There are 794 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
He reminds me a lot of drew brees. Not that he is will be as good as him, just his stature, throwing motion and the way the ball looks when it comes out.

hopefully he can be like him!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
LMAO
Shanahan on Beathard.

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/858169690123665409

Its good to have people in charge who at least coherently can explain their thought process behind the picks.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 28, 2017 at 9:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
I find it interesting that some would think they can evaluate what it takes to be an NFL QB better than Shanny.

I'm just puzzled by trading up for Beathard. If Shanahan likes him that is fine, I'm just not optimistic that he'll ever live up to his draft status. This is a 5th, 6th round kinda dood IMO.

Well I agree with you, that him being a late third round pick is completely shocking. Total surprise. Out of no where.

Then I saw this:

So maybe they knew something was up?

He was basically our 4th round choice + a 7th. If Shanny chose him, how can we not trust his call?
Matt Barrows‏Verified account @mattbarrows 2m2 minutes agoMore

Shanahan said Hoyer is starter and Barkley is No. 2. Said Beathard is a developmental QB now who has a chance to be more than that later.
Have at it, Beathard vs Peterman, 2015:

Shanahan on Beathard.

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/858169690123665409

Its good to have people in charge at at least coherently can explain their thought process behind the picks.

i will say this ....the draft is giving me ample time to test out the ignore feature,
Matt Barrows‏Verified account @mattbarrows 5m5 minutes agoMore

Shanahan said the fact that Beathard played in a pro-style system at Iowa made him easy to evaluate. Called him 'fearless.'
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:
Throw at 1:22 wasn't bad

Maybe lobo was right. Check out the kid's throw at the 3:02 mark.

Matt Barrows‏Verified account @mattbarrows 7m7 minutes agoMore

Kyle Shanahan on CJ Beathard: 'I think he lives and dies football. He's from a football family.'
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by slowriot:
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:

lol

So dead lol
All I can say is Shanny must like what he has seen in him and I trust in the new regime, no one can tell the future and no one knows what we got in him until he plays, you never kno, also if I'm C.J. I'm listening to all the criticism and using it as fuel to my fire and have a chip on my shoulder going in..no one knows the future so what we all think is the worst pick could turn out to be the best..
Lol hate this pick

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!

Wth shanny

I can see part of the appeal with Beathard. Pro-style QB. Good arm strength. Stands tall in the pocket.

However, wasn't overly impressed with his college career. At this point in the draft, you are taking a QB with some flaws. He has tools to work with but I see him strictly as a backup who's a long shot to become a starter. Not a fan of the pick tbh, but will have to defer to Shanahan's expertise on this one.

Cousins 2018
Share 49ersWebzone