LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 204 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

Just heard on the radio Jody Allen has her own past sexual allegations. Watson definitely going to Seattle lol
As a resident Hawk fan on this forum if anyone wanted to know my thoughts on all the latest Seahawks news.

- Russell Wilson Trade - I'm good with it, I've been saying paying high QB money isn't the way to compete for a SB for a while now, I just wish this move was made sooner, especially before the Adams trade because the picks and placement in the draft was almost the same which is really sad. But it is indeed an end of an era. It'll be sad not seeing some of the amazing plays RW would be capable of every season. I do wish overall that JS and PC left and they instead found a coach who could possibly make an offense flourish with RW.

- Bobby Wagner Release - This truly saddens me. I completely understand it, he's not worth the new salary given what he is now. But he's still an amazing LB, he was definitely at the top of his position in the NFL for a long time and he just showed up to play. No drama, no nothing. He's been my favorite Seahawk since 2012 for sure.

- D. Watson - I've done my best to think of "second chances" when the Hawks would pick up certain players with upsetting pasts. That being said if they pick up D. Watson, I don't care about his talent given his allegations (which are probably true). I just can't get behind that at all. I dont care what he learned (if he learned anything), that type of stuff is pretty damn close to murder in the scale of unacceptable to me regarding character. Especially the count of women who came out against him, you don't have that many women saying stuff out of the blue. Not charged is not the same as not guilty either.
Does wagner have any gas in the tank?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Just when you think Seattle was preparing for the #1 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, they look to re-up and trade for Deshaun Watson. It sucks to hear as a 9er fan, but I applaud Seattle with some of the moves they've made or are attempting to make.

Much much rather trade 3 1st round picks for Watson than Lance.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Just when you think Seattle was preparing for the #1 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, they look to re-up and trade for Deshaun Watson. It sucks to hear as a 9er fan, but I applaud Seattle with some of the moves they've made or are attempting to make.

We'll see how this ages.

You will feel diffrerently in a couple of years when Trey is named league MVP and then SB MVP while making under $10 Million a year

And I don't fear the Seahawks at all. Even with Watson because there will be no talent around him. This is not like the Rams adding Stafford to an already stacked team. This is the Seahawks adding Watson to a team that will barely have more talent than the team he left.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTB1974:

You will feel diffrerently in a couple of years when Trey is named league MVP and then SB MVP while making under $10 Million a year

And I don't fear the Seahawks at all. Even with Watson because there will be no talent around him. This is not like the Rams adding Stafford to an already stacked team. This is the Seahawks adding Watson to a team that will barely have more talent than the team he left.

Seattle has the picks, cap space and a front office who isn't afraid to spend. Off season has just begun, I wouldn't checked the level of talent just yet. I mean they do have DK Metcalf and Lockette still on the roster.
It's impossible to hate an organization more
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

We'll see how this ages.

Oh please do.

Seattle has the picks, cap space and a front office who isn't afraid to spend. Off season has just begun, I wouldn't checked the level of talent just yet. I mean they do have DK Metcalf and Lockette still on the roster.

They won't have the draft picks after using them all to get Watson. And one of Lockett or Metcalf will have to be included in the trade. And they won't have the cap space because they will have to pay Watson $40 Million. It's going to cost Seattle 3 1st RD picks plus one of Metcalf or Lockett. And I am still not sure that will be enough considering all the teams that are interested. Eagles could beat that offer, They have 3 mid 1st RD picks this year and Hurts that could package.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Mar 11, 2022 at 5:03 PM ]
SEA gonna give us a 2nd for JG.

They won't have the draft picks after using them all to get Watson. And one of Lockett or Metcalf will have to be included in the trade. And they won't have the cap space because they will have to pay Watson $40 Million. It's going to cost Seattle 3 1st RD picks plus one of Metcalf or Lockett. And I am still not sure that will be enough considering all the teams that are interested. Eagles could beat that offer, They have 3 mid 1st RD picks this year and Hurts that could package.

SEA could offer them all their draft picks for the next 5 years and it still won't matter bc Watson has a NO TRADE CLAUSE.

I highly doubt he wants to go play there, when he has better options available. And either way, all signs point to a SEA rebuild right now.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

SEA could offer them all their draft picks for the next 5 years and it still won't matter bc Watson has a NO TRADE CLAUSE.

I highly doubt he wants to go play there, when he has better options available. And either way, all signs point to a SEA rebuild right now.

The fact that Seattle cut Wagner is what's keeping me sane right now.

It's hard to believe Seattle would do that when they're not entering a rebuild, but we will see.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I hope so.
I read that he wants to play for a team with a good D and good O. That should put the Seahawks out of contention.

Id like them to get Will Levis next year.
Share 49ersWebzone