There are 211 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
I gave up being a draft-nik years ago, because of picks like these. I came to realize coaches and GM's know so much more than me. Was this kid a reach, yeah maybe, but because some guys wearing wigs in front of a camera, and bunch of arm chair GM's never heard of him he sucks? I don't think so, maybe other GM's had him on their radar as a steal, due to his poor season last year. From what Ive read about him this morning, it seems like he was on path to be a very good QB, but had injuries to himself, and his team mates that dropped his draft stock.

We will see how this pans out, but even if it doesn't, Im very pleased with the work put in by the staff in this draft, keeping the faith, trusting Shanny.

Go Niniers!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Apr 29, 2017 at 7:19 AM ]
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This generation's clipboard Jesus. #SecondComing
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
100% a shanny pick

Lynch said he knows this was a reach but shanny liked him

Lynch didn't say that lol.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I gave up being a draft-nik years ago, because of picks like these. I came to realize coaches and GM's know so much more than me. Was this kid a reach, yeah maybe, but because some guys wearing wigs in front of a camera, and bunch of arm chair GM's never heard of him he sucks? I don't think so, maybe other GM's had him on their radar as a steal, due to his poor season last year. From what Ive read about him this morning, it seems like he was on path to be a very good QB, but had injuries to himself, and his team mates that dropped his draft stock.

We will see how this pans out, but even if it doesn't, Im very pleased with the work put in by the staff in this draft, keeping the faith, trusting Shanny.

Go Niniers!

At worst he bumps Barkley out of the #2 backup spot.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Vito_Corleone:
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
We sound like Redskins fans when they took Cousins in the 4th round. A lot of them freaked out.

Cousins was projected as rd 2-3, and he fell to the 4th.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69458&draftyear=2012&genpos=qb

Cousins was much better in college and he fell in the draft, was considered a draft day steal and good value

Beathard was projected ~ rd 6, and was a draft day reach and poor value .... it's a bad sign for their understanding of draft value

Looks like the same scouting report as
CJ Beathard

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kirk-cousins?id=2532820
He doesnt have that wig no more,he has a presentable hair cut now..

Can ya please see beyond his old goofy wig, his last name that CAN be purposely pronouced funny for s**ts and giggles, the possible reach you crybabies are stating AND JUST WATCH THE FILM!!!

The kid has serious F-ing potential!
[ Edited by FrozeReactionZ on Apr 29, 2017 at 7:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by KyleShanahan:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
100% a shanny pick

Lynch said he knows this was a reach but shanny liked him

Which I am fine with. If Shanahan wants a project to work with thats fine, but trading into the 3rd for him.. hurts. Unless someone was going to take him and we jumped them.. but idk.

We used our 4th round pick and then used a 7th round pick to move up like 5 spots. How does the trade hurt?

We don't trade up if we felt we could have gotten him later.
Originally posted by FrozeReactionZ:
How the FU*K can he possibly remind people of Hill, ya remind me of Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles! DUMB ASS comparisons..

I didnt know who he was but goddam...His arm is VERY good. His dropback is better then Kizer and ANY qb that went in round 1 especially under center.

Goes through reads, while having Eli/Brees pocket awareness

Playaction is convicing, excutes to perfection

From what Ive seen his accuracy is up to par

They say his football IQ is amazing

Pretty throwing mechanics

And he can take off for big gains

How does he compare to shaun Hill???? Unlike other stupid head coaches who strictly belive in the Mccshays, Mayocks and Kipers of the world to draft....drafting a qb this yr high was asinine (unless it was WATSON). Those other 1st rd QBs had no buisness being drafted that high especially Mahomes! Our HC actully did the home work in STUDYING and hand picking the qb who he thought had the BEST tools for his complex system. And not going by what the "expert" insinuated!

And just like the bears said they were ALL in on Glennon then LOL shock the world and take Mitch. Or how about when seattle gave hefty contract to Flyn, publicly penciled him as a starter, draft Wilson and it was history from there. Dont sleep becuse CJ has a LEGIT chance to start and make you forget about Kirk. Kirk is good but theres nothing Kirk can do that I see CJ not being able to do and ALOT CHEAPER TO!

So dont put to much stock in Shanny saying Hoyer is the starter, he wouldnt want to break the mans confidence knowing RIGHT THIS SECOND, Hoyer is the best option..not for long tough LOL

He may start earlier than people think. He had some seasoning with the pro offense. Good football background. Very optimistic for the young man to help our team
Its not all about draft value...Kyle liked him alot and they had 6-7 teams looking for QBs at that point

What the fu*k is so hard to comprehend???
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
"I just saw him battle through adversity," Shanahan said. "You look at the numbers and they weren't the same as the previous year. But numbers are something I very rarely look at."

"Just because there's an incompletion, just because you don't get the touchdown, it doesn't always mean it's the quarterback's fault. You got to watch to make sure people are getting open, how the rhythm of the offense is, the protections and the receivers. Are guys separating for him? And what are they asking him to do? How goes good does he do that?"

49ers defensive lineman Arik Armstead this week described the way new coach Kyle Shanahan operates.

"It's kind of like genius crazy, the stuff he does," Armstead said. "It's like, wow, he's that detailed. (He) knows so much about football, you got to have an insane, kind of crazy passion for it. And I think he does and I think that's what makes him a good coach."

Perhaps the latest example of Shanahan's "genius crazy" (crazy is a noun, in this case) was his first draft pick at quarterback as coach of his new team."

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/29/instant-analysis-qb-c-j-beathard-an-example-of-genius-crazy-kyle-shanahan/

LOL! The bold could easily go in the Alex Smith thread.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He may start earlier than people think. He had some seasoning with the pro offense. Good football background. Very optimistic for the young man to help our team

Good post man...I feel the same way!!!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

This is a great breakdown thanks!

The 5:40 minute mark: dude is moving the defense.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The 5:40 minute mark: dude is moving the defense.

Yep!
Let me see if I have this right.

Kyle tells the Texans to get Schaub.
Kyle tells the Browns to get Derek Carr.
Kyle tells the Browns to get Garoppolo.
Kyle tells the Redskins to get Cousins,

We hire Kyle.

We then ask Kyle to tell us a QB to get, because he seems to do that pretty well.

Kyle says CJ.

We get CJ.

Our QB guru just chose a QB. Now, at this point, you'd think the fan base would be ecstatic, or at least accepting. Uh, no.

The webzone is a fascinating place.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Let me see if I have this right.

Kyle tells the Texans to get Schaub.
Kyle tells the Browns to get Derek Carr.
Kyle tells the Browns to get Garoppolo.
Kyle tells the Redskins to get Cousins,

We hire Kyle.

We then ask Kyle to tell us a QB to get, because he seems to do that pretty well.

Kyle says CJ.

We get CJ.

Our QB guru just chose a QB. Now, at this point, you'd think the fan base would be ecstatic, or at least accepting. Uh, no.

The webzone is a fascinating place.

POST OF THE DAY!
Share 49ersWebzone