There are 344 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Kap sux, face it and move on. Oh yeah how's that prediction going where you said kap will be signed quickly once free agency starts???

Kap is better than any QB currently on our roster.

I couldn't predict NFL good old boy network politics,
  • thl408
Originally posted by TheNef77:

Tough film to watch

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/c-j-beathard/
The footwork, accuracy, and arm talent is there (55 yard money throw vs Miami (OH))
Takes a while to read, might be due to bad WR's not getting open.

I watched that game you linked and the 2015 Michigan State. Wish he threw more in the Wolverine game, so much man coverage and blitzes. Out of those two games, I saw a line check where he audibled (wish the Breakdown site would show more presnap for QBs), hot read recognition, decent pocket courage, ball placement on the correct shoulder, even to protect the WR. That's good trust in accuracy. I counted 2 very inaccurate throws. I see the translation to Shanahan's offense in this guy.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
I don't hate Beathard as a pick, but I question where he was picked and the need to move up. None of these dudes after Watson were going to be franchise QBs most likely.

Not to mention with all of our needs I don see trading up in the 3rd to grab a third string QB that won't play or be active during games. I understand a slow re-build but drafting this guy in the third is crazy!
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Interesting snippet from his media Q-and-A today:

What was the feedback you were getting leading up to the draft, as far as where people expected you to go that you heard?

"I mean, I heard anything from the third round to the sixth round. There was no pin-point on where I was supposed to go. So, you know I was just going to make sure I was ready for anything that happens, and that's what I'm doing right now. I was just ecstatic to get that phone call from Mr. Lynch and you know, I'm just pumped to be a 49er."

Give techno viking QB a chance.

That's who he reminds me of. He just need to shave his head.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Welcome to the team Young JAMES Hetfield

Dude, the guy played qargerback for Hogwarts. There's some magic in that arm.
[ Edited by 02-10DidNotHappen on Apr 28, 2017 at 11:06 PM ]
Guys relax.

As long as he turns out better than Russell Wilson, all will be ok.

We will build the defense to be at the level when Willis and Bowman roamed together, and just need a good enough QB.

Already Cousins is superior to Wilson, and other young guys too are just about better than Wilson too.
already 23 pages. qbs will always be polarizing.
Ugh odd pick

Hopefully KS is onto something that no one else saw
Originally posted by gold49digger:
already 23 pages. qbs will always be polarizing.

Most important position in the the game
I think think he may be just as good as Trubisky, so maybe there is a bright side LOL

If people are this devastated over losing #109 and #219 for this guy, imagine how Jags fans felt when they drafted a punter at #70 before Russel Wilson, or how Bucs fans felt when they traded #76 and #106 for a kicker...
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:

Dude, the guy played qargerback for Hogwarts. There's some magic in that arm.

I was like this guy is too goofy looking to win the SB(like that really matters)...then my wife reminded me of Payton Manning...I could not argue...
Perfect QB for what we're trying to do, will be the #3 QB this year, and will most likely be the back up next year taking over Barkley's spot.

We sign Cousins, Beathard can be the developmental back up, or if we draft QB high, Beathard can still be the developmental #3 behind the rookie and Hoyer.

Shanahan is literally the best offensive mind we've had since Walsh, if the guy chose Beathard over some of the more known names (Kaaya, Peterman, Dobbs) it was for a good reason, I trust him 100%.
A lot of anger from ppl bc of this pick, the fact is no one knows what this kid will be until he becomes it..I wasn't a big fan of any QBs after the 1st including Beathard but I'm not going to go crazy Bc he was taken, my question is how would it be different if Peterman was the pick ? I don't see much of a difference between the 2 as of now..
Wow

tough room

Funny I had a feeling this was going to be our guy but I say nah.
Share 49ersWebzone