There are 179 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by John_Candy:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/123220-kyle-shanahan-expects-kicker-robbie-gould-back-49ers/

"I'm also expecting and looking forward to having Robbie back in a Niners uniform next year."

Alright then.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Get it done.

9ers like $60m under the cap and fools be worried about a few mill for a kicker. My gosh!
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Minn was replacing kickers this year

And then the rookie kicker they cut went to Oakland and pretty much couldn't miss. The Vikings are just cursed to be screwed over by their kickers until the end of time.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
See the weather in Chicago the past week? Gould wears gold next year.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Imagine having one of the best players in the league at his position, no superior guaranteed options, thinking that 2019 is your year to make a playoff run and being like... nah, we should save that $1M.

I don't get folks that aren't full on positive on signing (re-signing) Gould. Good grief we dropped what....$2mil...or was it $4 mil on Gillam, and he was a mess before he came here, and he ended up producing NOTHING. Here we got a guy who won what....maybe 4 games in 2 yrs, on a team that won an average of 5 games the last two seasons? Did Gould help us win 40% of the games we won?

Gould is GOLD. Just sign the guy, and if it is double his $2mil, hey , at LEAST we know a commodity that produces, has produced in the past , and is primed to produce in the future. What is so hard to understand with that ? We have signed some true starting players on both O and D. But we also have signed some really bad players. Here we got GOLD...just make sure we keep it.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Imagine having one of the best players in the league at his position, no superior guaranteed options, thinking that 2019 is your year to make a playoff run and being like... nah, we should save that $1M.

I don't get folks that aren't full on positive on signing (re-signing) Gould. Good grief we dropped what....$2mil...or was it $4 mil on Gillam, and he was a mess before he came here, and he ended up producing NOTHING. Here we got a guy who won what....maybe 4 games in 2 yrs, on a team that won an average of 5 games the last two seasons? Did Gould help us win 40% of the games we won?

Gould is GOLD. Just sign the guy, and if it is double his $2mil, hey , at LEAST we know a commodity that produces, has produced in the past , and is primed to produce in the future. What is so hard to understand with that ? We have signed some true starting players on both O and D. But we also have signed some really bad players. Here we got GOLD...just make sure we keep it.

Are folks saying we shouldnt re-sign him? I havent seen that really. Most are just assuming he wants to be back in Chicago.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Are folks saying we shouldnt re-sign him? I havent seen that really. Most are just assuming he wants to be back in Chicago.

nah, just that we won't. Negativity prevails at times like this.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Get it done.

9ers like $60m under the cap and fools be worried about a few mill for a kicker. My gosh!

And they want to keep ward and armstead.
With all the problems that teams were having with kickers last year, I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners franchise tagged Gould.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
With all the problems that teams were having with kickers last year, I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners franchise tagged Gould.

I wouldnt be surprised if they let him go and try to draft his replacement.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Howlett49:

I wouldnt be surprised if they let him go and try to draft his replacement.

They only have 5 draft picks. Using one of them on a kicker would suck ass
Gostkowski. Another reason we need to secure gould now.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

nah, just that we won't. Negativity prevails at times like this.

Truth!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
In before somebody tells us it's a good idea to sign Matt Bryant.

The dude will be 44 and is constantly injured. That's why he's being released. Hard pass.

Sign/tag Gould. Make him the highest paid kicker in the game.
[ Edited by okdkid on Feb 6, 2019 at 9:37 AM ]
Matt Bryant was released so there is definitely an option available if Gould doesnt re-sign with us.
Share 49ersWebzone