There are 229 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Now everyone don't get your panties in a bunch. There's a reason why Kyle is a HC of an NFL team and we're not.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I really don't know what to think, but I do love Metallica so this could work out
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Stupid to move up for this scrub

He would've been there tomorrow. No need to move up

Chaz of Rap. Hm. I think I'll go with Rap when it comes to NFL inside info.
Originally posted by father49er:

Interesting. Shanny pick. Like a bigger version of Brees and some similarity to Cousins.

Coke is a hell of a drug. Makes you say things youll regret the next day.
Originally posted by MasterBlaster:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Just went from an A+ draft to a B IMO

Agreed. This seems like an old Al Davis pick outsmarting only himself. Joe Montana at 3rd round made sense since he atleast had won a National Championship. But this guy...

This guy wore #16 in college
He's not wearing 16 thats for sure
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
John Lynch needs some sleep he's been up since 3am yesterday lol

Biker meth finally ran out.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

We spent 80 points on a backup.

Hopefully a long-term, cheap backup so he's at least worth it.
Lmao shanny just said dudes not starter material. 3rd stringer straight up

WHY TRADE UP THEN
Eric Branch‏ @Eric_Branch 4m4 minutes agoMore

Kyle Shanahan on Beathard: "He's a leader. He's tough. He processes very well. Extremely accurate and I think he lives and dies football."

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Viperboy:
I wonder how Lobo 49er feels about the pick ?

I trust Shanny's judgement. And I stand amazed at how many people seem to think they know more about NFL QBs than Shanny.
All of this here

I really think people need to really calm the hell down. Gonna quote myself from another post:

Well, imma trust that this is a guy that Shanny has wanted to develop. What I've been reading about this kid he fits with what Shanny wants to do offensively:

Pro Football Focus - "Beathard's arm is very good, as he can make the majority of NFL throws. He is a fastball thrower, with little to no finesse in his game of being a true passer. When he is playing in rhythm and knows where to go with the ball, he delivers on time and accurately. Certain throws required to throw up and over defenders he struggles with, as he needs a clear lane to throw through. The biggest questions come with his feel in the pocket and ability to see the field clearly to consistently get through reads, as well as decision-making particularly late in the down. Beathard's arm and overall game is enough to warrant a late-round selection and a chance to develop as a third-string QB."

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/105631-round-pick-49ers-select-iowa-beathard/

I think we have a kid that Shanny can take his time to develop and clean him up. He played in a pro-style system, so I think the academics of the pro game won't be a major learning curve as some of the other QB's. So, In Shanny I Trust.
This criticism is really ridiculous. Every QB Shanny has worked with he's improved. I didn't see this coming either, but looking at what this kid brings he looks to be the type of QB that can run Shanny's offense. Plus the NO preassure at all for him to start. With a 6 year coaching contract Shanny has incentive to take his time developing, and not rush him to the field. We got him at the end of the 3rd round for crying out loud.

People really need to get a grip.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Apr 28, 2017 at 9:29 PM ]
damn.........

NFL draft card makes him sound terrible.......

Like hideous

30% completion rate on passes over 20 yards in college?

Was this a favor to Bobby?
Originally posted by slowriot:
Matt Maiocco‏Verified account @MaioccoNBCS 16s16 seconds agoMore

#49ers coach Kyle Shanahan: "By no means did we come into this draft thinking we're going to get a guy to compete with Brian (Hoyer)."

We came into this draft to replace Brian.
Originally posted by slowriot:
Nick Wagoner‏Verified account @nwagoner 5m5 minutes agoMore

To be clear, Kyle Shanahan said he believes Beathard can eventually develop to compete for starting job. Just not immediately.

Wow. Just think bout that. A guy from a pro-style offense who is very smart will take years just to develop in Shanny's system and compete........WTF is wrong with this coach? This is like the antithesis of how the other teams operate. Another team with such a complicated offense is O'Brien in Houston. These guys scream of never winning. You gotta give them a decade to produce.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Now everyone don't get your panties in a bunch. There's a reason why Kyle is a HC of an NFL team and we're not.

Its clear he has an eye for QBs too. That alone makes me a little intrigued with Beathard, but in the 3rd rd you're really looking at a developmental backup QB with small chance of being a starter. We'll see how he develops, but I think the plan is clearly to defer on QBs this year and go hard after Cousins in 2018 or top QB prospect in next years draft.
Share 49ersWebzone