There are 324 users in the forums

Josh McDaniels is a HC candidate for 2017

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by captveg:
I still can't believe he got another HC gig after he left the Colts at the altar.

This is what I was thinking when the Raiders hired him lets not forget the Tebow fiasco. Hope he doesn't get another gig dude is a POS
can this guy fix our offense and purdy since hes free now?
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I'm so glad we got Shanahan over this guy!

LOL. 1000% we will witness in the future that McDaniels was eons ahead of Shanahan.

Can't wait to read this in 2020 and laugh.

Originally posted by xcfan:
I dont like josh because hes kinda dweebish and players are not going to view him as an alpha.

Being head coach is an huge jump in leadership requirements. Josh is not a natural leader of men. More of a gameplay nerd. Hes in his perfect spot right now.

Sounds like Mike McDaniel lol
Originally posted by English:

LOL. 1000% we will witness in the future that McDaniels was eons ahead of Shanahan.

Oof
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
McDaniels will probably end up with Garappolo

Lolololol
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Sounds like Mike McDaniel lol

McDaniel isn't a dick though. His players genuinely seem to like him and he seems like a very laidback guy. McDaniels is abrasive like Belichick but without the coaching skill of Belichick and even then Belichick hasn't exactly been doing so hot without Brady.

McDaniels had Antonio Pierce speak on his behalf, and Pierce brought up the Giants' '07 team that beat the undefeated Patriots, explaining how that team believed they could beat anyone. Pierce said the Raiders need that mindset. The players all loved it, but McDaniels didn't. McDaniels told Pierce when everyone left: "Don't ever talk about the Patriots like that." That's when everyone saw how divided the building was, and owner Mark Davis wanted Pierce as his HC.

He didn't learn a thing in the decade+ since he screwed up in his first HC gig.

Josh had immediately butted heads with Denver's most talented young offensive players, Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and Tony Scheffler. They were Shanahan guys, and they made him uncomfortable, so he sent them packing. My old teammate, Tyler Polumbus, who played for both Shanahan and Josh, relayed this story to me: After trading Cutler, Josh addressed the entire team and said, "Fellas, don't worry about the quarterback situation. I can turn a high school quarterback into an All-Pro."

McDaniels's ego wasn't only fragile on the field. He famously shipped out running back Peyton Hillis because, rumor had it, McDaniels thought his wife was attracted to Hillis. For those of us accustomed to being handled with class—Shanahan, agree with him or not, could be counted upon for this—Josh's approach to leadership left much to be desired. Case in point: I found out my Broncos career was over from a message left on my parents' answering machine. "Honey, there's something I think you need to listen to." When I tried to contact Josh for an explanation, his secretary told me he was in a meeting and that he'd call me back. He never did.

My story is not unique. The sport is littered with players and ex-players done wrong by McDaniels, ones who'd loved the game of football but learned to hate it under him. Polumbus told me that every day at work began with a "bad football" reel from the day before: McDaniels would dog cuss the player and their coach for any bad play from the previous day's practice, setting the tone for a super fun day. Many of his (de)motivational tactics were Bill Belichick knock-offs, like putting slogans and mantras in big block letters around the building, then calling guys out in meetings, making them stand up to recite them, and cussing out those who couldn't. I experienced the same thing during my one week in Cleveland under Eric Mangini, another Belichick disciple who tried to copy and paste The Patriot Way, and failed miserably.

Clearly a good football team is more than merely its clever Xs and Os. McDaniels and Mangini are not the New England football robot factory's only outputs who laid waste to professional football teams. Matt Patricia. Romeo Crennel. Brian Flores. Joe Judge. Brian Daboll. All of them have losing records as NFL head coaches. Only Bill O'Brien has a winning record. All of these slapdicks put together have only two playoff victories as NFL head coaches. Two. For context, every single one of Shanahan's former assistants who took a top job has a winning record in the NFL; they have three Super Bowl trophies among them.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by English:

Oof

I nominate this for the Hall of Shame thread
first ballot, unanimous
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
McDaniels had Antonio Pierce speak on his behalf, and Pierce brought up the Giants' '07 team that beat the undefeated Patriots, explaining how that team believed they could beat anyone. Pierce said the Raiders need that mindset. The players all loved it, but McDaniels didn't. McDaniels told Pierce when everyone left: "Don't ever talk about the Patriots like that." That's when everyone saw how divided the building was, and owner Mark Davis wanted Pierce as his HC.

This sounds so fake, but I 100% believe it happened
Haha i guess since a mod brings back an old thread it wont be locked this time

Originally posted by rockzz:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This sounds so fake, but I 100% believe it happened

it's true, McDaniels then asked for his PF Changs lunch to be brought in
Share 49ersWebzone