There are 222 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm afraid the Seahawks did pretty well with this trade. Wilson is in decline and they got an unbelievable haul of draft capital. But in the immediate term they should not be competitive without Wilson under center. If Trey Lance hits, and I'm on the fence there, the Niners will own the West for a decade because the Rams will implode, Kyler Murray won't hold up to NFL physicality, and the Seahawks will struggle without Wilson.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
They got a good return, but damn don't trade your franchise HOF caliber QB when you don't have to.

I would say below average return.

A good comparison imo would be the Stafford deal. Stafford was 33. Russ is 33, right? Lions got 2 ones, a three, and Goff. Broncos got more imo, right? 2 ones is a wash. 2 2's is way better than a three. Three players including a QB is way better than Goff.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Mar 8, 2022 at 1:20 PM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
It's a lot of picks, but don't forget they gave up 2 1'sts and a third for Jamal Adams. They only had 3 total draft picks last year. So they basically traded Wilson for Adams plus a little bit more.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
They got a good return, but damn don't trade your franchise HOF caliber QB when you don't have to.

I would say below average return.

It's what they do with the return that's the issue. The 71 year old head coach and his GM won the power struggle and now they need to deliver. The Seahawks haven't drafted a Pro Bowl starting offensive or defensive player since 2012, except for Tyler Lockett who made it as a special teamer in 2015. That's facts. They traded their 9x Pro Bowl franchise QB for a bunch of picks, a backup QB, a decent TE and a good DT. WIll be interesting to see how this all works itself out.
I think people need to also consider that Denvers next year's first round pick that goes to Seattle will most likely be in the 20s or close to it. Not great value at all. Good luck

I thought Seattle would have saved more cap. But still, have a massive cap hit this season.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Sort of a mixed blessing I guess. I mean that guy has owned us since he's been in the league but what satisfaction is there going to be in beating the Seahawks if we're not beating Wilson as well. To me he has always been the 'face' of that rivalry, more so than Carroll.

Assuming the Broncos get there we'll just beat them in the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Bloodless:

I thought Seattle would have saved more cap. But still, have a massive cap hit this season.

They really have morons in their front office to not at least split some of the dead money like the Rams did with the Lions, even if it lowered the draft capital a little bit

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Time to go 6-0 in division play annually like Brady used to

Maybe it'll be Brady that does it

Originally posted by Heroism:
LOL damn, this is kind of sad. I'm surprised the official SEA accounts tweeted it.

What was this?
I cannot believe they dumped their franchise qb.

lmao
Originally posted by Heroism:
We joked about this last offseason and a bunch of people laughed at the thought.

I'd be ok if losing to Seattle with Watson instead of Wilson, because at least we would have lost to a good QB.
what if they use that capital snd flip it for watson?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I cannot believe they dumped their franchise qb.

lmao

It's likely because their franchise QB was a dick that couldn't adapt to what was needed for the team.

If he only had Garoppolo's personality (with his other skills), he'd never have been traded or even minimized.

Just a subpar person.

Look forward to the fall in Denver.
Share 49ersWebzone