There are 337 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Ok, so franchise him.

Makes sense... Still not impressed with this amature front office.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
take that $9m you're gonna hand over to that worthless sack of crap Armstead and put it towards a new deal with Gould.

Ok, so franchise him.

Its a sad day in ninerland when the fans have more common sense than Lynch. He will probably ask Garnett to be the new kicker.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
take that $9m you're gonna hand over to that worthless sack of crap Armstead and put it towards a new deal with Gould.

give him Garcon/M. Smith/Ward/Trashstead money problem solved
even our best player doesn't want to play for this team.

Originally posted by jcs:

Ok, so franchise him.

Makes sense... Still not impressed with this amature front office.

Originally posted by pdizo916:

Ok, so franchise him.

Its a sad day in ninerland when the fans have more common sense than Lynch. He will probably ask Garnett to be the new kicker.

4 facepalms for all 4 posts.

Just sad guys.

right? jeez
I know we all really want to re-sign Gould, but does anyone really truly believe he isnt going back to Chicago? Especially with how the Bears season ended?

Gould is is as good as gone. Its time to start looking elsewhere. He clearly wants to be in Chicago.
love Gould, but he's a kicker good lord people...what the hell do you actually want to pay him?? $4+ million per yr? That's what the highest paid K is getting currently.

end of the day if he wants to go home to be with his family it is what it is.
If we don't at least tag him, I'm done with Lynch. Was already nearly done with him after the trade deadline and this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Being a doormat and not treating this like a business is exactly how you stay in the basement year-in and year-out.

***ING. TAG HIM. This is EXACTLY why the franchise tag exists.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Jan 31, 2019 at 10:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
If we don't at least tag him, I'm done with Lynch. Was already nearly done with him after the trade deadline and this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Being a doormat and not treating this like a business is exactly how you stay in the basement year-in and year-out.

so not tagging a kicker is the end for ya? lol

Originally posted by NYniner85:

so not tagging a kicker is the end for ya? lol

It's not just about failing to keep arguably the best kicker in the league. It's about being a doormat and not treating this properly like a business.

Not at least tagging one of your best players is how you get worse and the rest of the league gets better. We're going to be one of those bottom-feeder teams that just bends over to the top teams for a loooooooong time if this is truly Lynch's mindset.

He'll probably let Kittle and Buckner go when their contracts expire too. Gotta be nice and let them go to wherever they want!

Seriously I'm appalled that there are actually fans in this thread already defending Lynch. I try to be realistic too but this is a big red flag for me. You don't let one of your best players walk when you have all the cap space in the world. You just don't. You ESPECIALLY don't do it just to be a nice guy when this is a competitive business.

Letting your best players walk is how bad teams stay bad and get worse.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Jan 31, 2019 at 10:44 AM ]
It's not just about failing to keep arguably the best kicker in the league. It's about being a doormat and not treating this properly like a business.

Not at least tagging one of your best players is how you get worse and the rest of the league gets better. We're going to be one of those bottom-feeder teams that just bends over to the top teams for a loooooooong time if this is truly Lynch's mindset.

He'll probably let Kittle and Buckner go when their contracts expire too. Gotta be nice and let them go to wherever they want!

Seriously I'm appalled that there are actually fans in this thread already defending Lynch. I try to be realistic too but this is a big red flag for me. You don't let one of your best players walk when you have all the cap space in the world. You just don't. You ESPECIALLY don't do it just to be a nice guy when this is a competitive business.

best kicker in the league? say what...top 10 sure. Dude is going into his 15th season, he's not some young prime edge rusher or some s**t lol. he's a f**king old kicker.

not tagging a kicker doesn't make this team a doormat lol that's a horrible analogy. We also have no idea if they will or won't you can't tag players yet. I'm fine either way, there's plenty of good young kickers out on the market. I'll take the kicker from KC, NO, NY, Minn, Jags etc....
dudes going back home to Chicago .... we might as well start looking for a new kicker right now. his families in Chicago...I think I read where this dude has a love affair with the windy city. As bad as Chicago seems to need a kicker ,this will be a marriage made in heaven.... by the way, what does the free agent market for kickers look like this year?
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
dudes going back home to Chicago .... we might as well start looking for a new kicker right now. his families in Chicago...I think I read where this dude has a love affair with the windy city. As bad as Chicago seems to need a kicker ,this will be a marriage made in heaven.... by the way, what does the free agent market for kickers look like this year?

Looks real good actually
Originally posted by NYniner85:

best kicker in the league? say what...top 10 sure. Dude is going into his 15th season, he's not some young prime edge rusher or some s**t lol. he's a f**king old kicker.

not tagging a kicker doesn't make this team a doormat lol that's a horrible analogy. We also have no idea if they will or won't you can't tag players yet. I'm fine either way, there's plenty of good young kickers out on the market. I'll take the kicker from KC, NO, NY, Minn, Jags etc....

NY you're reaching hard on this one. Kickers can play forever. That kicker in Indy is 10 years older making nearly what you don't want to pay Gould. 36 is not old for kickers now. Matt Bryant is 43 too.
Share 49ersWebzone