There are 129 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Would be a nice story to get him back on a reasonable deal. No rookie will come in and be more reliable.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Youngone:
I'm indifferent. On one hand he's a HOF kicker on the other hand I'm good with a fresh cheap leg

Not just cheap but a guy who can bang a 55 yarder. I'm not sure Robbie can make anything longer that 50

Lucky for us, Kyle's MO is to kick FGs anytime he's inside 50 yards regardless of situation. It could be 4th and inches at the 20 with 2 minutes to go and we're down by 4 and he'll either kick the FG or punt it away…

Go for Gould !
Originally posted by DrEll:
I'm indifferent. On one hand he's a HOF kicker on the other hand I'm good with a fresh cheap leg

Not just cheap but a guy who can bang a 55 yarder. I'm not sure Robbie can make anything longer that 50

Lucky for us, Kyle's MO is to kick FGs anytime he's inside 50 yards regardless of situation. It could be 4th and inches at the 20 with 2 minutes to go and we're down by 4 and he'll either kick the FG or punt it away…

Go for Gould !

This truth raises my blood pressure
I would think we could use a 3rd round pick to get the highest rated kicker in the draft
It seems someone would have grabbed him.
Bring him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by DrEll:

Go for Gould !
Purdy scores more TDs than Jimmy G did. So field position is more important with deep kicks than game management and kicking FGs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This is really bad news. Our kicking game will probably be a lot worse. That has an effect guys.

13 - 4

can quickly go to

10 - 7

with bad kicking.

They will regret this.

It wasn't up to us unfortunately. It was Gould's decision ultimately. Robbie wanted out a long time ago. We got him longer than he wanted to be here to begin with, based on what transpired a couple years back.

I think we should try to pry Lewis Ward from the CFL, personally. But, hey, if they think someone from college can cut it, I trust the personnel dept. I'm good with Dunn or Moody.

Yeah but if we can get him for the right price I would do it. He's very consistent and reliable. He's money in the playoffs. You could have a really bad kicker that tanks your season too. This team even had some horrific kickers if you go back to prior time eras.

How much do we pay our kicking/ST coach?

If he can't help us find a K in F/A, or draft and develop a K then we have a different problem.

Gould is money. Especially in the playoffs. Some scrub rookie may miss the playoff kicks and tank your season. Don't count on that. Now whether or not we can fit him under a tight salary cap is a different story. But ideally in a perfect world you would want him about 2 more years. He's very accurate, reliable and money in the playoffs. You can't count on a FA or draft pick to do that. So the only question is how much money.

Just ask the Bears I think it was the year we signed him from the Giants the Bears wanted to get him back BUT he went to SF instead and the Bears PAID Dearly for that when their kicker lost them a lot of games...
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Come baaaaaaack!!! I can't quit you yet Robbie!! #9 ❤️ 💛 If you come back, I will get a Gould jersey in celebration lol. You are my kicker crush and we need you lol.
[ Edited by Montana on Mar 17, 2023 at 9:39 AM ]
Have a feeling he'll be back after not signing anywhere else yet. Love Robbie and what he's done for us but am tired of his weak kickoffs.

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Come baaaaaaack!!! I can't quit you yet Robbie!! #9 ❤️ 💛 If you come back, I will get a Gould jersey in celebration lol. You are my kicker crush and we need you lol.

Bring him back just for sheer ability to piss off the other team prior to kickoff.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Have a feeling he'll be back after not signing anywhere else yet. Love Robbie and what he's done for us but am tired of his weak kickoffs.

Me too. I hate holding my breath every time the kick returner Starts returning at the damn 5 yard line. We should just sign Crosby or Bullock. Preferably Crosby if he's 1-2 million less than Gould
Originally posted by elguapo:

Me too. I hate holding my breath every time the kick returner Starts returning at the damn 5 yard line. We should just sign Crosby or Bullock. Preferably Crosby if he's 1-2 million less than Gould

Crosby has been wildly inconsistent lately. Absolutely do not want. Bullock isn't anything special either. Rookie IMO would do just as well if not better.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Crosby has been wildly inconsistent lately. Absolutely do not want. Bullock isn't anything special either. Rookie IMO would do just as well if not better.

I thought Crosby hit a bunch of field goals especially 50+ yards out
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Would be a nice story to get him back on a reasonable deal. No rookie will come in and be more reliable.

How reasonable would it need to be? We need to address the kickoff/touchback problem, but when it comes to scoring points, Gould is gold. We'll likely play Dallas in the NFCCG, and in the playoffs can't risk a shaky kicker…
Share 49ersWebzone