49ers WR Deebo Samuel will miss 'a couple of weeks' with calf strain →

There are 176 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
LOL

Buckner is better than Thomas, dude.

At what? Pass rush? Maybe. We don't know for sure because Thomas never gets anywhere near the pass rush snaps inside that Buckner gets. I would guess it's rather close there.

In run defense? He's not even in the same universe as Thomas. Thomas is one of the best interior run defenders in the league, and Buckner is one of the worst.

I can provide a million examples of how bad Buckner is against the run.

Here are some more against the Bucs:

https://www.nbafullhd.com/95600-2/

Head to the drive starting at 27:00.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Opposite day?

Uh, no? Did you even watch the videos?

This stuff isn't even debatable, dude. It's clear as day.
This dude is definitely pulling an Antonio Brown on us. That's Solly on a burner account for sure.

Antonio Brown may be operating a burner account
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
This dude is definitely pulling an Antonio Brown on us. That's Solly on a burner account for sure.

Accusing people of being a "burner account" is the tactic people always resort to when they have no argument.
[ Edited by JustWin2019 on Nov 26, 2019 at 8:07 AM ]

Lol
Originally posted by JustWin2019:

Accusing people of being a "burner account" is the tactic people always resort to when they have no argument.

There is no argument to make when the other person believes Solly is "the purest DT" and that he's "one of the best interior defenders in the league". You can't argue with crazy.
There is no argument to make when the other person believes Solly is "the purest DT" and that he's "one of the best interior defenders in the league". You can't argue with crazy.

"Calling" a true statement "crazy" does not make it false. People also called Galileo "crazy" for saying the sun is the center of the solar system.

I have provided proof of my claims, and you have nothing left but to plug your ears and claim you don't hear me.

That's funny but I think this guy use to argue with SteveYoung and they both apparently have been here forever. He's just a pbm who loves Solly.

"Calling" a true statement "crazy" does not make it false. People also called Galileo "crazy" for saying the sun is the center of the solar system.

I have provided proof of my claims, and you have nothing left but to plug your ears and claim you don't hear me.

tbh while you have provided some clips it doesn't prove your point entirely. Every player will have plays that they get beat.Buckner at the end of the day is still more consistently better, both against the run and getting to the QB than Solly.
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
tbh while you have provided some clips it doesn't prove your point entirely. Every player will have plays that they get beat.Buckner at the end of the day is still more consistently better, both against the run and getting to the QB than Solly.

Buckner is nowhere near Thomas in run defense at the point. It's not even close when you watch them every play.

People keep talking about "you don't see 270 pound defensive tackles." You know what you never see? 6'7" nose tackles. Nose tackles have always been classically shorter by defensive lineman standards. You know why? Because being tall is not good for leverage.

Buckner may be a better pass rusher, but Thomas hasn't gotten nearly the opportunities inside to say what he can and can not do there. Buckner has gotten 40+ snaps inside nearly every game he played from the beginning. Thomas has never gotten 30+ snaps inside in his NFL career. When he has played inside, he has had a good ratio of pressures/hits to snaps. He flashes there, unlike outside, where he never does anything.

Doesn't matter. Buckner is our 3 tech end of story. From day 1 Thomas never had a chance at that position. We drafted him to possibly replace AA. That's big end/ pass rushing dt and AA is far superior to him at this point.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 26, 2019 at 9:16 AM ]
At what? Pass rush? Maybe. We don't know for sure because Thomas never gets anywhere near the pass rush snaps inside that Buckner gets. I would guess it's rather close there.

In run defense? He's not even in the same universe as Thomas. Thomas is one of the best interior run defenders in the league, and Buckner is one of the worst.

I can provide a million examples of how bad Buckner is against the run.

Here are some more against the Bucs:

https://www.nbafullhd.com/95600-2/

Head to the drive starting at 27:00.

***EDIT*** I retract bolding the first line. The bold should apply to the entire post.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Nov 26, 2019 at 9:50 AM ]
Thomas for an extra pick on draft night please. We have so much depth he's a ghost.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Nov 26, 2019 at 10:16 AM ]
I am so disappointed in Thomas. He is kinda bust.

I don't care how many sock puppet accounts you have but I'm still not seeing the point in politicking other webzone users for more playing time for Soloman T. Doesn't make sense.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Nov 26, 2019 at 10:37 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone