There are 235 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
it was a 43 yarder. not a gimme.

A 43 yarder in today's game is a gimme. That kick should be made 98 times out of 100. Maybe more.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by tankle104:
As much as I want to keep him, pretty sure he is going back to the bears unless we tag him. His children are in Chicago. He wants to be near them, they didn't live with him in Cali these last few years. So I think it's likely he goes back unless we tag him

He's not going anywhere he just said the last 2 years have been the best of his career. The only reason his wife and kids still live in Chicago is because the uncertainty of his contract situation. I'm sure they'll move out here once we lock him up

Let's hope you're right.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
As much as I want to keep him, pretty sure he is going back to the bears unless we tag him. His children are in Chicago. He wants to be near them, they didn't live with him in Cali these last few years. So I think it's likely he goes back unless we tag him

He's not going anywhere he just said the last 2 years have been the best of his career. The only reason his wife and kids still live in Chicago is because the uncertainty of his contract situation. I'm sure they'll move out here once we lock him up

Let's hope you're right.

He will get franchised if no extension is reached.
A middle aged couple from Chicago was sitting next to me at the Bears Niner game at Levis. He said "I guarantee you Cody Parkey is the reason we lose a playoff game." Just crazy to think. They were also huge Robbie Gould fans.

Feel bad for those two. haha
Im still confused at how Aldrick Rosas made the Pro Bowl over Gould...

Gould was 33 for 34 this year and missed 2 XP

Rosas was 31 for 32 and missed 1 XP

Gould was 11 for 12 beyond 40 yds.

Rosas was 10 for 11 beyond 40 yds.

Both teams weren't contenders this year. Gould is the vet, and deserved it last year as well. I dont get it.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Both teams weren't contenders this year. Gould is the vet, and deserved it last year as well. I dont get it.

There's a lot to be desired in the Pro Bowl Voting process. Needs to be revamped
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

There's a lot to be desired in the Pro Bowl Voting process. Needs to be revamped

Gould has been the best kicker in the last 2 seasons, and had the best 2 year stretch for a kicker in NFL history, yet has 0 pro bowls and zero all pro's to show for it in that time. Weird that Tucker got 1st team all pro...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Gould better be brought back after watching the Chicago game.
Parker kick is officially a block, not a miss.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Which is assuming Pace will admit his mistake, cut Parkey while taking the cap hit, and spend money which they don't really have to sign Gould.
Bears don't have the cap to take a $5M dead money hit. They need to resign Bobby Massey and Bryce Callahan.

Can we tag him then trade him for a draft pick?
Tag him and throw him in the dungeon.
Robbie Gould and his family were in the crowd at the Bears Eagles game yesterday.

Gould back to Chicago confirmed. Thanks for being a stud for the time you were with us, Robbie.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Robbie Gould and his family were in the crowd at the Bears Eagles game yesterday.

Gould back to Chicago confirmed. Thanks for being a stud for the time you were with us, Robbie.

They will franchise him. No chance he hits FA.

numbers really dont tell the story. The last two years, if gould misses, we lose in many many games. He really has come through under pressure.
Share 49ersWebzone