There are 139 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Montana:
Sigh, I don't like this. Was glad to be able to see him play at a game. I miss him already 🎻. Baby come back 🎶

I think it's great. I love Robbie, however I don't love having a kicker 40+.. time to get younger at the spot and let's see what happens.

True, and ideally we find a kicker who can boot it out of the end zone on kickoffs. I believe it was hoped Wish could handle that duty but didn't work out.
Sigh, I don't like this. Was glad to be able to see him play at a game. I miss him already 🎻. Baby come back 🎶

I think it's great. I love Robbie, however I don't love having a kicker 40+.. time to get younger at the spot and let's see what happens.

People act like his leg was falling off. Dude was fine. That being said odds are the next guy won't be nearly as good.
  • thl408
He was automatic in the playoffs - can't get better than that. I hope he comes back, but I understand if he wants a lot of money. This could be his last contract and it might take a lot to keep him far from his family.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

People act like his leg was falling off. Dude was fine. That being said odds are the next guy won't be nearly as good.

Prior we had Nedney, Akers, Dawson, all really good vets. At some point age will catch Robbie, and we don't want to be midseason when that happens.

Lambo just sitting around 8 years younger than Robbie and better career percentage, probably cheaper also.
it will be odd rooting against him if he signs with a team that we play this year.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
i don't care if our kicker is 50 as long as he's still got it which Robbie very much does, however if we can get one of the top 2 kickers in the draft and save 4 mil a year with this loaded team, that would be nice.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is really bad news. Our kicking game will probably be a lot worse. That has an effect guys.

13 - 4

can quickly go to

10 - 7

with bad kicking.

They will regret this.

It wasn't up to us unfortunately. It was Gould's decision ultimately. Robbie wanted out a long time ago. We got him longer than he wanted to be here to begin with, based on what transpired a couple years back.

I think we should try to pry Lewis Ward from the CFL, personally. But, hey, if they think someone from college can cut it, I trust the personnel dept. I'm good with Dunn or Moody.

Yeah but if we can get him for the right price I would do it. He's very consistent and reliable. He's money in the playoffs. You could have a really bad kicker that tanks your season too. This team even had some horrific kickers if you go back to prior time eras.
This is really bad news. Our kicking game will probably be a lot worse. That has an effect guys.

13 - 4

can quickly go to

10 - 7

with bad kicking.

They will regret this.

It wasn't up to us unfortunately. It was Gould's decision ultimately. Robbie wanted out a long time ago. We got him longer than he wanted to be here to begin with, based on what transpired a couple years back.

I think we should try to pry Lewis Ward from the CFL, personally. But, hey, if they think someone from college can cut it, I trust the personnel dept. I'm good with Dunn or Moody.

Yeah but if we can get him for the right price I would do it. He's very consistent and reliable. He's money in the playoffs. You could have a really bad kicker that tanks your season too. This team even had some horrific kickers if you go back to prior time eras.

How much do we pay our kicking/ST coach?

If he can't help us find a K in F/A, or draft and develop a K then we have a different problem.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

13 - 4

can quickly go to

10 - 7

with bad kicking.

They will regret this.

If he can't help us find a K in F/A, or draft and develop a K then we have a different problem.

Gould is money. Especially in the playoffs. Some scrub rookie may miss the playoff kicks and tank your season. Don't count on that. Now whether or not we can fit him under a tight salary cap is a different story. But ideally in a perfect world you would want him about 2 more years. He's very accurate, reliable and money in the playoffs. You can't count on a FA or draft pick to do that. So the only question is how much money.

13 - 4

can quickly go to

10 - 7

with bad kicking.

They will regret this.

Gould is money. Especially in the playoffs. Some scrub rookie may miss the playoff kicks and tank your season. Don't count on that. Now whether or not we can fit him under a tight salary cap is a different story. But ideally in a perfect world you would want him about 2 more years. He's very accurate, reliable and money in the playoffs. You can't count on a FA or draft pick to do that. So the only question is how much money.

Yup, sounds reasonable, but not everything pans out the way we would like. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

13 - 4

can quickly go to

10 - 7

with bad kicking.

They will regret this.

Yup, sounds reasonable, but not everything pans out the way we would like. Hopefully they can figure it out.
he's just baiting for more money... like he did a few years ago when we had to franchise tag him

[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Mar 10, 2023 at 4:12 AM ]
But we broke. Can't even have Mose.
Share 49ersWebzone