There are 224 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Joe Fann‏Verified account @Joe_Fann 3m3 minutes agoMore

Kyle Shanahan on QB C.J. Beathard: "We've got a lot of confidence in him. That's why we took him."
Originally posted by genus49:
Some of you are absolutely ridiculous.

I didn't like the pick, especially with Nate Peterman there but our HC has a track record of being spot on in his QB evaluations. I'll trust him or at least give him the benefit of the doubt on this pick.

Trading away a 7th rounder is not a big deal. Anyone thinking they know bettter than Shanahan can go...

Not sure how anyone can b***h after Thomas, Foster and Witherspoon and extra picks next year to help us add players or use the picks to move up.

Exactly.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I don't understand how anyone can b***h about this. People seemed to have been really happy that were pounding defense hard already. We were already expected to suck ass on offense this year and tank for 2018.

Unless they wanted to target a specific EDGE player or WR in the late 3rd.

Actually...

Yeah I wanted Lawson lol
Originally posted by slowriot:

Kyle Shanahan on QB C.J. Beathard: "We've got a lot of confidence in him. That's why we took him."

Apperently this still isn't good enough for some of us?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pepemontana:
At least his grandfather was a hell of a GM

Down the road the 9ers trade him to the Redskins where his grandfather is a legend as their replacement for Cousins.

Good point, put him in a position to have a Garappolo type of game during the season, trade him to the Redskins and they won't feel that bad
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Let me guess, PFF says he's the next rothlesburger

PFF loves his arm, but says he's a 1 read qb who needs to be developed.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Noodle arm
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
PFF loves his arm, but says he's a 1 read qb who needs to be developed.

I am lazy - how tall is he?
Smh. I miss baalke
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Kap fans are crying the loudest.

This pick made me scratch my head but it's pretty much a 4th rd pick. QB's taken in the 4th or un this case at the end of the third aren't expected to be the FQB.

Thus, it is what it is. Shanahan has a real history of picking good QB's late and none of us have that history so we should shut up.

Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This combined with the beat hard comments, LMAO you guys are too much.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Smh. I miss baalke

Haha
I trust Shanny's judgement. And I stand amazed at how many people seem to think they know more about NFL QBs than Shanny.

Anxious to see this kid's progress. Atleast we can compare him to Peterman as his success barometer. He obviously has Shanahan's qb traits. Unlike most if not all of us, Shanahan studied hours and hours of college qb film.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Noodle arm

Huh.

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Lots of quality players available. Too early for a questionable pick. I guess we have to take this one on faith?

They could have gotten any third string quarterback this year and they can get a developmental quarterback next year with from a much better QB class. Makes no sense.
Share 49ersWebzone