicks into gear next season so it's done after that for KC.
I agree, that it gets tougher once the QB takes up the majority of the cap. But I disagree that your "true conterdership dies" . It only dies when your GM waste top draft picks, overpays the wrong FA's, and give up premium draft picks for overrated players. OR if your QB isn't good enough to carry the extra burden in regular season or playoffs to compensate for a less than stellar team.

For example, you mention Rodgers cap hurting killing his conterdership. That's simply not true. They have built several SB contenders. They have been favorites numerous years and have played in numerous NFCC. Their problem is being able to perform once they get to those important games. They could have easily been in a couple more SBs if not for a few unfortunate plays. And all you need a chance. Who knows they might have a few more SBs if they didn't meet Brady or Niners (Rodgers kryptonite) in the playoffs.

Brees as well. They have been SB contenders for several years after Brees getting paid. They were able to draft good players and acquire good FA. If not for a bad call against the Rams, hey might have won a SB.

i see the same same happening with the Chiefs and Mahomes. They seem to be pretty good at drafting players so I don't see them having much issue going forward regarding replacing any losses in FA. Also, I see vet players taking paycuts to have a chance at a SB with Mahomes.

My point is that your GM, Coach have to hit more regularly in the draft and FA, once your QB gets paid, in order to stay in In true contendership. The Seahawks have done neither of that well enough to compensate for RW huge cap hit. Their contendership died with the LOB and Lynch. Which have been years now. Packers, Saints, Steelers, Colts etc were able to navigate through that by building through the draft and getting the right FA acquisitions.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Feb 18, 2022 at 8:55 PM ]

I agree, that it gets tougher once the QB takes up the majority of the cap. But I disagree that your "true conterdership dies" . It only dies when your GM waste top draft picks, overpays the wrong FA's, and give up premium draft picks for overrated players. OR if your QB isn't good enough to carry the extra burden in regular season or playoffs to compensate for a less than stellar team.

For example, you mention Rodgers cap hurting killing his conterdership. That's simply not true. They have built several SB contenders. They have been favorites numerous years and have played in numerous NFCC. Their problem is being able to perform once they get to those important games. They could have easily been in a couple more SBs if not for a few unfortunate plays. And all you need a chance. Who knows they might have a few more SBs if they didn't meet Brady or Niners (Rodgers kryptonite) in the playoffs.

Brees as well. They have been SB contenders for several years after Brees getting paid. They were able to draft good players and acquire good FA. If not for a bad call against the Rams, hey might have won a SB.

i see the same same happening with the Chiefs and Mahomes. They seem to be pretty good at drafting players so I don't see them having much issue going forward regarding replacing any losses in FA. Also, I see vet players taking paycuts to have a chance at a SB with Mahomes.

My point is that your GM, Coach have to hit more regularly in the draft and FA, once your QB gets paid, in order to stay in In true contendership. The Seahawks have done neither of that well enough to compensate for RW huge cap hit. Their contendership died with the LOB and Lynch. Which have been years now. Packers, Saints, Steelers, Colts etc were able to navigate through that by building through the draft and getting the right FA acquisitions.

Exactly. Perfectly said. However like Zag said, that's easier said than done with some teams bc of their GMs and drafting etc.
Exactly. Perfectly said. However like Zag said, that's easier said than done with some teams bc of their GMs and drafting etc.

It's not easy. You must have the right guys calling the shots to be true annual contenders.
Schneider is baalke with a superbowl ring. I don't remember the last time they drafted a true stud, maybe DK, since the LOB days. I'd love for him to be the head of their rebuild
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Talk of Philly trading for him. I doubt Seattle does it.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Talk of Philly trading for him. I doubt Seattle does it.

I don't think Wilson's going anywhere.
Carroll knows it would be all over for him.
He more or less said it himself.
Share 49ersWebzone