There are 267 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
well to bad. Since when do players do what they want? It's just an excuse to let the cheapest front office in the nfl not pay another performer.

you're still throwing out that nonsense of being the cheapest front office in the NFL, but you clearly haven't paid attend the past two season uh?

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-free-agency-biggest-spenders-most-money-teams-players-signings-032117

in 2018 they gave JG $137 million, Staley got a $7.5 million dollar raise, Signed Richburg to $40 million dollar contract, Jet got $30 million, Sherman got $27 million, and they extended LT for $18 million.

You can b***h about other stuff (like what they're spending their money on) but being cheap is a false narrative.

Nice try. We are #7 in the league in cap space at 62M.

The only teams above us are basket cases.

We didn't sign dix when we have nothing but valets and bouncers at safety. Lots of excuses for mack, and the antonio brown signing we will miss out on too.

This front office is cheap. has been since 8-8 harbs season.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Wait you're basing the 49ers being cheap off of the salary cap.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think he's gone. The organization had to have approached him about an extension during the season. He wants to go home to Chicago.

No question.

I think he gets tagged, he's the only real upcoming free agent worth keeping.

If he wants to go home, our FO will let him. We're not going to tag him. We'll either sign him to a 4 year deal, move his family out here or just let him go.

And why could the 49ers tag him and move his family out here? $5 million dollars can't move a family to the Bay?
I think he's gone. The organization had to have approached him about an extension during the season. He wants to go home to Chicago.

No question.

If he wants to go home, our FO will let him. We're not going to tag him. We'll either sign him to a 4 year deal, move his family out here or just let him go.

And why could the 49ers tag him and move his family out here? $5 million dollars can't move a family to the Bay?

If you've been following him and listened to him on MM's podcast, it's very obvious he wants to go home. I highly doubt this FO would be cruel to him and force him here for another year and keep him from his family. He'll leave.

No question.

If you've been following him and listened to him on MM's podcast, it's very obvious he wants to go home. I highly doubt this FO would be cruel to him and force him here for another year and keep him from his family. He'll leave.

Possible his family wants to stay in Chicago as well, they spent 10 years there so they may not want to uproot altogether.
Originally posted by evil:

No question.

Possible his family wants to stay in Chicago as well, they spent 10 years there so they may not want to uproot altogether.

This was the most important point. They are rooted there and he took this gig thinking it was a short term sacrifice to reestablish his career. He said it's been hard being away esp. from his young kids.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 21, 2019 at 8:42 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
This was the most important point. They are rooted there and he took this gig thinking it was a short term sacrifice to reestablish his career. He said it's been hard being away esp. from his young kids.
well , lynch can at least prudently pursue him
How can we get the Rams kicker. That 57 yard game winner was right down the middle and would have been good from 67.
just sign another kinda older kicker and have success again, rinse and repeat
Yeah, Robbie aint coming back. He loves Chicago, his last 3 posts on IG are him and his kids throwing out the first pitch at a cubs game and him and his kids attending a blackhawks game decked out in gear, shoot he even went to watch the bears playoff game with his kids all bear'd out. I mean i totally understand, his kids were born there and he's called that place home for 10 years...but how could you go back to a team that kicked you to the curb
Originally posted by RonMexico:
just sign another kinda older kicker and have success again, rinse and repeat

Gostkowski will be available.

This is the silliest thread ever. Its just a fig leaf for our fo that doesnt pay vets what they are worth. Seriously. We can pick up the phone and ask robbie what number would top the yearning. My guess is that conversation has happened and the number is like 500k more than paraags magical quant crystal ball says we should pay. So we're going to pull another Frankie. I can't believe anybody would fall for this again
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jan 21, 2019 at 11:29 AM ]
If the 49ers don't bring Gould back, I hope they plan on snagging this guy. Has all the makings of a top notch NFL kicker though with how much of it is mental, you can never be quite sure. He was perfect from 50+ yards this season, hitting 5 of 5 which I've found is one of the most favorable signs for NFL success.

Matt Gay of Utah is another good option. Three or four pretty good kicking prospects this year.
Originally posted by 49erJay:
Yeah, Robbie aint coming back. He loves Chicago, his last 3 posts on IG are him and his kids throwing out the first pitch at a cubs game and him and his kids attending a blackhawks game decked out in gear, shoot he even went to watch the bears playoff game with his kids all bear'd out. I mean i totally understand, his kids were born there and he's called that place home for 10 years...but how could you go back to a team that kicked you to the curb

He talked about that too on the podcast. There was no bad blood there.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Money talks...pay the man what he wants.
Any chance we tag him, and work out a trade to the Bears, so we at least get something for him? Perhaps make them take AA off our hands, and we will give them Gould, but we get back like a 5th or 6th round pick, and then use that pick on a new kicker.
Share 49ersWebzone