There are 235 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If the Niners believe Gould is one of the best kickers in the NFL (he is), and they don't have anybody else worthy of a franchise tag (they don't), and they don't have any money issues (they don't)...

Franchising him should be a layup decision in lieu of a long term deal.
[ Edited by okdkid on Jan 7, 2019 at 2:41 PM ]
Lock this man up, really sad to hear that he couldnt move his family out of chicago to live with him in SF because he doesnt know if he'll have a job at the end of the year. Great man and even better player / teammate! 3 year extension!
IMO, they should aggressively pursue him and let him know he is wanted.

They may already be doing this and as usual - nobody here knows.
Originally posted by 49erJay:
Lock this man up, really sad to hear that he couldnt move his family out of chicago to live with him in SF because he doesnt know if he'll have a job at the end of the year. Great man and even better player / teammate! 3 year extension!

Yeah, should have locked him up last off season and moved the family out here.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, they should aggressively pursue him and let him know he is wanted.

They may already be doing this and as usual - nobody here knows.

Exactly. It would be douchy of FO to not do the right thing, but I don't think that's the case. If the Gould's are interested in moving here and calling the Bay Area, home, I feel like everything will be worked out and all parties would be very satisfied.
Originally posted by okdkid:
If the Niners believe Gould is one of the best kickers in the NFL (he is), and they don't have anybody else worthy of a franchise tag (they don't), and they don't have any money issues (they don't)...

If he wants to go back to his hometown and be with his family, I can see the front office allowing it, as they should.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

If he wants to go back to his hometown and be with his family, I can see the front office allowing it, as they should.

???

This is the NFL.

There is zero chance the Niners let him go to a team they very likely may play in the playoffs just to be nice guys.

???

This is the NFL.

There is zero chance the Niners let him go to a team they very likely may play in the playoffs just to be nice guys.

If he doesn't want to be here now then why keep a disgruntle player?

Evil said the bears don't want to dump their kicker and have $5 mill in dead money so hopefully it's a mute point
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Jan 7, 2019 at 9:00 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

???

This is the NFL.

Evil said the bears don't want to dump their kicker and have $5 mill in dead money so hopefully it's a mute point

Gould is on the record saying he loved the Niners and the Bay Area. He sure has a funny way of showing he's "disgruntled"
Gould is gonna make bank...for a kicker anyways.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Gould is gonna make bank...compared to me anyways.
Ya me too.

What?

• LVJay
  • Veteran
it will definitely not be a "mute point" .... we'll hear about it

???

This is the NFL.

Gould is on the record saying he loved the Niners and the Bay Area. He sure has a funny way of showing he's "disgruntled"

I meant that in regards If the bears wanted him, offered him a contract and we franchised him even though he wanted to be back with his family..
That's all
Hopefully we retain him and get his family here with him.
Originally posted by LVJay:
it will definitely not be a "mute point" .... we'll hear about it

Resign him-stats speak for themselves.
[ Edited by WildBill on Jan 8, 2019 at 3:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone