LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 224 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I have to disagree with Staley. It's true their defense was the key to their success in the early years but once the legion of boom started leaving the defense became less and less of a factor. Even when they were intact, Wilson was still coming up with big plays to pull games out. When the D started eroding he became more and more important. It's worth noting that even as good asWilson is, the Hawks couldn't win another SB once that D started falling apart. It really shows that it's a team game and no matter how good the QB is he's not going to win without support.
SEA gonna go after Watson
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Getting rid of Noah Fant hurt the Broncos for sure, but their WRs arent special ed by any means. They are definitely injury prone but if I were in a FF league I'd grab Sutton as a sleeper. As much as he sucks in the pocket, he throws a great arch and thats Suttons specialty. The broncos just had sh*tty QBs and no real O line to speak of. They gave Bowles a big extension after one good year... he was one of the worst O-lineman in the league prior to that and the others werent that far behind.

Good thinking. I've taken Sutton every year since his rookie year

Sutton technically no longer a sleeper now that Wilson is there. The sleeper would be Tim Patrick.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I have to disagree with Staley. It's true their defense was the key to their success in the early years but once the legion of boom started leaving the defense became less and less of a factor. Even when they were intact, Wilson was still coming up with big plays to pull games out. When the D started eroding he became more and more important. It's worth noting that even as good asWilson is, the Hawks couldn't win another SB once that D started falling apart. It really shows that it's a team game and no matter how good the QB is he's not going to win without support.

I don't know, Wilson is dangerous when the game is close. There were spurts in the last few years where that SEA defense collapsed, especially before trading for Adams. During those times, Wilson was not very effective in winning games. He's great if you need a critical scoring drive because THATs when he actually runs with the ball himself. He's not a consistent chain mover when he must pass at a high volume.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Right, but if he cannot get them past the divisional round......at what point is it on him?

We fault Garoppolo for not getting to/winning Super Bowl, and I guess it's clear.

But when the great Wilson never makes it past the divisional round, at what point can we question him?

Rodgers has been to a lot of NFC Championship games....many more than Wilson. So with people questioning Green Bay over the years, it's fair to say that Rodgers is better than Wilson just based on this alone.

And losing playoff games isn't always on the QB, but when the QB's performance tends to drop consistently in the postseason, then you can start to say he's part of the problem.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Right, but if he cannot get them past the divisional round......at what point is it on him?

We fault Garoppolo for not getting to/winning Super Bowl, and I guess it's clear.

But when the great Wilson never makes it past the divisional round, at what point can we question him?

Rodgers has been to a lot of NFC Championship games....many more than Wilson. So with people questioning Green Bay over the years, it's fair to say that Rodgers is better than Wilson just based on this alone.

And losing playoff games isn't always on the QB, but when the QB's performance tends to drop consistently in the postseason, then you can start to say he's part of the problem.

Hear Hear. Wilson definitely struggles against better defenses a lot more than other top qbs. Wilson has had some abysmal playoff performances not related to his defense whatsoever and he's had good weapons too
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

They are stealing from people with Drew Lock on here he is not it. Geno too.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Mar 10, 2022 at 8:32 PM ]

Please be Geno.
Originally posted by frozen49er:

Please be Geno.

It's gonna be Lock, unless they draft a QB and he looks good. They didn't just ask for Lock in the trade for no reason.

If they get Deshaun that's going to be a huge problem for us (and for the "massage" industry in Seattle).
[ Edited by Leathaface on Mar 11, 2022 at 10:01 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Please be Geno.

It's gonna be Lock, unless they draft a QB and he looks good. They didn't just ask for Lock in the trade for no reason.

They didn't get Lock to start lol. I mean we have to be dreaming to see that. They got Lock as they were interested in him in the draft process when he came out. Some teams had a first round grade maybe SEA was one and they passed as they had Russ. They are kicking the tires on him and will add a vet starter thinking Newton or Mariota.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Please be Geno.

They didn't get Lock to start lol. I mean we have to be dreaming to see that. They got Lock as they were interested in him in the draft process when he came out. Some teams had a first round grade maybe SEA was one and they passed as they had Russ. They are kicking the tires on him and will add a vet starter thinking Newton or Mariota.

All reports say they got him as a bridge QB. He's even the betting favorite to start.

Imo, they will draft a QB, maybe Monk and have him sit and learn for a year.
All reports say they got him as a bridge QB. He's even the betting favorite to start.

Imo, they will draft a QB, maybe Monk and have him sit and learn for a year.

Bridge QBs are successful which he is not he's like a prospect at best. What reports are you talking about when you say all reports? Everything I've seen says they are very much active on the QB market for a real starter.
damn

Share 49ersWebzone