There are 298 users in the forums

Josh McDaniels is a HC candidate for 2017

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jed had Josh as his back up plan to Harbaugh back in 2011 and he turned Jed down for even an interview.

Could we throw the house at him and could he be interested ?
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Everything about this team has been a mess since he turned us down.Why would he even bother coming here now?
McDaniels will probably end up with Garappolo
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Jed had Josh as his back up plan to Harbaugh back in 2011 and he turned Jed down for even an interview.

Could we throw the house at him and could he be interested ?

No

He was interviewed before we hired tomsula
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 25, 2016 at 12:30 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
McDaniels criteria is ownership and front office. He has rebuffed the 49ers once already. I know Jed likes him, but it's not realistic.

The Pats beat writer specifically mentioned the Jags and Cards if Arians steps down for health reasons.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
I dont like josh because hes kinda dweebish and players are not going to view him as an alpha.

Being head coach is an huge jump in leadership requirements. Josh is not a natural leader of men. More of a gameplay nerd. Hes in his perfect spot right now.
Originally posted by FL9er:
McDaniels criteria is ownership and front office. He has rebuffed the 49ers once already. I know Jed likes him, but it's not realistic.

The Pats beat writer specifically mentioned the Jags and Cards if Arians steps down for health reasons.

If Jed liked him he would have signed. Leaks came out that the front office didn't like any of the candidates
Clickbait...
Not gonna happen
Why go work for an organization that ran a very good winning coach out of town? Josh should have better options.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Chip Kelly isn't getting fired, so no the 49ers can't and won't throw the house at McDaniels.
I'd like Chip to get a real shot with an improved roster... but I do like McDaniels he's a fire young up and comer in the league and innovative too
I'm so glad we got Shanahan over this guy!
Originally posted by glorydayz:

LOL. 1000% we will witness in the future that McDaniels was eons ahead of Shanahan.

Can't wait to read this in 2020 and laugh.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

This x 1000000000000................
Share 49ersWebzone