There are 226 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
So does he have a strong arm or noodle arm? Lol I see both.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by slowriot:
Joe Fann‏Verified account @Joe_Fann 3m3 minutes agoMore

Kyle Shanahan on QB C.J. Beathard: "We've got a lot of confidence in him. That's why we took him."

Apperently this still isn't good enough for some of us?

I like his 2015 tape. All ten minutes of it that I watched. lol

We sound like Redskins fans when they took Cousins in the 4th round. A lot of them freaked out. Especially since they already took RG3 in the first.

I don't expect him to be as good as Cousins though. I'll be OK with the pick if he ends up being a serviceable backup.

We'll be going after QB in free agency and or the draft early in 2018. Anyhow, Shanahan knows what he wants/needs for his system so his opinion is all that matters.

If we took this guy in the second round I'd freak out but at the end of the third...whatever. It is what it is.
Shanahan praised Beathard for his leadership, toughness, work in a pro-style offense, and accuracy. I was a little confused at first because at first glance, Beathard completed 56.5 percent of his passes last season, and 61.6 percent the year before. However, Pro Football Focus ranked him as having the third in the nation for highest drop rate by his receivers. Additionally, while Beathard was sacked 58 times over two seasons, it was due to ridiculous pressure by defenses. According to PFF's Jeff Deeney, he led the nation in 2015 in playing under pressure, and was third in 2016.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/4/28/15482406/kyle-shanahan-cj-beathard-49ers-depth-chart-scouting-report
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
PFF loves his arm, but says he's a 1 read qb who needs to be developed.

I am lazy - how tall is he?

6'2" 220
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by gold49digger:

opposite of whatever PFF says.
Do u believe teams draft in the 3rd round for potential starters or good solid career back ups? Just want to see what some of you believe GM's do

6'2 220
This guy will compete for the starting job
This guy will compete for the starting job

6'2 220

Montana was 6 2
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

opposite of whatever PFF says.

He has a very strong arm. One of the best in this draft... check out his numbers and velocity measurements

Want opinion or measured data?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this is what happens when Lynch lets Shanahan have a say.
I don't really worry about them feeling the need to move up a few spots, just to make sure they get their guy.... even though everything else says that CJ was going to be available rounds later.

what I do worry about is what has stopped Potential Great Coaches, from being great was ego.

Kyle is the head coach of our team, not just the OC. I just hope he doesn't stick stubbornly with only "his way" with QBs, even if being cute with picks..no matter what...even at the expense of the rest the offense... the rest of the team.

I'm going to give CJ a chance obviously, but will be paying attention over these next years with Kyles approach to QBs. Seems he likes QBs who fit his system, over talent. Which would make sense... but Football is such a complex sport...that it's not that straight forward/simple.

I just don't want that to be his downfall down the road... Like Jim Harbough sticking with Roman/offensive approach. Mike Martz... Chip Kelly sticking to shut gun no matter what. All that knowledge, that potential...not coming to fruition because of ego.

Anyway, too much thinking on my part...lol.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this is what happens when Lynch lets Shanahan have a say.

Exactly! Yes, we let our QB guru pick a QB.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
PFF loves his arm, but says he's a 1 read qb who needs to be developed.

6'2" 220

Thank you.
Share 49ersWebzone