Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
damn

That's the Seahawks for you.

#1 classless franchise.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Honestly even the Wilson thing was strange. Like I understand the guy can be a weirdo at times but you really want to replace him by Deshaun Watson?
And they released Bobby Wagner who has been a force for them for years without even talking to him.
Imagine the Niners releasing Patrick Willis without having a chat with him.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Honestly even the Wilson thing was strange. Like I understand the guy can be a weirdo at times but you really want to replace him by Deshaun Watson?
And they released Bobby Wagner who has been a force for them for years without even talking to him.
Imagine the Niners releasing Patrick Willis without having a chat with him.

I think internally Wilson went to SEA and said I'm out I'm not showing up for anything anymore, training camp, OTA, preseason, regular season, etc.

There were rumblings he wanted out last offseason. This is guesswork no confirmation just my opine, but if he gave SEA an ultimatum I don't think they have a whole lot of choice he wanted out.

but yeah I'm crazy for thinking Seattle will go after him
Originally posted by Waterbear:

but yeah I'm crazy for thinking Seattle will go after him

A lot of hurdles would have to clear before he even sees the field. You can't just trade for him today. There would be blowback and when push comes to shove NFL would probably not allow him to see the field. See for example, Trevor Bauer which had 1/22nd the number of women involved.
I keep hearing all this Watson chatter but don't teams like the Eagles and Panthers have more to offer than the Seahawks do? Panthers 1st RD pick this year is higher than the Seahawks and they also have more talent to offer the Texans if they also want a player or two in the deal which I believe the Texans will want. And the Eagles have like 3 1st RD picks this year I beiieve. For the Seahawks to outbid those teams they would have to offer atleast 3 1st RD picks and DK Metcalf. Then how do the Seahawks put talent around Watson with no draft capital and lacking talent and cap space after having to pay Watson?
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I keep hearing all this Watson chatter but don't teams like the Eagles and Panthers have more to offer than the Seahawks do? Panthers 1st RD pick this year is higher than the Seahawks and they also have more talent to offer the Texans if they also want a player or two in the deal which I believe the Texans will want. And the Eagles have like 3 1st RD picks this year I beiieve. For the Seahawks to outbid those teams they would have to offer atleast 3 1st RD picks and DK Metcalf. Then how do the Seahawks put talent around Watson with no draft capital and lacking talent and cap space after having to pay Watson?

Watson has a no-trade clause. he reportedly exercised it in a potential trade to CAR last season.

The Eagles have the 15th 16th and 19th picks. They also have 3 5th rounders. They could give up the 16th, 19th and throw in 2 of those 5th rounders and still have a decent draft.
Originally posted by boast:
Watson has a no-trade clause. he reportedly exercised it in a potential trade to CAR last season.

Ok that puts them off the table. But I did hear the Eagles were one of his destinations and they have enough to outbid the Seahawks. They also have a QB they could include in the deal.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Mar 11, 2022 at 1:34 PM ]
They really don't take care of their legends over there. Niners should sign Wagner on a team friendly deal to spite Seattle

Originally posted by boast:

Ok that puts them off the table. But I did hear the Eagles were one of his destinations and they have enough to outbid the Seahawks. They also have a QB they could include in the deal.

Looks like Watson in Seattle isnt a matter of if but rather when.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Mar 11, 2022 at 1:48 PM ]

there it is. Now Seattle can tell everyone how much of a good guy he is, like when Frank Clark was drafted.

Lisatwelve will be in here defending his honor lol
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Mar 11, 2022 at 1:59 PM ]
Guaran-f'n-tee Deshaun Watson becomes a Seahawk. And we've got our project QB for what will probably be the same price... FML.
Share 49ersWebzone