LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 243 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by cortez96:
Your right.
I think Wilson will be excellent for Denver and will be difficult to replace. It seems that Seattle didn't want to stump up the 40-50million to keep him at the end of next season.
Wagner is toast though imo. He's been sliding the last two seasons. He won't be hard to replace. There are plenty of good Lb's in the draft this year.

Wagner has 170 tackles last season. That was a career high. 93 were solo which was only 4 less than his career high. He hasn't slipped that much.

Hes slipped in pass coverage. He's definitely lost a step, which is expected after 10 years in the NFL playing such a violent position.

Haha. It's not a huge blow. Go and watch some film of him from last season. Just average, no commitment to tackling at all. Slowed right down. He's done.

Seahawks fans if Wagner was on the team in 2022:

"Best MLB in football!"

Seahawks fans now that Wagner was cut:

"Wagner is done. Nothing left in the tank. Overrated."
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Haha. It's not a huge blow. Go and watch some film of him from last season. Just average, no commitment to tackling at all. Slowed right down. He's done.

Seahawks fans if Wagner was on the team in 2022:

"Best MLB in football!"

Seahawks fans now that Wagner was cut:

"Wagner is done. Nothing left in the tank. Overrated."

Yeah, definitely in the denial stage right now
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Funny how we fans seem to always count Seattle out every time they make a silly move. Then some how always manages to beat the 9ers when they're at their highest level or just plain sweep them at any given time. If I'm being honest, no better time to go with a veteran QB than right now in the NFC West.

They beat SF because they have Wilson. Dats it.

This is a perfect time to play Lance...Seattle isn't Seattle. Murray is about as overrated as it comes. LA is freaking good and is about to pay Stafford north of $45M per though. They can win games with Lance AND develop him.

It's not Wilson, it's their defense, key 49er players are always injured, extra Hawk intensity, flukes, whatever.

When Garoppolo beats the Rams, it's Shanahan.

When Case Keenum and Nick Foles beat a prime time Seahawks team, it's the Rams have the Seahawks #.

When Wilson beats the 49ers, it's only Wilson and nobody else.

s**t's annoying AF.

Yeah he's decent but if the 49ers offense can be as effective against them like they are versus everyone else, they would win most of the time.

Instead for whatever reason, our offense cannot dominate against that team. And when you have a decent QB like Wilson, it keeps you in the hunt most of the time.

Hear hear JT. Wilson has had so so many mediocre games against us. Definitely their defense and ability to completely shut down our run and make our pass pro look like garbage
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Wagner has 170 tackles last season. That was a career high. 93 were solo which was only 4 less than his career high. He hasn't slipped that much.

It looks good, but quite a lot were after the RB had made 5 or 6 yards. He's not the Wagner of two years ago.
I think he was on the books for $20million this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retired.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It looks good, but quite a lot were after the RB had made 5 or 6 yards. He's not the Wagner of two years ago.
I think he was on the books for $20million this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retired.

Naw, he's not walking away from that $$$.
If they don't get Watson, realistically speaking, they'll probably tank the year and go for Bryce Young, I guess
Originally posted by elguapo:
Hear hear JT. Wilson has had so so many mediocre games against us. Definitely their defense and ability to completely shut down our run and make our pass pro look like garbage

Absolutely.

If Wilson played for the Colts, the Jags would still kick their ass.

Just how it is.
Former San Francisco 49ers tackle Joe Staley said two noteworthy things during his conversation with KNBR on Wednesday. The first was that he's very excited to see 49ers-nemesis Russell Wilson leave the NFC West, feeling that the former Seattle Seahawks quarterback won't find much success with the Denver Broncos.

"I'm not a huge Russell Wilson believer," Staley admitted on the Papa & Lund show. "I know I've heard a lot of people that put him up at the top tier echelon of quarterbacks in the NFL over the last decade, but I think a lot of success, even if you go back to the year that they were dominating us, it was more that defense."

Staley doesn't feel Wilson will have the weapons around him in Denver to be successful, and now the team lacks a good amount of their draft capital thanks to the trade to acquire the quarterback.

Staley added, "I don't think he's going to be the huge difference-maker that everybody thinks that he's going to be."
Former San Francisco 49ers tackle Joe Staley said two noteworthy things during his conversation with KNBR on Wednesday. The first was that he's very excited to see 49ers-nemesis Russell Wilson leave the NFC West, feeling that the former Seattle Seahawks quarterback won't find much success with the Denver Broncos.

"I'm not a huge Russell Wilson believer," Staley admitted on the Papa & Lund show. "I know I've heard a lot of people that put him up at the top tier echelon of quarterbacks in the NFL over the last decade, but I think a lot of success, even if you go back to the year that they were dominating us, it was more that defense."

Staley doesn't feel Wilson will have the weapons around him in Denver to be successful, and now the team lacks a good amount of their draft capital thanks to the trade to acquire the quarterback.

Staley added, "I don't think he's going to be the huge difference-maker that everybody thinks that he's going to be."

I loved reading that and I agree just like we both said, it was almost entirely the defense for the majority of those games. We had major injuries for at least 75% of those games as well. But yeah let's ignore the obvious.

Some of these fans don't do the research before opening their mouth. That would be like us saying Jimmy Garoppolo has owned the Packers when it was really our defense and running game. Think McFly....Think!
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 9, 2022 at 6:34 PM ]

Originally posted by elguapo:

I loved reading that and I agree just like we both said, it was almost entirely the defense for the majority of those games. We had major injuries for at least 75% of those games as well. But yeah let's ignore the obvious.

Some of these fans don't do the research before opening their mouth. That would be like us saying Jimmy Garoppolo has owned the Packers when it was really our defense and running game. Think McFly....Think!

Getting rid of Noah Fant hurt the Broncos for sure, but their WRs arent special ed by any means. They are definitely injury prone but if I were in a FF league I'd grab Sutton as a sleeper. As much as he sucks in the pocket, he throws a great arch and thats Suttons specialty. The broncos just had sh*tty QBs and no real O line to speak of. They gave Bowles a big extension after one good year... he was one of the worst O-lineman in the league prior to that and the others werent that far behind.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Getting rid of Noah Fant hurt the Broncos for sure, but their WRs arent special ed by any means. They are definitely injury prone but if I were in a FF league I'd grab Sutton as a sleeper. As much as he sucks in the pocket, he throws a great arch and thats Suttons specialty. The broncos just had sh*tty QBs and no real O line to speak of. They gave Bowles a big extension after one good year... he was one of the worst O-lineman in the league prior to that and the others werent that far behind.

Good thinking. I've taken Sutton every year since his rookie year
Do some cawk fans still think Dissley a HOF?
i'm so ready to kick these clowns while theyre down. They sure were happy to do that to us.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
i'm so ready to kick these clowns while theyre down. They sure were happy to do that to us.

My biggest hope is we kick their ass hard fully healthy with Lance, and also Denver in Denver to prove it wasn't about Wilson ( to 90% of the football watching world).
Share 49ersWebzone