There are 245 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Should be our #2 going forward
Like Mullens, this is his 4th year in the offense. Would be interesting to see what he can do if we start him vs the Fins.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

If he came back to win it I'd say yah, but I'd still stick with Mullens.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Why? CJ is more talented. See if he can finally translate that talent to production.
Positives with CJ:

- Arm strength/general arm talent
- Athleticism/running ability
- Toughness/grit
- More experience, both in years in the offense and # of starts.
- Calm in the pocket.

Negatives:

- Almost too calm in the pocket -- Can hold the ball too long sometimes.
- Does not sense the speed of the rush from the edge well for some reason.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 5, 2020 at 8:06 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Why? CJ is more talented. See if he can finally translate that talent to production.

Mullens is the one who lost it, not CJ.

Tough call. Hard to demote Mullens after one bad game but then it was a horrific game, not just bad. I mean Jimmy on his worst day and with some of his worst throws probably doesn't put that crapfest together.

Yes Philly was playing prevent which makes it easier. But I still like how decisive he was coming in completely cold and how confident he seemed. Poor Nick even when we had a lead never really projected that the whole night.

I mean, he is who he is and we essentially know that. But I saw someone say he was the same old Beathard with happy feet at the end. Well, yeah. They started bringing or getting pressure and pushing the pocket back into him so I suppose his feet did get a bit happy. He did even take a sack as I recall.

Nick just never really had it and never really found it last night from the awful overthrow of Juice to the what the heck throw was that in the red zone to okay the seriously what the heck throw was that for the pick-six. Two nice throws to Kittle and that was pretty much the extent of his "good" play. Even his one off balance one footed floater across the field is begging for a pick six if a defender is there. Fortunately Kittle had the advantage and essentially boxed his man out and there was no other Eagle in sight. Otherwise Nick maybe is out of the game sooner. It was weird as some said because bad offensive line or not it was almost like he had never been on the field before.
CJ has the best arm in the QB group. His issues are mental. Wish we had pre-season to see his progression
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
CJ is good - he just needs the OL to protect him better.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 5, 2020 at 8:24 AM ]
Originally posted by OhioNiner:

Tough call. Hard to demote Mullens after one bad game but then it was a horrific game, not just bad. I mean Jimmy on his worst day and with some of his worst throws probably doesn't put that crapfest together.

Yes Philly was playing prevent which makes it easier. But I still like how decisive he was coming in completely cold and how confident he seemed. Poor Nick even when we had a lead never really projected that the whole night.

I mean, he is who he is and we essentially know that. But I saw someone say he was the same old Beathard with happy feet at the end. Well, yeah. They started bringing or getting pressure and pushing the pocket back into him so I suppose his feet did get a bit happy. He did even take a sack as I recall.

Nick just never really had it and never really found it last night from the awful overthrow of Juice to the what the heck throw was that in the red zone to okay the seriously what the heck throw was that for the pick-six. Two nice throws to Kittle and that was pretty much the extent of his "good" play. Even his one off balance one footed floater across the field is begging for a pick six if a defender is there. Fortunately Kittle had the advantage and essentially boxed his man out and there was no other Eagle in sight. Otherwise Nick maybe is out of the game sooner. It was weird as some said because bad offensive line or not it was almost like he had never been on the field before.

Agreed, Mullens looked absolutely frantic all night. CJB lost his job to Mullens last time because he was injured and Mullens played so well in his first game that they rode the hot hand after that. Might be time for the tables to be turned.

Came in prepared and made some nice throws.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

If there was a fault last night, it was that 2-pointer that he could have ran in. But otherwise he performed well.
Kittle and him are the only two that seemed to give a s**t about winning last night. Everyone else mailed it the f**k in.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

If there was a fault last night, it was that 2-pointer that he could have ran in. But otherwise he performed well.

agree. he should start if jimmy is a no go.. there is no reason he should not start kyle.. f**k nick
He looked good against a soft Eagles defense near the end. I would not get too carried away. We're still in trouble if he starts Sunday. I'll believe in him once he puts together 4 full quarters of football.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Oct 5, 2020 at 11:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone