There are 297 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
dudes going back home to Chicago .... we might as well start looking for a new kicker right now. his families in Chicago...I think I read where this dude has a love affair with the windy city. As bad as Chicago seems to need a kicker ,this will be a marriage made in heaven.... by the way, what does the free agent market for kickers look like this year?

Looks real good actually

I wouldn't call this "real good"

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/kicker/
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
dudes going back home to Chicago .... we might as well start looking for a new kicker right now. his families in Chicago...I think I read where this dude has a love affair with the windy city. As bad as Chicago seems to need a kicker ,this will be a marriage made in heaven.... by the way, what does the free agent market for kickers look like this year?

Looks real good actually

well then ... lets just get on with it... we wont let one old a&& kicker from from the frozen tundra ruin our path to glory lol!!! free agent kickers ... beware ..... Sourdough Sam and john lynch are coming to get you
[ Edited by swaccmac1 on Jan 31, 2019 at 11:17 AM ]
Tag him.

Then when the Bears take a big step back and we take a big step forward we'll see where he wants to take a chance at a SB ring.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
NY you're reaching hard on this one. Kickers can play forever. That kicker in Indy is 10 years older making nearly what you don't want to pay Gould. 36 is not old for kickers now. Matt Bryant is 43 too.

Reaching hard on what...this guy is taking about how this will be the straw to break the camels back lol.

Dude has been in the league for 15 yrs that's not what the tag is for...let him spend his last two yrs in the city he loves with his family. Go sign a good young kicker.
Originally posted by SoCold:

Huh? I'll take the most accurate kicker in history in Dan Bailey, I'll take Lutz, Gostkowski, Lambo, etc...no one was in love with Gould when he came in. It's a kicker.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 31, 2019 at 11:53 AM ]

Huh? I'll take the most accurate kicker in history in Dan Bailey, I'll take Lutz, Gostkowski, Lambo, etc...no one was in love with Gould when he came in. It's kicker good lord

Bailey was 75% with Dallas and they cut him. He missed 7 FGs in 2018, 75%. Looks like he might have lost his touch?

Lutz is a RFA, you think NO would let him walk?

Gostkowski is 35 years old. He makes twice as much as Gould. Doesn't really fit what you're saying.

Lambo's coming off of IR. Kinda risky.

Just saying it's not easy to find good kickers. Most teams keep the when they find them.
Yeah they're just kickers. Until they miss FGs and cost you games.
NY you're reaching hard on this one. Kickers can play forever. That kicker in Indy is 10 years older making nearly what you don't want to pay Gould. 36 is not old for kickers now. Matt Bryant is 43 too.

Reaching hard on what...this guy is taking about how this will be the straw to break the camels back lol.

Dude has been in the league for 15 yrs that's not what the tag is for...let him spend his last two yrs in the city he loves with his family. Go sign a good young kicker.

The tag averages the top 5 contracts right? Of course he deserves that. Not saying I agree with that being my breaking point with JL but I think it would be smart to tag him.

What you're ignoring that kickers have consistently play into their early to mid 40's. That's why you're reaching saying he is old.

As far as FA best case scenario you're assuming we will get one of those top kickers? And then we will have to pay them what we would with Gould anyway. Lol So I don't get your reasoning on not wanting to tag him.
Bailey was 75% with Dallas and they cut him. He missed 7 FGs in 2018, 75%. Looks like he might have lost his touch?

Gostkowski is 35 years old. He makes twice as much as Gould. Doesn't really fit what you're saying.

Just saying it's not easy to find good kickers. Most teams keep the when they find them.

Kind of wish we had a crappy kicker during our rebuild to ensure losing more games lol. Seriously though, I hope the 49ers make a strong push to sign Gould and if he doesn't want to stay, let him go with no tag. I hope we can find another good kicker, as the Jose Cortez days were dreadful.
The tag averages the top 5 contracts right? Of course he deserves that. Not saying I agree with that being my breaking point with JL but I think it would be smart to tag him.

What you're ignoring that kickers have consistently play into their early to mid 40's. That's why you're reaching saying he is old.

As far as FA best case scenario you're assuming we will get one of those top kickers? And then we will have to pay them what we would with Gould anyway. Lol So I don't get your reasoning on not wanting to tag him.

Hey if they tag him cool, if they don't I'm not gonna say I'm done with this FO lol. End of the day he's a kicker who probably has a couple yrs left and wants to play near his family.

I never said kickers couldn't play into their 40s, just saying not many players at 37 get tagged (that's my pt).

If he doesn't want to play here, I think at this pt in his career he's earned that right to go. It's not like he's a young edge rusher or a QB in his prime like some people are making it out to be.

There's about 4 or 5 really good young kickers that they can sign long term, that imo can get the job done. I'm not gonna complain over a kicker end of the day. especially one that doesn't want to be here.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 31, 2019 at 1:21 PM ]

Sorry 2nd most accurate kicker in history...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/09/01/cowboys-surprisingly-waive-kicker-dan-bailey-in-roster-cuts/37690763/

What am I saying then? All I said was it's not the end of the world if Gould goes. You got fans in here saying that's the last straw with this FO. Give me a break.

They tag him cool, I don't want him to leave... if they don't I'm not gonna jump off the Golden Gate Bridge man.

Gould has 14 yrs in this league, he's earned the right to say I want to play near my family. If he doesn't want to play here I'm not gonna force him to stay for one more yr then have to deal with finding a kicker all over again.

Jason Myers is another guy he hit over 90% of his FGs in NJ
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 31, 2019 at 2:14 PM ]

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
If we don't at least tag him, I'm done with Lynch. Was already nearly done with him after the trade deadline and this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Being a doormat and not treating this like a business is exactly how you stay in the basement year-in and year-out.

***ING. TAG HIM. This is EXACTLY why the franchise tag exists.

Exactly. You can't cheer for rock stupid. You can also add the real decision makers on this, Paraag/York.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Exactly. You can't cheer for rock stupid. You can also add the real decision makers on this, Paraag/York.

So you're gonna tag a 14 yr vet who doesn't want to play for you, just so you can have him on the roster for one yr?

I don't think it's that SF doesn't want to pay him and more that he wants to be closer to his family

Not sure why you bring up Jed? Dude has shown no sign of being a tight wad.

Sorry 2nd most accurate kicker in history...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/09/01/cowboys-surprisingly-waive-kicker-dan-bailey-in-roster-cuts/37690763/

What am I saying then? All I said was it's not the end of the world if Gould goes. You got fans in here saying that's the last straw with this FO. Give me a break.

They tag him cool, I don't want him to leave... if they don't I'm not gonna jump off the Golden Gate Bridge man.

Gould has 14 yrs in this league, he's earned the right to say I want to play near my family. If he doesn't want to play here I'm not gonna force him to stay for one more yr then have to deal with finding a kicker all over again.

Jason Myers is another guy he hit over 90% of his FGs in NJ

It's a show me now what have you done for me lately league. Bailey has made 75% of his FGs the last two years. Half of all those games in domes. Not good.

The part that doesnt fit was you say Gould is old and not worth the money on a longer deal. Then saying you'd take Gostkowski whos only 2 years younger. He could take a $500k pay cut to stay with NE and still make double what Gould got last season.

Yes the tricky part is trying to get him to stay. s**t I'd offer him a 3 year deal. Whatever. He's been one of the top kickers in the game, pay him like one. Chicago was dumb to let him get away and they've been looking for a kicker since.

Myers is intriguing. If the Jets are smart they'll show him the money. Anyone know if he hates NJ and loves brutal Levi's heat?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

So you're gonna tag a 14 yr vet who doesn't want to play for you, just so you can have him on the roster for one yr?

I don't think it's that SF doesn't want to pay him and more that he wants to be closer to his family

Not sure why you bring up Jed? Dude has shown no sign of being a tight wad.

Yes. If we feck this up theres no forgiveness.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Kind of wish we had a crappy kicker during our rebuild to ensure losing more games lol. Seriously though, I hope the 49ers make a strong push to sign Gould and if he doesn't want to stay, let him go with no tag. I hope we can find another good kicker, as the Jose Cortez days were dreadful.

Are you referring to the current 3 year rebuild or the 17 year nightmare rebuild ( sans Harbaugh ) ?
Share 49ersWebzone