There are 645 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is an easy extension. What's interesting is that we have had a stretch of quality kicks for the last 10 years it seems. Not at all like how it was in the late 80s and 90s.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Jan 6, 2019 at 6:08 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Should go back to the bears. Wasting his career on this team.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Jcool:

He's gone. I believe it was MM's podcast. SF sounded like a temporary gig while his family is so far away. He has no ill will towards the Bears (obviously). It sounds like he really misses his family.

Franchise.

Tag.

It's not that hard.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Ya cause you can count on Trubisky to win a Super Bowl. Don't care about the missed field goal. Dude had everything set up for him this year but he couldn't get it done.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I wonder if he got a little joy out of seeing that clank that knocked the bears out of the playoffs....
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
I wonder if he got a little joy out of seeing that clank that knocked the bears out of the playoffs....

His pockets definitely got some joy out of it.
what would a tag cost? 15m?
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Ya cause you can count on Trubisky to win a Super Bowl. Don't care about the missed field goal. Dude had everything set up for him this year but he couldn't get it done.

They in playoffs, with us he's kicking game winners for meaningless wins in garbage time of the season.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

5m? that's it?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/05/2018-franchise-tag-values-set-with-release-of-cap-number/
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

They in playoffs, with us he's kicking game winners for meaningless wins in garbage time of the season.

My argument is less for the Niners and more against the Bears. Trubisky will never win a SB. With or without Gould. Plenty of other contenders that could use an upgrade at kicker.

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

It's the average of the five highest-paid kickers. He's worth that easily.
Originally posted by susweel:
They in playoffs

Not anymore.
Need to resign him not just because of the miss today, but because we can't seem to score TD when we get to the red zone. Need all the points we can get until we upgrade some and improve our line play and receiving group.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Jan 6, 2019 at 9:27 PM ]
Parkey's kick was tipped, so I could see the Bears keeping him.

With that said, I don't blame Robbie if he does go back to Chicago.

I've been in his shoes (I live in a different state then my son) and being away from your family (especially your kids) sucks.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is an easy extension. What's interesting is that we have had a stretch of quality kicks for the last 10 years it seems. Not at all like how it was in the late 80s and 90s.

Oh man from Cofer, Brien, Cortez and many other bums etc etc. Only bright spot in the middle was Wilkins and we let him walk to a rival.
Share 49ersWebzone