49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 264 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Robbie is good enough to take his time. He can retire, sign just before the season with anyone, or sit out and sign mid-season.

Personally I'd let him go only because of cost. With all these picks, you draft one and bring in a couple UDFAs.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Have a feeling he'll be back after not signing anywhere else yet. Love Robbie and what he's done for us but am tired of his weak kickoffs.

Me too. I hate holding my breath every time the kick returner Starts returning at the damn 5 yard line. We should just sign Crosby or Bullock. Preferably Crosby if he's 1-2 million less than Gould

Suggesting Bullock might be ban-worthy. :) Dude STINKS...even more so in big moments.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Have a feeling he'll be back after not signing anywhere else yet. Love Robbie and what he's done for us but am tired of his weak kickoffs.

Me too. I hate holding my breath every time the kick returner Starts returning at the damn 5 yard line. We should just sign Crosby or Bullock. Preferably Crosby if he's 1-2 million less than Gould

Suggesting Bullock might be ban-worthy. :) Dude STINKS...even more so in big moments.

Last year he hit 17 out of 20 field goals, the only ones he missed were two from 40+ yards and one from 50+ yards. He hit every extra point as well. Not sure what you are looking at
Waiting for the news "Gould Re-signs" anytime now.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Can't lose him, too clutch.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Make it so!!! I just wish there was a way Gould or Mitch could kick the damn ball in the end zone
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Make it so!!! I just wish there was a way Gould or Mitch could kick the damn ball in the end zone

Robby did a good job this year, he got the ball in the end zone consistently.

He wasn't that bad you're right but too many times we kicked it inside the 5 yard line and returners burned us with field position. Talk about my manhood tingling every time the opposing team returns it
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

He wasn't that bad you're right but too many times we kicked it inside the 5 yard line and returners burned us with field position. Talk about my manhood tingling every time the opposing team returns it

I hear you.
Personally I hope they move on.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Personally I hope they move on.

Let him retire a Niner, he's earned it.

Dallas was a laughing stock heading into the divisional round because of their kicker, and that ain't anywhere I want to see us. I know these guys aren't the most important on the field, but damn! That's the last thing I want to worry about. Especially in the playoffs, these guys almost always make the difference between winning and losing.
Wonder if we've tried using a gift basket to lure him back.
Why did he say he would be kicking elsewhere? Maybe he kicked tires on the market and saw no interest probably due to his age. Is that what is going on here? Now he wants his job back?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Why did he say he would be kicking elsewhere? Maybe he kicked tires on the market and saw no interest probably due to his age. Is that what is going on here? Now he wants his job back?

Your out of your mind.
Share 49ersWebzone