LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 222 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
They just waiting for us to cut JG? Not sure what they are doing at QB..

They did want Drew Lock in the trade. My guess is they are rebuilding and are okay with a bridge QB for a year or two.

That team couldn't win with Wilson, there's no way they think Jimmy will make them better. But they will probably still sign him just to stick it to us lol
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Ownership f'd up by not cleaning house and firing Pete and JS. I can't see Pete lasting two years of rebuild, which is what it's most likely going to take. That will mean two years of them acrewing up draft picks and FA only to have another GM/HC come in and lean up the bigger mess they will leave behind. That will probably take the new staff a couple of years to fix. Jody should have completely cleaned house after getting rid of RW.

Im glad 1-2's have Jody running the show, for as much s**t they have talked about Jed York.

I think the majority of the Seahawk fan base don't even know who Jed York is...I could probably only name about 3-4 NFL owners at this current time myself and I consider myself more involved with football than the average fan.

If anyone has been talking crap about Jed York over the last decade, it's been the Niner fanbase, I mean it's all over this forum lol

That's not true. A search through .Nut would tell you differently lol

And of course Jed York would be discussed on a niner forum. And of course some would be displeased with some of his decisions. The good thing is that he's learned from his young mistakes. You better hope Jody learns from hers. Time will tell.

im guessing you agreed with the rest of my post
Originally posted by Joecool:
SEA not dumb like DEN. They realized the NFC West has too many powerhouse teams. Might as well shut it down for a few years and get those high draft picks.

DEN beefing up for no reason. They can't compete with KC, LAC, and possibly LV.

IDK. Seattle chose the worst time to do a half-ass rebuild. NFC is really weak right now.

Too bad RW didn't want to play for Seattle anymore and wanted out
By the time these cawks are relevant again, Cheat carroll might be retired with a broken jaw from all that gum
SEA not dumb like DEN. They realized the NFC West has too many powerhouse teams. Might as well shut it down for a few years and get those high draft picks.

IDK. Seattle chose the worst time to do a half-ass rebuild. NFC is really weak right now.

What they doing isn't a half ass rebuild. It is a full rebuild.

That's no moon, that's a space station

They will not be in full rebuild until Pete and JS are gone. Until then, they will continue to burn draft picks and make awful trades. They need a full rebuild top to bottom like the Niners did in 2017.

They will not be in full rebuild until Pete and JS are gone. Until then, they will continue to burn draft picks and make awful trades. They need a full rebuild top to bottom like the Niners did in 2017.

Isn't Pete going on 80 years old? No way they rebuild before he goes senile.
Ownership f'd up by not cleaning house and firing Pete and JS. I can't see Pete lasting two years of rebuild, which is what it's most likely going to take. That will mean two years of them acrewing up draft picks and FA only to have another GM/HC come in and lean up the bigger mess they will leave behind. That will probably take the new staff a couple of years to fix. Jody should have completely cleaned house after getting rid of RW.

Im glad 1-2's have Jody running the show, for as much s**t they have talked about Jed York.

I think the majority of the Seahawk fan base don't even know who Jed York is...I could probably only name about 3-4 NFL owners at this current time myself and I consider myself more involved with football than the average fan.

If anyone has been talking crap about Jed York over the last decade, it's been the Niner fanbase, I mean it's all over this forum lol

And of course Jed York would be discussed on a niner forum. And of course some would be displeased with some of his decisions. The good thing is that he's learned from his young mistakes. You better hope Jody learns from hers. Time will tell.

Oh yeah I totally agree with ownership for Seahawks screwing up not getting rid of Pete and JS a few years ago. At least Pete. It's obvious at least to me that Jody Allen doesn't really care about winning football, it's just another side business venture for her and it was easier for her to keep a good but not great product on the field as long as it brought in more revenue vs actually building a contending product (I get in arguments with fellow fans all the time that contending is more than just being a playoff caliber team). It's similar to my Zags 10 years ago, they were contending in March Madness by being in the sweet sixteen but it's only in the last 5 years or so they have truly become contenders for the final four and championship...but yeah lets not get me started there.

I understand Jody Allen taking the position she is taking regarding the Seahawks franchise. I also can see how she may have allowed/pushed for the RW trade because these rich 1% Boomers and Gen X generation are going to stick together and aren't going to bend over for Millenials and Gen Z athletes and fan base. There's a conspiracy theory that Jody Allen is also setting up to sell the team, I could see that too. She inherited the team, she did not BUY it herself...given her comments over the years or really LACK there of, it's pretty obvious the Seahawk franchise is not that important to her. Which is disappointing, but once again I can understand as she inherited the team it's not a priority to her. Just make it run enough to not cause her problems and keep raking in some extra money.

It's a full rebuild, and how you gonna compete against the NFC when you can't even compete against your own division right now? These moves (if they were going to keep Pete this whole time) should have been made 2 years ago. I would have preferred they moved on from Pete 2 years ago, but oh well.

They won't be rebuilding then. They will once again be an embarrassment for ten years or until they get another legit coach.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Rebuild the defense 1st, then get the QB next year.
Jimmy G would be perfect in SEA. He will do exactly what Pete wants him to do while Pete focuses on the SEA Defense.
Hey Seattle, as far as Hyder goes......"Thanks for the free parking"

Also for your upcoming season, "Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars!"

Oh yeah I totally agree with ownership for Seahawks screwing up not getting rid of Pete and JS a few years ago. At least Pete. It's obvious at least to me that Jody Allen doesn't really care about winning football, it's just another side business venture for her and it was easier for her to keep a good but not great product on the field as long as it brought in more revenue vs actually building a contending product (I get in arguments with fellow fans all the time that contending is more than just being a playoff caliber team). It's similar to my Zags 10 years ago, they were contending in March Madness by being in the sweet sixteen but it's only in the last 5 years or so they have truly become contenders for the final four and championship...but yeah lets not get me started there.

I understand Jody Allen taking the position she is taking regarding the Seahawks franchise. I also can see how she may have allowed/pushed for the RW trade because these rich 1% Boomers and Gen X generation are going to stick together and aren't going to bend over for Millenials and Gen Z athletes and fan base. There's a conspiracy theory that Jody Allen is also setting up to sell the team, I could see that too. She inherited the team, she did not BUY it herself...given her comments over the years or really LACK there of, it's pretty obvious the Seahawk franchise is not that important to her. Which is disappointing, but once again I can understand as she inherited the team it's not a priority to her. Just make it run enough to not cause her problems and keep raking in some extra money.

I agree, Jody doesn't come across as good owner. Some dark times ahead for 1-2's. As you said, best hope is that she sells the team.
Share 49ersWebzone