There are 186 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
He looked good against a soft Eagles defense near the end. I would not get too carried away. We're still in trouble if he starts Sunday. I'll believe in him once he puts together 4 full quarters of football.

I agree. He made some nice throws but Philly's defense was gassed and playing prevent defense. He picked them apart.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Came in prepared and made some nice throws.

If there was a fault last night, it was that 2-pointer that he could have ran in. But otherwise he performed well.

agree. he should start if jimmy is a no go.. there is no reason he should not start kyle.. f**k nick

I love Mullens, but let's be honest, his biggest flaw is trying to do too much. He needs to realize when to pull it down and eat it. In limited action against the Jets, he fumbled twice and threw an inaccurate pass that Jet couldn't catch that wound up being a pick. I mean in 2.5 games, he's got 2 TDs, 3 INTs, and 3 fumbles (1 lost). Collectively, that's not a good stat line. His turnover numbers could definitely be even worse.

The Jets action you thought maybe it was just being put into action unexpectedly, but CJB had no problem coming in right away and leading a TD drive against a good defense (Eagles lead the league in sacks). I have to be honest, but I'm a lot more confident in CJB leading any comeback than Nick.
If Jimmy can't go again he should get the start
If Jimmy can't go, I hope that we atleast get Mostert back. That way we can just pound the rock.
BDCJ!!!!
Damn, CJ really got people fooled in here with that ezmode soft-zone drive that Jim Schwartz handed him last night. I hope Jimmy is ready to go because I don't think I can bear any more of Needle Dick Nick and Sleepy CJ Beathard.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by cciowa:

If there was a fault last night, it was that 2-pointer that he could have ran in. But otherwise he performed well.

agree. he should start if jimmy is a no go.. there is no reason he should not start kyle.. f**k nick

I love Mullens, but let's be honest, his biggest flaw is trying to do too much. He needs to realize when to pull it down and eat it. In limited action against the Jets, he fumbled twice and threw an inaccurate pass that Jet couldn't catch that wound up being a pick. I mean in 2.5 games, he's got 2 TDs, 3 INTs, and 3 fumbles (1 lost). Collectively, that's not a good stat line. His turnover numbers could definitely be even worse.

The Jets action you thought maybe it was just being put into action unexpectedly, but CJB had no problem coming in right away and leading a TD drive against a good defense (Eagles lead the league in sacks). I have to be honest, but I'm a lot more confident in CJB leading any comeback than Nick.

In the Jets game you got to compare Jimmy G and Mullens directly. It really was chalk and cheese. Sure Mullens had a good game against the Giants but then crashed against the Eagles. Same when he played in 2018. He is just not consistent yet. I am sure that will come with time as will settling down and not trying to do too many trick things.

Ah yeah man that was a walk in.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Damn, CJ really got people fooled in here with that ezmode soft-zone drive that Jim Schwartz handed him last night. I hope Jimmy is ready to go because I don't think I can bear any more of Needle Dick Nick and Sleepy CJ Beathard.

We about to win out with CJ and trade Jimmy AND Nick!!! What a difference a week makes
Originally posted by Heroism:

I mean, when he ran soft zone against Mullens, he threw it right to the defenders. So it's hard to blame people for giving CJB credit for actually hitting the open man.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I mean, when he ran soft zone against Mullens, he threw it right to the defenders. So it's hard to blame people for giving CJB credit for actually hitting the open man.

They played mainly man throughout the game. You don't even need the all-22 to see this. Just follow the motions on the highlight video. You don't get Darius Slay to play zone.

The CJ drive was a gimme.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 5, 2020 at 3:20 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
this guy is the real qb kyle is keeping a secret.

For all the bad takes you've had this year,...hopefully you're onto something this time.

lol @ you thinking my bad takes are serious. Glad I'm noticed
He was slinging it really well.

He was assertive and made the throws.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Honestly I'd rather just stay with Mullens.
Mullens or CJ would just be another loss.
Share 49ersWebzone