There are 248 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dj43:
Chicago is very tight agains the cap and have Bryce Callahan to resign. A lot of changes have to be made to give Gould a two or three year deal.

Yup. All while already having 5.2 mil count against their cap for Parkey.
f**k...
Franchise tag him
If "good guy" Lynch lets Gould walk and brings in someone that ends up missing FGs and costing us games...
It's a make or break year for John Lynch, and it starts with giving the Tag to Gould.
It's obvious he doesn't want to be here.

Find the next guy.
So far in his coaching career Shanny is too stubborn down at the goal line and his offenses haven't been great. Should change with added weapons BUT we need an auto kicker until that straightened out
Franchise tag him then work on the long term contract.
Why t f would he want to go back to Chicago? They treat their kickers like trash , death threats and all.

I can't believe this is an issue. Not sure if it's just a product of the 24-hour news cycle or what, but it cannot be this hard to sign a kicker to an extension, given our cap situation.
Robbie isn't going to go back to the Bears, they don't have the cap space to bring him in. He's going to get somewhere around what Lambo just got from Jacksonville (15 mil for 4 years). The Bears can't afford that with Parkey being a 5 mil cap hit if cut.

As of right now, it looks like the Bears have 7 mil in cap space.

I don't blame Robbie if he wants the best deal for his family, especially since he's getting towards the end of his career.

I have no doubt they'll get something worked out. Robbie can't talk to any other team until Mar 11th. There's no need to worry until that date hits. I'll start worrying if he's still not signed by that date.
[ Edited by linkboy on Feb 18, 2019 at 8:10 AM ]

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Why t f would he want to go back to Chicago? They treat their kickers like trash , death threats and all.

cuz they're a good team. unlike ours.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I can't believe this is an issue. Not sure if it's just a product of the 24-hour news cycle or what, but it cannot be this hard to sign a kicker to an extension, given our cap situation.

gotta save that money for armstead.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
He's not going anywhere!!!

ESPN's Nick Wagoner believes Robbie Gould will be franchise tagged if he and the 49ers cannot reach a long-term deal.
Gould has converted 96 percent of his field goal attempts during his two seasons in San Francisco, and the 49ers are not going to let that kind of consistency at an inconsistent position walk out the door. If he is tagged, Gould will be scheduled to make around $5 million in 2019.

Source: ESPN
Feb 18, 2019, 6:06 AM
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

gotta save that money for armstead.

Don't play.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
using the franchise tag on a kicker.... that moment you realize your franchise has hit rock bottom.
Share 49ersWebzone